• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"New Right" Youtuber Paul Joseph Watson goes mask off

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Paul Joseph Watson is a large "conservative" YouTuber and political pundit. He has nearly 2 million YouTube subscribers and over a million Twitter followers. He has branded himself as part of the 'New Right'; a movement that is supposedly distinct from the Alt Right. While his videos and tweets have always taken a hard conservative line, he has been very careful to publicly maintain good optics and keep up a clean public image.
Watson applies a consistently negative focus on immigrants on YouTube and Twitter, particularly Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern Muslims. But he does not typically delve into the sort of vulgarisms and slurs that the tape showcases him using in private. He also has used the overtly antisemitic “echoes” meme, wherein a person puts triple parentheses around a name or word to single it out as being Jewish. But Watson often avoids blaming Jewish people directly for what he bemoans about liberalism, which puts him in contrast to neo-Nazi commentary on the Daily Stormer. (Source)

Until now, he has used his relatively good behavior (compared to Nazis anyway) to deflect accusations that he is a Nazi and pushes a far alt-right politics.
Watson attached to that post a statement in which he implies that he is part of the “New Right.” He suggests that this category of personality represents something definitively different from the white supremacist alt-right movement. (Source)

However, a leaked audio clip of him has put a massive hole in the idea that he is just a regular conservative.
Watson uses a string of racist and homophobic epithets and claims that he is sick of “media f****t activists” sticking signs “up in my face trying to get me to join the gay f****t Palestinian cause. I don’t give a shit about Israel and Palestine. I care about white people. Not sand n****r Jew P**i f****t c**ns”. (Source)
"...Watson “has long been a high-profile figure in the global far-right and has a long history of spreading racist and Islamophobic conspiracy theories” but that “he has always been careful to try and stay within platform moderation policies to avoid being de-platformed and to protect his income”.

“That he would engage in such vile racism in private comes as no surprise but does serve as a reminder that many of those who push anti-migrant and anti-immigration politics are sometimes motivated by more extreme racism,” he added."
(Source)

No matter how hard they try to hide it, the fascists always reveal themselves in the end. I think it is important to be able to identify these kinds of people and not let them hide behind the implications of the ideas they espouse. He was able to get away with being "a new kind of conservative" for too long.

I again invite people to read the Daily Stormer's internet posting style guide from beginning to end. It is at the bottom of this link.

I promise you that you will think of multiple DP posters when you read this advice. Not all of it, but some of it is followed to the letter; especially the is he or isn't he saying that thing.

Extra credit: "very fine people on both sides"

Paul Joseph Watson is a large "conservative" YouTuber and political pundit. He has nearly 2 million YouTube subscribers and over a million Twitter followers. He has branded himself as part of the 'New Right'; a movement that is supposedly distinct from the Alt Right. While his videos and tweets have always taken a hard conservative line, he has been very careful to publicly maintain good optics and keep up a clean public image.

Until now, he has used his relatively good behavior (compared to Nazis anyway) to deflect accusations that he is a Nazi and pushes a far alt-right politics.

However, a leaked audio clip of him has put a massive hole in the idea that he is just a regular conservative.

"...Watson “has long been a high-profile figure in the global far-right and has a long history of spreading racist and Islamophobic conspiracy theories” but that “he has always been careful to try and stay within platform moderation policies to avoid being de-platformed and to protect his income”.

“That he would engage in such vile racism in private comes as no surprise but does serve as a reminder that many of those who push anti-migrant and anti-immigration politics are sometimes motivated by more extreme racism,” he added."
(Source)

No matter how hard they try to hide it, the fascists always reveal themselves in the end. I think it is important to be able to identify these kinds of people and not let them hide behind the implications of the ideas they espouse. He was able to get away with being "a new kind of conservative" for too long.

The whole point of these channels is to radicalise people so they try to appear reasonable. They never are.

(Source)

And behind curtain three we have....yup, a typical radical republican full of hatred.

Oh, they hide that nasty shit well. They're dark, ignorant, illogical and seem to have the insane thought that white-folks evolved better...for some stupid ass reason.
In short, they are "Society Wreckers".
And Cultural Revolutionaries

(Source)

Can't wait for Elon to reinstate this guy.

(Source)

Why would anyone ever have a problem with him..................... until they read his uncensored words?

(Source)

InfoWars alumni, Watson’s “cover” was blown long ago.

(Source)

Doesn't matter how much they fake not being racist assholes, all right wingers are. Or they are perfectly OK with racism. The eventually always get outed for the hateful, bigoted, selfish, shitty, heartless people that they are. Oh, they are nice to them and thier kind while shitting on everybody else (and that does not make them good people).

You see it here with some particular posters who defend vile shit while pretending they are not vile. They are cowards who try to pretend they aren't shitty people, can't even own they stand for deplorable stuff

I again invite people to read the Daily Stormer's internet posting style guide from beginning to end. It is at the bottom of this link.

I promise you that you will think of multiple DP posters when you read this advice. Not all of it, but some of it is followed to the letter; especially the is he or isn't he saying that thing.

Extra credit: "very fine people on both sides"
I read it.
This screams the proverb "If someone tells you who and what they are, believe it." Damn. I realize this sounds silly, but One, I feel like I've seen the darkest of humanity
and Two, I want to wash away the thoughts I just read. Anyway, Thanks! I needed to read it and It's a learning experience for me.

I read it.
This screams the proverb "If someone tells you who and what they are, believe it." Damn. I realize this sounds silly, but One, I feel like I've seen the darkest of humanity
and Two, I want to wash away the thoughts I just read. Anyway, Thanks! I needed to read it and It's a learning experience for me.

We must witness evil in its time of being if we are to fight it.

(Source)

Well giving this is a Youtuber, I'm curious if he was aiming for satire; either way I think he'll fade into irrelevance just like most of these political grifters will.

(Source)

It's a republican thing. They're all like that.

This is new?

I realized his true colors years ago after watching several videos back then on YouTube.

I put him on YouTubes version of "ignore" back then and didn't even realize he was still a thing today.

Back
Top Bottom