• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Reuters poll: Trump back in striking distance

Re: Reuters poll: Trump back in striking distance

its the whole status quo...and what is that?? that is the current system that brings them their money....it is they work THEIR agenda and now we see its as crooked as heck all over

the polls make their money from this rigged system .... they make their money from surprise polls more so than non surprise... liberalism has brought this current big system of having the media and entertainment industry brainwashing the voters

YOU SAW that the DNC was pretending to be independent same as the polls also pretending to be independent..

see the cat is out of the bag

Anyone want to translate this?

Re: Reuters poll: Trump back in striking distance

Anyone want to translate this?

this election has proved independents are NOT independent.... like the DNC and news media...

Where did you get the idea that independents are independent? You must be new to the political observation. Independents are merely unaffiliated. Most have political proclivities.

The myth of the independent voter
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-republicans-but-theyre-not-very-independent/

then they are just lying when they say they are independent....if they lean more on one party then they simply are lying

yep we now know elections and media are totally rigged and crooked

then they are just lying when they say they are independent....if they lean more on one party then they simply are lying

yep we now know elections and media are totally rigged and crooked

No, being independent means they have no party affiliation. It only means they don't BELONG (as in members of) to a group. That is all it means. Its not some type conspiracy. The world is not black and white. In fact, very few things in this world can be defined as black or white. If you can not deal with the shades of gray of this world, its going be challenge for you.

Substantially all of our electorate is reasonably entrenched in a political philosophy. Anyone that gets put up by the Dems or the Reps pretty much starts with 45% of the vote. The whole election is arguing over the other 10%, most of which are independents (but some of whom are Dems and Reps). Any Dem or Rep polling under 45% is in deep doo-doo as they polling LESS than they amount they are given just by being nominated by the Dems or Reps.

Anyone falling below that number is actually failing as they are turning the base

Holy crap.
Can this fraud actually become president?

No... the path for any Republican to the White House is very narrow. They must win all of: Ohio, Florida, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina and Colorado to win the White House.... Trump is losing by double digits in Virginia and Colorado and losing in all of the must win states. He is so far out of this race at this point you can almost declare a winner now.

No, being independent means they have no party affiliation. It only means they don't BELONG (as in members of) to a group. That is all it means. Its not some type conspiracy. The world is not black and white. In fact, very few things in this world can be defined as black or white. If you can not deal with the shades of gray of this world, its going be challenge for you.

Substantially all of our electorate is reasonably entrenched in a political philosophy. Anyone that gets put up by the Dems or the Reps pretty much starts with 45% of the vote. The whole election is arguing over the other 10%, most of which are independents (but some of whom are Dems and Reps). Any Dem or Rep polling under 45% is in deep doo-doo as they polling LESS than they amount they are given just by being nominated by the Dems or Reps.

Anyone falling below that number is actually failing as they are turning the base

just because they call themselves independent does not mean they ARE independent... if they LEAN more one way then they are NOT INDEPENDENT

No... the path for any Republican to the White House is very narrow. They must win all of: Ohio, Florida, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina and Colorado to win the White House.... Trump is losing by double digits in Virginia and Colorado and losing in all of the must win states. He is so far out of this race at this point you can almost declare a winner now.

Excellent!
So, the poll is also a fraud then.

just because they call themselves independent does not mean they ARE independent... if they LEAN more one way then they are NOT INDEPENDENT

I am not certain why this so difficult for your grasp.... people that call themselves independent do so because they are not members of a registered party. It means nothing else. Why do you insist on applying your definitions?

No where its it implied that such people (those that have no party affiliation) can not be conservative or liberal or libertarian in their political philosophy and thus would have proclivities to vote certain ways.

Excellent!
So, the poll is also a fraud then.

What poll is a fraud? The Reuters Poll that is the subject of the OP. I was not suggesting it was a fraud, but its a national poll. The election is a state by state election. While I am a big believer that current polls don't mean too much, there are some things going on that spell doom to the Trump campaign... including by how poorly he is doing in the polls. He should have 40-45% nationally and in the battleground states... if he has less, he has turned off his base, which is what has happened.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/
GOP insiders: Trump can't win - POLITICO

Trump has no organization, little support from the GOP, 51% of the people that say he will not vote for him; no control over his own mouth... he has no chance.

Last edited:
So how Can you tell if your candidate is doing well?

If pollsters where honest with their polls, that would be how. But they are not, so you can't.

Unfortunately, too many people base their decision on polls and the pollsters know this. So they manipulate the polls in order to influence the vote.

I suggest you just make your decision who to vote for...cast your vote...and see what happens.

I am not certain why this so difficult for your grasp.... people that call themselves independent do so because they are not members of a registered party. It means nothing else. Why do you insist on applying your definitions?

No where its it implied that such people (those that have no party affiliation) can not be conservative or liberal or libertarian in their political philosophy and thus would have proclivities to vote certain ways.

yep dont know why you cannot understand this simple thing

an independent means what?? it means independent and does not go with one view than another

if he leans to one party view then he is NOT independent... this is not hard to understand

an independent IS an INDEPENDENT !!... buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz RAT-TRAPPED !!

yep dont know why you cannot understand this simple thing

an independent means what?? it means independent and does not go with one view than another

if he leans to one party view then he is NOT independent... this is not hard to understand

an independent IS an INDEPENDENT !!... buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz RAT-TRAPPED !!

I'm not sure why I am wasting my time arguing with the voices in your head. Understanding this is pretty basic to understanding of politics of the US. Perhaps you could stand doing a little study of these things before posting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin.../gIQAZmGyWU_story.html?utm_term=.80368593bb01
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_voter
https://www.thenation.com/article/what-everyone-gets-wrong-about-independent-voters/

I'm not sure why I am wasting my time arguing with the voices in your head. Understanding this is pretty basic to understanding of politics of the US. Perhaps you could stand doing a little study of these things before posting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin.../gIQAZmGyWU_story.html?utm_term=.80368593bb01
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_voter

https://www.thenation.com/article/what-everyone-gets-wrong-about-independent-voters/

can you NOT understand that independent MEANS INDEPENDENT?? not hard to understand

If pollsters where honest with their polls, that would be how. But they are not, so you can't.

Unfortunately, too many people base their decision on polls and the pollsters know this. So they manipulate the polls in order to influence the vote.

I suggest you just make your decision who to vote for...cast your vote...and see what happens.

Here we go with the "the polls are all skewed" line again...as if Fox News and HuffPost polling would both decide on their own to show Trump losing.

Wait! Here's a Really Great Idea! How about we think that maybe, just maybe most of the pollsters are NOT trying to manipulate the polls, that they're actually trying to do what the tell us they're doing!

But no, I guess those on the Right would only consider that if the pollsters were saying that Trump was several points ahead of Hillary....

Here we go with the "the polls are all skewed" line again...as if Fox News and HuffPost polling would both decide on their own to show Trump losing.

Wait! Here's a Really Great Idea! How about we think that maybe, just maybe most of the pollsters are NOT trying to manipulate the polls, that they're actually trying to do what the tell us they're doing!

But no, I guess those on the Right would only consider that if the pollsters were saying that Trump was several points ahead of Hillary....

hasn't people LEARNED something yet... about always FOLLOW THE MONEY... find out how the media makes its money and you will see how corrupt the whole system is..

Back
Top Bottom