• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New rules heat up fight for child care centers staff

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In the State of Vermont, there is a lack of child care availability. A child care program in central Vermont recently closed because of a lack of staff, due to a shortage of funds to pay workers an adequate wage. This is consistent with the national narrative of forcing our citizens into their respective economic classes from a very young age.

America, holy ****. We already funded public education for K-12 using taxpayer dollars. I know that some of you want to discriminate against men by enforcing child support orders against them. If you want to discuss that, please go here instead of baiting the thread.

Anyway, for those of you who believe that child support and/or child care should be privately funded, do you also think that public schools should be replaced by private schools for those who can afford them? Where do you draw the line between godless communism and a tolerable level of welfare for infants?

For me, the answer is obvious: Vermont is behind the times. Our funding of childcare is totally inadequate. At this point it is no longer progressive to fund child care; it would be regressive to not fund it. It is neither liberal, nor conservative. It is a matter of social welfare that cannot be ignored. We may not have done enough for our young children, but by the time they turn 5-6, we reap the benefits.

I can see that there will be challenges to generating enough public funding to support children. But we have the best economy in the world to support it. The number one challenge is that our economy is a capitalist economy, which requires that ****ing idiots come to the same conclusion as everyone else. That conclusion is that education is an investment which will later yield returns in the private sector. I don't know how they will come to that conclusion, but I'm embarrassed that our country isn't smarter. I know that if we don't fund higher education, early childhood education, or both, that we will not improve.

I getting so sick of this.
If you feel so strongly then start a charity or something.

Stop trying to rob my family of its livelihood
Better yet why not go pay some daycare for people out of your own pocket.

No one is discriminating against men in child support either.
You lost that argument big time the fact you are still spouting that nonsense is
Amazing.

I getting so sick of this.
If you feel so strongly then start a charity or something.

Stop trying to rob my family of its livelihood
Better yet why not go pay some daycare for people out of your own pocket.

No one is discriminating against men in child support either.
You lost that argument big time the fact you are still spouting that nonsense is
Amazing.

So... nothing from you except don't take my money?

How is it that you justify taking money from individual citizens for child support, again? Go discuss your version of the caste system, I already provided the link for you.

A civilized society does not divide its citizens into economic classes based on birthright. Inheritance is one thing, but your generation traded our futures on the market and gambled with our environment and lost.

You owe me.

How is it that you justify taking money from individual citizens for child support, again? Go discuss your version of the caste system, I already provided the link for you.

A civilized society does not divide its citizens into economic classes based on birthright. Inheritance is one thing, but your generation traded our futures on the market and gambled with our environment and lost.

You owe me.

Owe you what?

If that is all you got then you really didn't understand the post. Which doesn't surprise me.
I have a family to support their livelihood and well being is more important.

I find it a bit hypocritical that you don't think that men should support their own kids but somehow should have to support someone else's. It is pretty much bankrupt of any and all logic.

I don't have a version of a caste system. You support your kid plain and simple.

You owe me.
Good thing no one is doing that.

You have no clue about my generation. You are making an argument from ignorance.
I owe you nothing and neither does anyone else.

Funny how as soon as I mentioned that you personally start a charity or pay for it yourself you derail your own thread into
A bunch of nonsense.

You owe me.

Really ??? He and his generation owes you nothing whatsoever, and no, they're not to blame for destroying the environment, " global warming " or the 2008 Financial collapse.

In the State of Vermont, there is a lack of child care availability. A child care program in central Vermont recently closed because of a lack of staff, due to a shortage of funds to pay workers an adequate wage. This is consistent with the national narrative of forcing our citizens into their respective economic classes from a very young age.

America, holy ****. We already funded public education for K-12 using taxpayer dollars. I know that some of you want to discriminate against men by enforcing child support orders against them. If you want to discuss that, please go here instead of baiting the thread.

Anyway, for those of you who believe that child support and/or child care should be privately funded, do you also think that public schools should be replaced by private schools for those who can afford them? Where do you draw the line between godless communism and a tolerable level of welfare for infants?

For me, the answer is obvious: Vermont is behind the times. Our funding of childcare is totally inadequate. At this point it is no longer progressive to fund child care; it would be regressive to not fund it. It is neither liberal, nor conservative. It is a matter of social welfare that cannot be ignored. We may not have done enough for our young children, but by the time they turn 5-6, we reap the benefits.

I can see that there will be challenges to generating enough public funding to support children. But we have the best economy in the world to support it. The number one challenge is that our economy is a capitalist economy, which requires that ****ing idiots come to the same conclusion as everyone else. That conclusion is that education is an investment which will later yield returns in the private sector. I don't know how they will come to that conclusion, but I'm embarrassed that our country isn't smarter. I know that if we don't fund higher education, early childhood education, or both, that we will not improve.

It's one of two things, maybe both:

1) The government regulates daycares so heavily, that the daycares can't afford to operate.

2) The market can only support so many daycares.

Government subsidies aren't the answer.

You owe me.

Modern American society does exactly that and the Left is leading the charge.

If you can't afford child care, do not have children. I shouldn't have to pay for it.

Modern American society does exactly that and the Left is leading the charge.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that. I think my words in bold were taken out of context, because the left doesn't have any more claim to birthright than the right. I thought the left was more invested in social mobility. Do you think that privatizing the education system like we privatize childcare (pre K) will help communities that are too poor to afford to send many of their children to school?

What I'm hoping you could explain is, for example, how it can be both wrong to destroy a fetus and right to not educate a born child. How can it be right to fund K-12 but not pre K, or post secondary education? Is there some way that you can incorporate these levels of education into one system, or does the ideal system divide our children into socioeconomic classes at some point? Should we be telling 5 year old kids to man up? What about just 8 year old kids who are Hispanic, or Black?

If you can't afford child care, do not have children. I shouldn't have to pay for it.

Whoever has children shouldn't decide who pays for the children? Child protective services can pick up the pieces if the children aren't cared for by their parents. Then who foots the bill?

We publicly fund K-12 education. Would we be better off with a privatized system? I don't see the left doing that, for instance.

Back
Top Bottom