• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New studies agree that animals sold at Wuhan market are most likely what started Covid-19 pandemic

(CNN)In June, the World Health Organization recommended that scientists continue to research all possible origins of the Covid-19 pandemic, including a lab leak. Two newly published studies take totally different approaches but arrive at the same conclusion: The Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, China, was most likely the epicenter for the coronavirus.

The studies were posted online as preprints in February but have now undergone peer review and were published Tuesday in the journal Science.

More than 40% of parents of young kids say they will not get their child a Covid-19 vaccine, survey finds

In one, scientists from around the world used mapping tools and social media reports to do a spatial and environmental analysis. They suggest that although the "exact circumstances remain obscure," the virus was probably present in live animals sold at the market in late 2019. The animals were held close together and could easily have exchanged germs. However, the study does not determine which animals may have been sick.
================================================================
Conspiracy theories that China developed COVID-19 as a bioweapon are all bunk. Why make a bug that immediately infects your own country?
Does anyone really trust this information. It's China people! Just in case you forgot, the information is compiled about things happening in China, not the most transparent government in the world.

The unvaxxed were primarily the ones cluttering the hospitals and those dying.
In the second wave, yes.
Stupid had a price this time around.
Stupid is pestering the non-vaccinated to rush down and get the present vaccine that is not specific to the Omicron variants. At least wait until the up to date vaccine comes out in September or October to rant and rave again.

In the second wave, yes.

From the beginning.

Stupid is pestering the non-vaccinated to rush down and get the present vaccine that is not specific to the Omicron variants. At least wait until the up to date vaccine comes out in September or October to rant and rave again.

The current vaccine provides protection for the Omicron variants. Please stop saying stupid things.

WHY is the origin of the virus so much more important than actually containing it?

Does anyone really trust this information. It's China people!
If you have to insist that all the scientists producing these studies are liars, just to cling to an extraordinary claim for which you have zero evidence, you might want to pause and wonder if you're not engaging in basic intellectual fraud.

The current vaccine provides protection for the Omicron variants. Please stop saying stupid things.
The current vaccine provides nothing whatsoever that is Omicron specific. That's why your little buddies Dementia Joey and Dr Fauci became infected despite being fully vaccinated and double boosted.

The current vaccine provides nothing whatsoever that is Omicron specific. That's why your little buddies Dementia Joey and Dr Fauci became infected despite being fully vaccinated and double boosted.
That's also why they had less severe illness and cleared the virus more quickly than they would have otherwise.

It doesn't have to be "specific".

And infected =/= dead/hospitalized

It doesn't have to be "specific".

And infected =/= dead/hospitalized
Are you for real? The presently available vaccine was specific to the first variant, and effective against the 2nd variant. It's been barely if at all effective against Omicron. I look forward to the Omicron specific vaccine coming out in September or October and will take it as soon as it becomes available. I am fully vaccinated and double boosted and that probably helped me in regards to the first two variants, however I have no faith whatsoever in it's efficacy in regards to Omicron.

That's also why they had less severe illness and cleared the virus more quickly than they would have otherwise.
Less severe illness? They both had rebound infections even after the meds.

Are you for real? The presently available vaccine was specific to the first variant, and effective against the 2nd variant. It's been barely if at all effective against Omicron. I look forward to the Omicron specific vaccine coming out in September or October and will take it as soon as it becomes available. I am fully vaccinated and double boosted and that probably helped me in regards to the first two variants, however I have no faith whatsoever in it's efficacy in regards to Omicron.

Are you for real? The presently available vaccine is effective in helping prevent hospitalization/deaths.

Less severe illness? They both had rebound infections even after the meds.
And had mild illness that was made less severe by an improved immune response, itself due to vaccination.

And had mild illness that was made less severe by an improved immune response, itself due to vaccination.
Prove that it was the vaccine that made it less severe. For that matter, prove that it was less severe. Most who get Omicron are either asymptomatic or have a very mild case of the sniffles.

Prove that it was the vaccine that made it less severe.
What would that proof look like, to you? You know, since all of the science doesnt convince you, which is always the hallmark of a brilliant person.

Are you for real? The presently available vaccine is effective in helping prevent hospitalization/deaths.
Prove it. I don't think it is preventive at all regarding the Omicron variants. I have seen too many fully vaccinated and double boosted individuals, including your buddies Biden and Fauci from getting infected. And it was likely the Paxlovid med that kept those two individuals from getting more sick.

Prove it. I don't think it is preventive at all regarding the Omicron variants.
Nor will you, no matter what anyone posts to you. You came by your position without evidence. No evidence will change it. Very simple.

What would that proof look like, to you? You know, since all of the science doesnt convince you, which is always the hallmark of a brilliant person.
Show me convincing science, not just rhetotic from the short statured Doctor Fauci.

Nor will you, no matter what anyone posts to you. You came by your position without evidence. No evidence will change it. Very simple.
Show me evidence. So far all we have heard is theory.

Show me convincing science
So, go Google scientific studies you will not read and are too lazy to Google for yourself, compile them, and lay them at your feet to shit on? Gee, when can i start?

So, go Google scientific studies you will not read and are too lazy to Google for yourself, compile them, and lay them at your feet to shit on? Gee, when can i start?
That's a very lazy way of admitting that you have no evidence whatsoever. You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you. Telling me to look it up for you is hilarious. :giggle:

That's a very lazy way of admitting that you have no evidence whatsoever. You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you. Telling me to look it up for you is hilarious. :giggle:
No, that doesn't follow, and that illogic is indicative of your poor grasp of logic. It is also your way of getting attention, as you will not read anything I post to you, will not change your mind (as you came to your wrong and idiotic stance without evidence in the first place), and will just dig up another idiot talking point.

Prove it. I don't think it is preventive at all regarding the Omicron variants. I have seen too many fully vaccinated and double boosted individuals, including your buddies Biden and Fauci from getting infected. And it was likely the Paxlovid med that kept those two individuals from getting more sick.

Proven.

What you think is irrelevant. I'll go with the doctors and medical professionals on this.

Getting infected =/= Dying/Hospitalized.

Back
Top Bottom