• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

*** New to the Forum! ***

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I just found this forum ... tonight!

My name is Mick. My politics are far, far right wing economically, socially left-wing, but rabidly pro-American. I am a capitalist pig I s'pose! :)

I live in Texas, which is just as much a mindset as it is a state. Were pretty independent here and pretty much do as we please, but were a good hodge podge of races, religions and cultures --- which is what makes Texas a great place to live. You must love Tex-Mex though!

In any event, wanted to say hello to everyone!

Mick

67112126-hullo-everyone-dpsockpuppet.jpg

Welcome. I never been to Texas but have lots of friends from there. I love the food. I love chop n screw. RIP DJ Screw. I'm a big Ron Paul supporter.

If I ever move back to America I'm considering Texas.

@Spud,
That picture kicks ass.

spud and johnny: many thanks!

Ron Paul is a *gentleman* down here and well loved. He was beaten up by the press for his anti-war stance, but he is a died-in-the-wool libertarian whose heart is in the right place. We love him. The location of his Congressional Office (Lake Jackson, Texas) has a "Mosquito Festival" every year!

Texas is a great place to live. I love it. I grew up in a small town south of Houston with great neighbors and friends. No racial problems - all races mixed freely together; I was lucky to get to know some outstanding young men who later went on to military careers. Good old-fashioned values, good conservative values are here, with old fashioned 'classic liberalism' which makes for a Southern libertarianism that is very unique.

The economy down here is *booming*. I'm a personal trainer by trade and 2009-2010 is the best year I've had so far. Bring on them beer belly's! :)

Johnny, move to Texas. It has an independent mindset different from the rest of the country. I lived in Seattle, Washington for nearly 4 years. And although I loved the haute joe (on every street corner), the mindset was proletarian, and watching the huuuuuuuuuuuge May Day parade with Communist flags march down Pike Street to White Center every year was odd. They even have a monument to Lenin there (next to a Del Taco). Couldn't WAIT to get back to Texas! :)

Last edited:
Welcome to DP :)

Welcome aboard. :)

laila and danarhea,

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Mick

Seen you around in a few threads already. I think you're going to be fun.

Welcome to DP. :kitty:

I just found this forum ... tonight!

My name is Mick. My politics are far, far right wing economically, socially left-wing, but rabidly pro-American. I am a capitalist pig I s'pose! :)

I live in Texas, which is just as much a mindset as it is a state. Were pretty independent here and pretty much do as we please, but were a good hodge podge of races, religions and cultures --- which is what makes Texas a great place to live. You must love Tex-Mex though!

In any event, wanted to say hello to everyone!

Mick

Hehehehe, :devil: you're exactly the kind of person we're looking for. :fueltofir Come to the Tavern son and let me buy you a beer. :cheers:

I already know you from the threads. Think I've thanked you a few times for your posts.
Didn't realize you were such a fan of Texas though. Me too!!!

Back
Top Bottom