• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New U.S. currency designs coloured very Canadian

Orion

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
New U.S. currency designs coloured very Canadian - Yahoo! Canada News

Just thought I'd post this. I have always thought American money was decidedly bland and could use an update, so I'm glad that a lot of the submissions involve colour. As for the actual images, I am curious to know what people think for what those should be.

With Canadian bills, we tend to have famous past Prime Ministers, the Queen, and then some signature Canadian animals like the beaver or moose. More recently (as in, our last currency makeover), there have been aboriginal designs added.

What would you like your money to look like?

I could give a crap what the money looks like.

My biggest interest is utility and durability; currently, a US bill will last about 12-18 months in general circulation before wearing out. Worn out bills are destroyed and new ones printed in their place.

I'd like to see materials like durable plastics or synthetic fibers used in place of the blend of fibers we use today. Synthetics are more difficult to forge and when combined with things like small holograms or translucent plastic panels or even RFID tags would make our money much more resistant to unauthorized printing.

All countries should have colourful, polymer money, like this.

notes.jpg

All countries should have colourful, polymer money, like this.

notes.jpg

Yeah and we DID design it to aid the visually impaired

but I have to ask - why does Ben Franklin look like he just passed wind?

fbc23b856379e5c66d5fd7bb93b42159-l.jpg

It's no fair that the Euro looks cooler than our money.

We can't let those damn Europeans outdo us.

I like the way our money looks now, simple and effective, there's no need to get all crazy with colors.

That money looks awesome. Very futuristic :)

If we do change the look of our paper money we should also make the denominations in different sizes to help the blind. That way they will know a single from a five or ten, etc. If you make a change, might as well make it helpful.

Paper money will become obsolete anyway, so I don't see a point in changing anything.

Just thought I'd post this. I have always thought American money was decidedly bland and could use an update, so I'm glad that a lot of the submissions involve colour. As for the actual images, I am curious to know what people think for what those should be.

With Canadian bills, we tend to have famous past Prime Ministers, the Queen, and then some signature Canadian animals like the beaver or moose. More recently (as in, our last currency makeover), there have been aboriginal designs added.

don't really care, as i tend not to use cash too much. i guess colorful would be nice, though. oh, and all currency should bear a picture of bill and hillary clinton. ;-)

Paper money will become obsolete anyway, so I don't see a point in changing anything.

We can't even do away with the penney. How do you figure paper money is on the way out?

I really dig the colorful bills, but they run the chance of looking outdated in a couple decades.

This new money redesign looks like a rainbow puked on some random pictures. The entire premise is a waste of time... If you're going to do it, then go whole hog. How about putting tubgirl on the 1 dollar bill in full technical glory? (Or is it CYMK?)

I don't care who's on the bills. But your money needs redisigning. I ****ing hate American Money when I have to use it. It's all the same!

And Dollar Bills. Yuk! I'll stick with my Loonie and Toonie coins baby! :mrgreen:

I don't care who's on the bills. But your money needs redisigning. I ****ing hate American Money when I have to use it. It's all the same!

And Dollar Bills. Yuk! I'll stick with my Loonie and Toonie coins baby! :mrgreen:

I don't care what it looks like, Just as long as I have a lot of it. :thumbs:

I don't care what the money looks like, but it would be helpful to the blind if bills of different denominations came in slightly different sizes or had some sort of raised texture on them.

These bills look too much like bus passes for my taste.
I kind of like the old-style (pre-1990s) money.
It's classier. I always liked the bills better before they changed them.
As I said, the only improvement I really care about is creating a way for the blind to differentiate between bills of various denominations.

Last edited:
If we do change the look of our paper money we should also make the denominations in different sizes to help the blind. That way they will know a single from a five or ten, etc. If you make a change, might as well make it helpful.

I'm not sure about other countries, but Canadian money now has brail on it and it seems to work according to some seeing impaired people I've spoken to. Not sure how well the brail will stand the test of time as the bills get older though.

If you hate using American money , there is a simple solution. We don't want you unhappy.

But how could loonie and toonie coins work at a strip club?

Wait. Actually, don't answer that question.

Back
Top Bottom