• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Signs of Rising Illegal Immigration into US.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
The number of immigrants crossing the border illegally into the U.S. appears to be on the rise again after dropping during the recession.

The total number of immigrants living in this country unlawfully edged up from 11.3 million in 2009 to 11.7 million last year, with those from countries other than Mexico at an apparent all-time high, according to a report released Monday by the Pew Research Center's Hispanic Trends Project.

bec66a451efd39203e0f6a706700d86e.jpg

The change is within the margin of error, and there will be a more precise census measure released later this year. Still, based in part on other factors such as increased U.S. border apprehensions, the sharp decline in illegal immigration from 2007-2009 has clearly bottomed out, with signs the numbers are now rising, Pew said.

Pew said that among the six states with the largest numbers of immigrants here illegally, only Texas had a consistent increase in illegal immigration from 2007 to 2011, due in part to its stronger economy. Its number was unchanged from 2011 to 2012. Two states — Florida and New Jersey — had an initial drop but then increases during the same 2007-2011 period. Three states — California, Illinois and New York — showed only declines.....snip~

New signs of rising illegal immigration into US
Associated Press – 20 hrs ago

Immigration is back on the rise.....this Administration wants to give out more Student and Worker Visas. Do you think all this influx was being looked at with what its affect will be on Obamacare, crime, and the economy. We have nothing solid going with this issue and our illustrious so called leaders. No agreements, no vision, and no solutions.....where does this leave, We the People?

The number of immigrants crossing the border illegally into the U.S. appears to be on the rise again after dropping during the recession.

The total number of immigrants living in this country unlawfully edged up from 11.3 million in 2009 to 11.7 million last year, with those from countries other than Mexico at an apparent all-time high, according to a report released Monday by the Pew Research Center's Hispanic Trends Project.

The change is within the margin of error, and there will be a more precise census measure released later this year. Still, based in part on other factors such as increased U.S. border apprehensions, the sharp decline in illegal immigration from 2007-2009 has clearly bottomed out, with signs the numbers are now rising, Pew said.

Pew said that among the six states with the largest numbers of immigrants here illegally, only Texas had a consistent increase in illegal immigration from 2007 to 2011, due in part to its stronger economy. Its number was unchanged from 2011 to 2012. Two states — Florida and New Jersey — had an initial drop but then increases during the same 2007-2011 period. Three states — California, Illinois and New York — showed only declines.....snip~

Immigration is back on the rise.....this Administration wants to give out more Student and Worker Visas. Do you think all this influx was being looked at with what its affect will be on Obamacare, crime, and the economy. We have nothing solid going with this issue and our illustrious so called leaders. No agreements, no vision, and no solutions.....where does this leave, We the People?

Your source: "within the margin of error"

You: "Illegal immigration is on the rise"

Your source and you aren't saying the same thing.

We the people are left screwed!!

Between the push for amnesty & obamacare we as a country
are basically screwed!

Raises aren't available now & with the dreamers etc that Obama has
legalized sorta we're gonna keep going down.:cry:

By the way good morning MMC!:2wave:

New signs of rising illegal immigration into US <<<<<From the Associated Press.

The change is within the margin of error, and there will be a more precise census measure released later this year. Still, based in part on other factors such as increased U.S. border apprehensions, the sharp decline in illegal immigration from 2007-2009 has clearly bottomed out, with signs the numbers are now rising, Pew said.....snip~

:doh

254134291ea138203e0f6a7067001302.jpg

You were saying what again? :roll:

New signs of rising illegal immigration into US <<<<<From the Associated Press.

The change is within the margin of error, and there will be a more precise census measure released later this year. Still, based in part on other factors such as increased U.S. border apprehensions, the sharp decline in illegal immigration from 2007-2009 has clearly bottomed out, with signs the numbers are now rising, Pew said.....snip~

:doh

254134291ea138203e0f6a7067001302.jpg

You were saying what again? :roll:

As your graph shows, you can't say its on the rise as in its currently rising in the present because its in the margin of error. You can say it rose, as in it increased in the past, but you can't say its rising as in its increasing in the present if we use your source.

As your graph shows, you can't say its on the rise as in its currently rising in the present because its in the margin of error. You can say it rose, as in it increased in the past, but you can't say its rising as in its increasing in the present if we use your source.

Wiseone.....yes the MS media is saying Immigration is on the Rise. Yes they can say it is rising. They have the numbers and they see the trend. So all that denial isn't changing that the MS media has put this out to the Entire US. Got that part.....now when ya can get past that about who all other Media outlets report to. Then there is this part with the stats.

A look at some immigration details, by the numbers:

—In all, the number of Mexicans here illegally stood at roughly 6 million last year, down from the 2007 peak of 6.9 million and largely unchanged since 2010. Mexicans now make up 52 percent of immigrants in the U.S. illegally, down from 57 percent in 2007.

—The level of illegal immigration from countries other than Mexico rose to a record 5.65 million, higher than the 5 million in 2009 and apparently surpassing the 2007 peak of 5.25 million. The record number in 2012 is a preliminary determination because of margins of error in the surveys.

—In past surveys, non-Mexican immigrants here illegally have come primarily from Central America, at roughly 15 percent; followed by South America, the Caribbean and other parts of Latin America at 12 percent; and Asia, at roughly 10 percent. The Obama administration has recently said that unrest and poverty in many Central American nations are a large factor behind illegal immigration into the U.S.

Separately, U.S. Border Patrol data show a modest increase in the number of apprehensions at the Mexican border from 2011 to 2012, increasing to 365,000. That was because of growing apprehensions of non-Mexicans, as opposed to Mexicans, which declined. Historically, increases in border apprehensions have tended to coincide with increases in illegal immigration.

—In particular, analysts have said that immigrants are shifting their migration paths from Arizona to deep southern Texas, due in part to that state's stronger economy, as well as increases in Central American immigrants who seek a more direct route to the U.S. Agents from the Border Patrol in Texas' Rio Grande Valley have apprehended nearly 150,000 so far this fiscal year, a 58 percent increase over 2012. About 94,000 of those border crossers arrested have been from countries other than Mexico.....snip~

Doubt you can get round that source though. ;)

I know the Obamaforce is strong within you young Padawon.....but even this cannot prevent reality from rolling on by.
f_zen.gif

We the people are left screwed!!

Between the push for amnesty & obamacare we as a country
are basically screwed!

Raises aren't available now & with the dreamers etc that Obama has
legalized sorta we're gonna keep going down.:cry:

By the way good morning MMC!:2wave:

Mornin' Penn. :2wave: Wonder if they will continue to increase once all Job Industries going to that Part time job model. Getting rid of all those benefits.

I dont have an issue with your source its just that the statistics say one thing and you said another, that's all.

Anyway I agree with you we need to address the immigration issue, which our government hasn't really done at all.

I dont have an issue with your source its just that the statistics say one thing and you said another, that's all.

Anyway I agree with you we need to address the immigration issue, which our government hasn't really done at all.

Well here is what I said Wiseone.....I don't see what you are saying. Care to elaborate?

.....snip~

Now I said Immigration was on the rise......then I mention about the Student and Workers visa. I point out we have no agreements with our two parties. Point out they have no vision and no solutions. I also asked a couple of questions. So how again am I saying something Opposite of the Source?

The Floor is yours!
thanks.gif

Mornin' Penn. :2wave: Wonder if they will continue to increase once all Job Industries going to that Part time job model. Getting rid of all those benefits.

This is what I don't understand.Part time jobs,no bennies & we want more illegals?
I saw on USA TODAYs cover that illegals were coming back & almost ruined my day.

Course then I saw on DRUDGE that McConnell & Cornyn are screwing Cruz & the House
and that finished me off!!:2mad:

This is what I don't understand.Part time jobs,no bennies & we want more illegals?
I saw on USA TODAYs cover that illegals were coming back & almost ruined my day.

Course then I saw on DRUDGE that McConnell & Cornyn are screwing Cruz & the House
and that finished me off!!:2mad:

One thing I am tired of hearing about is how we don't have enough going for engineering.....yet they would bring those in give them the degree or the job. Which then they move back to their country and help build whatever over there. Most of the time Leaving the US for good anyways. I say screw that.....give our Kids the Jobs. As There are plenty of engineers in this country.

I don't know if they took into consideration any rise in Immigration or thinking Numbers would remain the same. Or what the effect would be with the Obama program running and him in Office. More jobs that are lost. Hearing those predictions about what some thought they would be able to do. Then hearing how they wont be able to do what they said.

Plus then you hear about how people are changing with their spending habits and more people are about saving. Not taking out loans they don't need. Credit card purchases being down.

So any rise here is only going to make matters worse. Just like the piece says. They could even get surges.

I'm a good source.

Hold on I'll be right back.

I'm back, just looked out my window and I see new illegal aliens mowing lawns.

Just to confirm my observations, hold on I'll be right back.

I'm back from the Home Depot. My suspicions are confirmed. All kinds of new illegal aliens hanging out in front of the Home Depot.

There's defiantly has been an increase in illegal aliens crossing the border.

I'm a good source.

Hold on I'll be right back.

I'm back, just looked out my window and I see new illegal aliens mowing lawns.

Just to confirm my observations, hold on I'll be right back.

I'm back from the Home Depot. My suspicions are confirmed. All kinds of new illegal aliens hanging out in front of the Home Depot.

There's defiantly has been an increase in illegal aliens crossing the border.

God I'm being trolled by an old man.

We generally see an influx before any proposed "immigration reform".

I have a degree from the University of Hard Knocks.

You can't earn one of them if you got a monkey on your back and have become dependent on government.

I've met dumb old folks, like yourself, and smart old folks. And I've met smart young guys and dumb young guys.

Age doesn't mean anything.

I've met dumb old folks, like yourself, and smart old folks. And I've met smart young guys and dumb young guys.

Age doesn't mean anything.

But it does, have you ever lived on the Rez ? Being a "tribal elder" puts you on the top of the totem pole.

Age gains you respect with in the criminal society on the streets.

FNG's listen to "old salts."

It's well known that those below 45 probably had little or no experience with quality. So they have no knowledge of what quality is.

If todays Wal-Marts, K-Marts, Target stores were to being selling the same garbage that's found on their shelfs today back during the 60's the stores would be empty because Americans only excepted quality.

If Obama were have to been elected POTUS back in 64 or 68, he would be living in exile today. America had higher standards back then.

But it does, have you ever lived on the Rez ? Being a "tribal elder" puts you on the top of the totem pole.

Age gains you respect with in the criminal society on the streets.

FNG's listen to "old salts."

It's well known that those below 45 probably had little or no experience with quality. So they have no knowledge of what quality is.

If todays Wal-Marts, K-Marts, Target stores were to being selling the same garbage that's found on their shelfs today back during the 60's the stores would be empty because Americans only excepted quality.

If Obama were have to been elected POTUS back in 64 or 68, he would be living in exile today. America had higher standards back then.

I don't think you want to start talking about what it would have been like for a black man in politics the 60s, let alone saying it was a "higher standard." I always wonder if those who like to talk about the 50s and 60s as a "Golden Age" of America also remember that it was segregated and racist society as well in many parts of the country.

I don't think you want to start talking about what it would have been like for a black man in politics the 60s, let alone saying it was a "higher standard." I always wonder if those who like to talk about the 50s and 60s as a "Golden Age" of America also remember that it was segregated and racist society as well in many parts of the country.

You still have a chip on your shoulder ?

If we really cared about the Mexicans, we would simply take over Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom