• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Reuters poll: Trump back in striking distance

JoeTrumps

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Last edited:
Hillary is an incredibly weak candidate. She is helpless against Trump. You cannot beat something (the raw populist charisma, in this case) with nothing. Fortunately, he seems to be incapable of controlling his psycho impulses, and in all probability will self-destruct, even in the face of such pathetic adversary.

I have zero faith in the polsters in this matter, I intend to ignore them all till the election.

SIGNED:
HAWkEYE10
:gunsmilie

Hillary is an incredibly weak candidate. She is helpless against Trump. You cannot beat something (the raw populist charisma, in this case) with nothing. Fortunately, he seems to be incapable of controlling his psycho impulses, and in all probability will self-destruct, even in the face of such pathetic adversary.

We can not have dynasties, I do not want another Clinton in the WH. Regardless of her faults, Hillary may not be as bad as that fellow Trump who definitely will be bad news for America.
Bad to worse, huh?

The wishful October surprise: Trump will drop out of the race to save his face; Wikileaks will release allegedly more emails. What can the DNC do to prevent such hacks?
Keep in mind the contents of hacked info can always be altered.

The DNC was her last chance to shake Trump lose. If he gets any bounce after the debates she is in big trouble.

That's just one poll!

Check 'em all out: RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest 2016 Presidential General Election Polls

The only polls that really matter are the ones where Trump will get his butt handed to him in November.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch,running out of time,GOP.

Last edited:
From your own link, Baghdad Bob :mrgreen::

"An average of polls aggregated by Real Clear Politics showed Clinton ahead of Trump by 6.8 percentage points on Friday, up from 3.9 on Aug. 1."

Maybe if the Trumpeteers cross their fingers and wish upon a star....

I have been watching the polls and have formed some thoughts.
1. Polls don't mean much right now.
2. The more Hillary talks the worse her poll numbers get.
3. The more Trump talks the worse his poll numbers get.
4. The public has a very short memory and long on emotion.
5. The public's opinions are more volatile and fickle than the stock market.

Exactly. Here is what might just happen: It comes down to the wire and Clinton looks like she has it locked but one hell of a lot of people don't want to vote for her. From what I hear and what I read people would grudgingly vote for Clinton just to keep Trump out of office. It's not like people want either one of those rotten choices in the White House. So if it looks as if Clinton is in, I think a lot of people will stay home and not vote. They don't want to vote for her anyway and if she looks as if she's going to win, why vote for her? I think in that situation people won't vote. As a result Trump could win it.

Exactly. Here is what might just happen: It comes down to the wire and Clinton looks like she has it locked but one hell of a lot of people don't want to vote for her. From what I hear and what I read people would grudgingly vote for Clinton just to keep Trump out of office. It's not like people want either one of those rotten choices in the White House. So if it looks as if Clinton is in, I think a lot of people will stay home and not vote. They don't want to vote for her anyway and if she looks as if she's going to win, why vote for her? I think in that situation people won't vote. As a result Trump could win it.

I totally agree with everything you said. There is also the possibility of the pre-election surprises. Clinton and Trump change places. Every week it changes from Clinton's election to lose to Trump's election to lose and then back to Clinton's election to lose. I can't figure who wants to lose the most. Maybe it just comes down to the party that is the most pissed off.

Last edited:

I went upstairs and got some ice cream. I was thinking about your post. I think we pick our candidates like the IOC picks places to hold the Olympics.

I genuinely think that close to the election, most of the remaining undecideds will come down on Hillary's side. I even think some Republicans will switch to Hillary when they're in the polling booth and reality hits that this is more than just entertainment.

I expect Hillary to win by a big margin - at least 10%.

Doesn't matter. Election is gonna be rigged, remember.

Regardless of her faults, Hillary may not be as bad as that fellow Trump who definitely will be bad news for America.

Hillary Clinton set up her server the way she did, with the sole intention of avoiding Congressional Oversight. The President can pick his Cabinet, but Congress has Oversight. By avoiding Congress, she avoided being held accountable to the people. A person like that is far more dangerous than someone who occasionaly makes an ass of himself.
A person like that can not be trusted with power. Period.

We can not have dynasties, I do not want another Clinton in the WH. Regardless of her faults, Hillary may not be as bad as that fellow Trump who definitely will be bad news for America.
Bad to worse, huh?.

It's kind of like the Schroedinger cat situation: You cannot really say which is worse, until you elect him or her. Whoever we will elect will be worse....

Nationwide polls don't mean anything in Presidential politics. Al Gore won the nationwide popular vote, but lost the election because of the electoral system.

Re: Reuters poll: Trump back in striking distance

and wait untill Hillary has a couple of more seizures

The best we can hope for regardless of which one is elected: The new POTUS will suffer a health problem so severe that the VP will take over.

Nationwide polls don't mean anything in Presidential politics. Al Gore won the nationwide popular vote, but lost the election because of the electoral system.

actually Al Gore's so called popular vote lead was within the margin of error, add the overseas military votes instead of just Florida and that lead is 0.

Re: Reuters poll: Trump back in striking distance

The best we can hope for regardless of which one is elected: The new POTUS will suffer a health problem so severe that the VP will take over.

No, Trump will be a successful President like he has been at everything else. There is nothing but garbage in the Dem side including and especially Obama.

Back
Top Bottom