• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New tattoo rules for service men and women.

CRUE CAB

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I can see the ban on neck tats, but forearm and calf tats.
Seriously, does that what makes a good military man now a days?

I can see the ban on neck tats, but forearm and calf tats.
Seriously, does that what makes a good military man now a days?

Calf tats are meh, since the only time those are visible in uniform is when wearing summer PT's. Forearm tats look like **** in Class B's, and other short sleeve uniforms, thus detracting from the professional appearance of the uniform.

Calf tats are meh, since the only time those are visible in uniform is when wearing summer PT's. Forearm tats look like **** in Class B's, and other short sleeve uniforms, thus detracting from the professional appearance of the uniform.
Sounds more like the sissification of the military to me. I wonder what muslim person was offended by certain tatts that raised hell about it.

Sounds more like the sissification of the military to me. I wonder what muslim person was offended by certain tatts that raised hell about it.

More like many in the chain of command saw many tats as gang related.

The Blessed Crotch was the first to start restricting tats- guess you think they are bigger sissies as they went first? :roll:

More like many in the chain of command saw many tats as gang related.

The Blessed Crotch was the first to start restricting tats- guess you think they are bigger sissies as they went first? :roll:
Actually yes, I have three nephews that got out recently and that is exactly what they said.
One has tatts on his arms. I would stand next to him in battle any day.
I can see the issue with gang tats, but I also have a nephew in the Navy that gets constant grief about a cross tattoo on his shoulder.
One commanding officer is insisting he get it either removed or covered or changed. Even suggesting that the cross is racist.
He is a good sailor, father and husband. He couldnt wait to join the military, now he cant wait to get out.

Actually yes, I have three nephews that got out recently and that is exactly what they said.
One has tatts on his arms. I would stand next to him in battle any day.
I can see the issue with gang tats, but I also have a nephew in the Navy that gets constant grief about a cross tattoo on his shoulder.
One commanding officer is insisting he get it either removed or covered or changed. Even suggesting that the cross is racist.
He is a good sailor, father and husband. He couldnt wait to join the military, now he cant wait to get out.

First all tats are grandfathered so this applies ONLY to new recruits. So why the nephews are getting out must have other reasons.

Second have you ever stood in battle? I was a crawling motor scooter.... ;)

Third many tats have to be covered that has been going on for awhile now. Unless we can see the cross tat it is difficult to tell. If he is as vocal about Muslims I can see where he might be considered a tad racist...

Fourth you sure have a lot of 'nephews' serving- any sons doing so?

Fifth- now that we are no longer engaged in Iraq the recruitment situation has changed and many want in, the armed forces can be a bit more selective.

Sixth- all branches can afford to lose some so-called good men, plenty more signing up.

severnth- back to your original rant, since the Crotch started the Tats regulations first, are they the biggest sissies???? :confused:

First all tats are grandfathered so this applies ONLY to new recruits. So why the nephews are getting out must have other reasons.

Second have you ever stood in battle? I was a crawling motor scooter.... ;)

Third many tats have to be covered that has been going on for awhile now. Unless we can see the cross tat it is difficult to tell. If he is as vocal about Muslims I can see where he might be considered a tad racist...

Fourth you sure have a lot of 'nephews' serving- any sons doing so?

Fifth- now that we are no longer engaged in Iraq the recruitment situation has changed and many want in, the armed forces can be a bit more selective.

Sixth- all branches can afford to lose some so-called good men, plenty more signing up.

severnth- back to your original rant, since the Crotch started the Tats regulations first, are they the biggest sissies???? :confused:
Standing in battle is just a term.
Grandfathering is not a done deal, I have heard of mandatory removal. Just what I have heard.
Vocal, no. Actually he is not vocal about much.
And yes, there are alot of nephews. Lots of brothers and sisters on the wifes side. All have multiple children except my wife she just has her son. He has no interest in the military. Respect but no interest.
Lastly, that was the view of the battle hardend of the bunch.

Standing in battle is just a term.
Grandfathering is not a done deal, I have heard of mandatory removal. Just what I have heard.
Vocal, no. Actually he is not vocal about much.
And yes, there are alot of nephews. Lots of brothers and sisters on the wifes side. All have multiple children except my wife she just has her son. He has no interest in the military. Respect but no interest.
Lastly, that was the view of the battle hardend of the bunch.

So to recap-

the first was just empty words
You'd take 'what you heard' over the Regs.
Don't have to say much to say a lot.
It is other people's kids you seem to know so much about.
When you ranted about sissifying you didn't say you was just parroting 'battle hardened' guys. nice dodge now... :roll:

But since you did parrot it- do you think the Crotch is full of bigger sissies since they started the tightening up of recruiting standards BEFORE the army???

So to recap-

the first was just empty words
You'd take 'what you heard' over the Regs.
Don't have to say much to say a lot.
It is other people's kids you seem to know so much about.
When you ranted about sissifying you didn't say you was just parroting 'battle hardened' guys. nice dodge now... :roll:

But since you did parrot it- do you think the Crotch is full of bigger sissies since they started the tightening up of recruiting standards BEFORE the army???

Well you can twist my words all you want.
Not grandfathering in is one of the issues of the ruling not being signed yet. Its matter of who wil pay for removal. Current service members I know were told they were going to have to pay if there was no grandfathering in.
Being heavily tattooed and living in a military town I know many service members who are in the "tattooed class" as they feel they are being treated now.
Tell ya what, hit a few tattoo studios near a base and listen to the service members for yourself.
I think its a stupid rule. If they were worried about gangs, shouldnt have let them in the first place.
I am also working right now with two former Marines that are laughing at your comments right now.

The Military is a professional organization. If you want to look like a circus freak, do it somewhere else.

Well you can twist my words all you want.
Not grandfathering in is one of the issues of the ruling not being signed yet. Its matter of who wil pay for removal. Current service members I know were told they were going to have to pay if there was no grandfathering in.
Being heavily tattooed and living in a military town I know many service members who are in the "tattooed class" as they feel they are being treated now.
Tell ya what, hit a few tattoo studios near a base and listen to the service members for yourself.
I think its a stupid rule. If they were worried about gangs, shouldnt have let them in the first place.
I am also working right now with two former Marines that are laughing at your comments right now.

Well grandfathering has already been 'reg'd up' in the Crotch so there goes at least part of what you can only speculate about as you have ZERO knowledge on the subject.

I figured you was an inker. Sorry but for most of the free world huge sleeves and body covered in ink just doesn't say professional except in the circus.

I know quite a few inked up guys, can't say the ink makes 'em better soldiers.

The new regs are for RECRUITS, not guys already in, you keep dodging that simple fact, most likely aimed at gangs, not appeasing the Muslims as you first tried to say.

So ya do big bucks retail sales, visit dozens of Muslim owned stores, are standing around with former jarheads AND posting online.... :roll:

Tell those peanut heads it is their turn in the barrel.... :lol:

Says the sissy who never joined ;)

Also where do you come up with this idea that Muslims are somehow involved.

Just a theory. But not mine. An actual service member.

He's an idiot, and so are you for assuming without a single fact that this change of policy was the result of a Muslim person being offended.

Do you make a habit of just accepting as true everything you hear?

He's an idiot, and so are you for assuming without a single fact that this change of policy was the result of a Muslim person being offended.

Do you make a habit of just accepting as true everything you hear?
From certian people, yes. People proven to be honest and forthcoming, yes. People with no reason to lie, yes.
Or do you just love to jump on others without knowing the first fact.
And its easy to call me a sissy, from Kentucky.

From certian people, yes. People proven to be honest and forthcoming, yes. People with no reason to lie, yes.
Or do you just love to jump on others without knowing the first fact.
And its easy to call me a sissy, from Kentucky.

Well than you're dumb, and it shows right here because you have no information to back it up.

Also I'm not calling you a sissy from Kentucky I'm calling you a sissy from Afghanistan. And please don't start with some kind of stupid internet version of play ground taunting I swear to God I don't want to hear about how you'd "beat me up" if I said that to your face or some other retarded ****.

The wars are winding down.

The mil is downsizing.

This is just one more gate to make enlistment more restrictive.

Is it stupid?

Sure.

Just as stupid as thinking that a kid who smoked pot more than twice (and had the temerity to inhale) would make a lousy Soldier.

When the balloon goes up next time this will either go away as a reg or it'll become waiver-able, just like drug and criminal history, GT score, and etc...

The peacetime mil and the wartime mil are two very different animals.

Well than you're dumb, and it shows right here because you have no information to back it up.

Also I'm not calling you a sissy from Kentucky I'm calling you a sissy from Afghanistan. And please don't start with some kind of stupid internet version of play ground taunting I swear to God I don't want to hear about how you'd "beat me up" if I said that to your face or some other retarded ****.
So, its easy to call me a sissy from Afghanistan. Now, go spin out of control putting words in my mouth.

So, its easy to call me a sissy from Afghanistan. Now, go spin out of control putting words in my mouth.

You're the one who said "I wonder what muslim person was offended by certain tatts that raised hell about it." I'm sorry if it hurts to be quoted but that **** came out of your mouth I didn't put it there.

You're the one who said "I wonder what muslim person was offended by certain tatts that raised hell about it." I'm sorry if it hurts to be quoted but that **** came out of your mouth I didn't put it there.
You still talking? And yes, thats how I phrased it. But the info came from someone else who's cross tattoo was questioned and it was questioned because he is Christian and some in his unit were not.
And his sissy commander thought maybe it would cause some tension between him and "non" christians.
He also has a family crest tattoo, and it was deemed to be racist.
Sorry on one hand that the military is getting all ate up with stupid PC.
On the other hand I guess thats just part of being in the service. You are THEIR property.

You still talking? And yes, thats how I phrased it. But the info came from someone else who's cross tattoo was questioned and it was questioned because he is Christian and some in his unit were not.
And his sissy commander thought maybe it would cause some tension between him and "non" christians.
He also has a family crest tattoo, and it was deemed to be racist.
Sorry on one hand that the military is getting all ate up with stupid PC.
On the other hand I guess thats just part of being in the service. You are THEIR property.

Purely anecdotal, if you're going to listen to someone in the Army than listen to me and hear me say that it has nothing to do with Islam.

Actually, grandfathering is a "done deal", it always has been. Otherwise they would be kicking out a lot of people, and if you wanted out just get a tattoo before the reg goes into effect and out you go.

I originally served during the first Reagan Administration, and I have never heard of a single situation where a change like this was not grandfathered in, with the exception of gang and other such tattoos. And if you had one of those when the rule went into effect, do not expect any pity from me. You wear a gang or racist tattoo, you deserve to be booted out, we do not want or need you.

And as a Marine who has spent countless hundreds of hours in Class C (Dark green slacks with the tan short sleeve shirt) and Delta C (Dress Blue slacks with the tan short sleeve shirt), it is a very unprofessional look when you have visible tattoos. Even though there was no such "official policy" at my Barracks, Marines that had such tattoos were not considered for gate guard duty, period (and that was considered to be the most prestigious post with the best benefits).

Purely anecdotal, if you're going to listen to someone in the Army than listen to me and hear me say that it has nothing to do with Islam.

I read that the first time. You have your opinion.

I read that the first time. You have your opinion.

Its not an opinion, its a fact. This new policy has nothing to do with Muslims and whatever you've "heard from a friend" which I really think is just code for "I made it up myself" is simply wrong.

It's wrong, there's no if's and's or but's.

Back
Top Bottom