• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Sharia

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
New Sharia:

I can't get Biden to do it for me, so maybe from here.

You Taliban, you educate those women.

Moreover, if a man is left alone in a room or house with a woman, he should be guilty of rape.

All these problems we are having all over the world with Islam has a common origin....ISLAM.

We need to stop addressing the symptoms, and start addressing the disease.

All these problems we are having all over the world with Islam has a common origin....ISLAM.

So going full on religious bigotry and genocide, eh? That sounds like...ummm...ISIS.

So going full on religious bigotry and genocide, eh? That sounds like...ummm...ISIS.
Hmmm, The (now Dead), leader of ISIS has a PHD in Islamic studies.

Maybe it's time we started listening to the people who actually know about the religion, and not the news.

Where is the bigotry?

Verse 9:111 says, "Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed".

Isn't that exactly what's happening?

Hmmm, The (now Dead), leader of ISIS has a PHD in Islamic studies.

Maybe it's time we started listening to the people who actually know about the religion, and not the news.

.....and not the news and the excuse makers.

Where is the bigotry?

Verse 9:111 says, "Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed".

Isn't that exactly what's happening?
Where? There are plenty of Muslims and Muslim communities in the U.S., right now, and they aren't doing these things. Further, they don't want to. My line of work has had me working with a significant number of Muslims and it's really been a great experience, for the most part. Also, I've been to Jordan, and it was a great visit and none of what you quoted is going on.

My mother always said Islam is as Islam does. And Islam pretty much rings all the bells of a violent male dominant fascist religion. I could care less though because I live in a free society not like Iran or Afghanistan.

Where? There are plenty of Muslims and Muslim communities in the U.S., right now, and they aren't doing these things. Further, they don't want to. My line of work has had me working with a significant number of Muslims and it's really been a great experience, for the most part. Also, I've been to Jordan, and it was a great visit and none of what you quoted is going on.

In case you haven't noticed, we're not talking about Muslims who don't wage jihad. We're talking about those who do, and why they do.

First of all, you are confusing Muslims with Islam. they are two different things.
And most muslims in free countries will conform to the existing laws, untill they get highte in numbers.

That's like saying the Democrats are responsible for the scorched Earth, because we're not under a blissfully ignorant Republican Regime.

Every Religion has its bad, an Islam's is that it doesn't protect or educate women.

The problem is that if the whole world believes that the Supreme appears in human form then we can be deceived by a man or spirit.

Mohamed preached an Islam that was appropriate for his time.

The oppression of women comes from the story of Adam and Eve? Do you think you are punishing Eve? You are nothing but a funny farm. You are no better than the Hare Krishnas. How would you like me to dump you in the same bin as them? If Eve needs to be punished, she can stub her toe or something. You people don't even believe in the Bible, although it is the true story, from a time before there were planets or stars. There were many Adams and Eves, and some of them held out for a long time.

The tree of knowledge of good and evil in the midst of the garden is the animal.

That's like saying the Democrats are responsible for the scorched Earth, because we're not under a blissfully ignorant Republican Regime.

Every Religion has its bad, an Islam's is that it doesn't protect or educate women.
It's obvious you havn't the slightest idea of which you speak.

Terrific! I suppose we should give Nazism a pass, since the vast majority of them are not engaged in criminal conduct. Truly terrific!

First of all, you are confusing Muslims with Islam. they are two different things.
And most muslims in free countries will conform to the existing laws, untill they get highte in numbers.

Apologists for Islam always do that. They confound the ideology and the adherants. It is as absurd as another asserting Nazism is a good ideology because all Nazis the person has encountered are law abiding citizens

Apologists for Islam always do that. They confound the ideology and the adherants. It is as absurd as another asserting Nazism is a good ideology because all Nazis the person has encountered are law abiding citizens

I've met plenty of Muslims who were perfectly fine people, but for some reason I can't find a Nazi I could say was a morally upright person. Funny how that works.

I've met plenty of Muslims who were perfectly fine people, but for some reason I can't find a Nazi I could say was a morally upright person. Funny how that works.

What was their criminal records? I am sure there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of Nazis, what fraction of them are commiting crimes? When Germany was Nazist were all citizens who were affiliated with Nazism commiting crimes? I am sure in Nazi Germany the vast majority of German citizens who were affiliated with the Nazi Party were upright citizens. All the German kids who were in Hitler Youth were commiting crimes? All the wives of Nazi officials were commiting crimes? Yet Nazism is, and was a criminal ideology. And Nazism, as an ideology, is criminal directly from what it espouses, irrespective of whether some Nazi is commiting a crime or not.

The defence of Islam by pointing to individual Moslems is a cop out. A Moslem can be a fine upright human being, but that does not address the canons of Islam that are odious

What was their criminal records? I am sure there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of Nazis, what fraction of them are commiting crimes? When Germany was Nazist were all citizens who were affiliated with Nazism commiting crimes?

German knowledge of the Holocaust was widespread, so you could easily make the argument that their lack of reaction is grounds for some kind of crime. Granted, "bystander intervention" has long been a legal and moral gray area, but the fact that there was never any widespread German resistance to the persecution of the Jews and other "untermenshen" can be considered a criminal act.

I am sure in Nazi Germany the vast majority of German citizens who were affiliated with the Nazi Party were upright citizens.

Based on what evidence?

The defence of Islam by pointing to individual Moslems is a cop out.

I can point out nations if you'd prefer. Who sent their navy to rescue the Jews who were expelled from Spain?

You can claim "Well the Koran says this and that", just like you can say "The Bible says this and that", but in the end its the actions of their adherents that matter far more than what the books say.

Whoa!

That's a frightening statement!

Is that possibly why some people in France are somewhat worried?

German knowledge of the Holocaust was widespread, so you could easily make the argument that their lack of reaction is grounds for some kind of crime. Granted, "bystander intervention" has long been a legal and moral gray area, but the fact that there was never any widespread German resistance to the persecution of the Jews and other "untermenshen" can be considered a criminal act.

Based on what evidence?

I can point out nations if you'd prefer. Who sent their navy to rescue the Jews who were expelled from Spain?

You can claim "Well the Koran says this and that", just like you can say "The Bible says this and that", but in the end its the actions of their adherents that matter far more than what the books say.

So before the holocaust Nazism was not a criminal ideology? Dont forget that Nazism came to power in 1933, and the holocaust got into high gear during the war itself. And even if knowledge of the holocaust was widespread, what fraction of Germans took part in it? Since most Germans remained upright citizens before and during the holocaust, by your reasoning that should absolve Nazism.

If you wanna go by the actions of adherents, then that has to apply to Islam as well.

New Sharia:

I can't get Biden to do it for me, so maybe from here.

You Taliban, you educate those women.

Moreover, if a man is left alone in a room or house with a woman, he should be guilty of rape.
Ahh, is that why mike pence would never be in a room with a woman by himself?

Whoa!

That's a frightening statement!

Is that possibly why some people in France are somewhat worried?

The funny thing is that Islam is not the only non Christian religion in Europe. There are Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, Shintos, etc.... they hardly ever make the headlines. Which begs the question what is in Islam that makes the difference

So before the holocaust Nazism was not a criminal ideology? Dont forget that Nazism came to power in 1933, and the holocaust got into high gear during the war itself.

The mass killings of "undesirables" was also the cornerstone of Nazi ideology and the foundations of the Holocaust were laid the moment the Nazis took power.

And even if knowledge of the holocaust was widespread, what fraction of Germans took part in it?

You're looking for a quantitative answer for a question that cannot be quantitatively answered to any degree of certainty. Suffice to say that the Holocaust occurred thanks to active contributions from all facets of German society and economy, and knowledge of it was widespread.

Again, this goes into the legal and moral principles of "bystander intervention". Since the Germans knew of the Holocaust, should they have done something? Was their inaction justified on the basis that they were fearful of reprisal?

Since most Germans remained upright citizens before and during the holocaust, by your reasoning that should absolve Nazism.

Again, based on what evidence?

If you wanna go by the actions of adherents, then that has to apply to Islam as well.

Sure, and I can safely say that the vast majority of Dar-al Islam, both in present and in history, have never bothered or troubled me or my civilization.

Juin said:
So before the holocaust Nazism was not a criminal ideology? Dont forget that Nazism came to power in 1933, and the holocaust got into high gear during the war itself.

Jrebaron << The mass killings of "undesirables" was also the cornerstone of Nazi ideology and the foundations of the Holocaust were laid the moment the Nazis took power.<<

Would that be like when the Taliban laid the foundations of Islam in Afghanistan? Or ISIS laid the foundations of Islam in Mesopotamia? Or for Islam we have to shift gears and claim that because there are upright Moslems in the US, Islam must be absolved?

And even if knowledge of the holocaust was widespread, what fraction of Germans took part in it?

Jredbaron << You're looking for a quantitative answer for a question that cannot be quantitatively answered to any degree of certainty. Suffice to say that the Holocaust occurred thanks to active contributions from all facets of German society and economy, and knowledge of it was widespread.<<

It is not rocket science. Even if you take the totality of the ss, it is still a small fraction of German society.

And you do engage in quite a stretch. Every German: man, woman, child, babies actively contributed to the holocaust! That is bs. That be like saying every American: man, woman, child actively contributed to the holocaust of American Indians.

But you still dont address your thesis that because you know Moslems who are upright, Islam should be absolved. How did the Nazis in the US participate in the holocaust? Why dont you also use the fact that American Nazis were upright citizens [unless it is your take that they were all of them, killing American Jews] to absolve Nazism? You are using the fact that American Moslems are upright citizens to absolve Islam.

Again, this goes into the legal and moral principles of "bystander intervention". Since the Germans knew of the Holocaust, should they have done something? Was their inaction justified on the basis that they were fearful of reprisal?

Back
Top Bottom