• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New report on whistle blower complaint

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Whistleblower Filed Complaint Over Multiple Trump Actions: Report | HuffPost
Apparently there were more than one incident and promise made by our President to a foreign leader. This becomes more interesting, but does two or three promises make it better or worse or does it make no difference. I guess for Trumpsters no matter what he promised or how often makes no difference in their backing of this president. I wonder what promises he made and if what the promises made concerned would ever make those who support him turn their back on him.

People have figured out that a Trump promise is reliable as nailing JELLO to a wall.

People have figured out that a Trump promise is reliable as nailing JELLO to a wall.

You are wrong, jello is way too firm, more like nailing water to the wall.

Apparently there were more than one incident and promise made by our President to a foreign leader. This becomes more interesting, but does two or three promises make it better or worse or does it make no difference. I guess for Trumpsters no matter what he promised or how often makes no difference in their backing of this president. I wonder what promises he made and if what the promises made concerned would ever make those who support him turn their back on him.

well I sure as hell am not going to stop backing him based on an unfounded rumor and classified info we do not know what it is just yet. ESPECIALLY not after the last 2 years of DEM nothingburger.

Why is a president promising a foreign leader something a reason for a whistleblower to get involved? What makes doing that something the IC needs to get involved in?

Why is a president promising a foreign leader something a reason for a whistleblower to get involved? What makes doing that something the IC needs to get involved in?

This could be treason because he has allegiances to another country that are likely not in line with the Constitution.

DO you not think it is what he promised and why he did so is important. Let us say he promises classified info that they want to the Russians for help in getting re-elected or even for more financial help. Or even just promising to go to war for the Saudi's for considerations. Whatever it is it must be important as otherwise why would the of the IG be doing as he is for nothing.

This could be treason because he has allegiances to another country that are likely not in line with the Constitution.

Yeah. He probably promised to give Kim Jong Un a smoking deal on licensing for the new "Trump Tower Pyongyang" or something, right?

DO you not think it is waht he promised and why he did so. Let us say he promises classified info that they want to the Russians for help in getting re-elected or even for more financial help. Or even just promising to go to war for the Saudi's for considerations. Whatever it is it must be important as otherwise why would the of the IG be doing as he is for nothing.

Well, he can promise to go to war all he wants but Congress is the branch that makes war declarations so it isn't much of a promise. Then again, Trump has been rather doveish so going to war doesn't sound reasonable. Maybe he promised to hire some hookers to pee on Clinton's bed!

Yeah. He probably promised to give Kim Jong Un a smoking deal on licensing for the new "Trump Tower Pyongyang" or something, right?

We don't yet know who the foreign leader is or what was promised. If it is Putin, as I would expect, that there would be major problems.

well I sure as hell am not going to stop backing him based on an unfounded rumor and classified info we do not know what it is just yet. ESPECIALLY not after the last 2 years of DEM nothingburger.
If you haven’t stopped backing Trump by now nothing will change your mind because you’re too far gone.

That's a good question. It seems the IG who reviewed the complaint thought it was serious enough to bring it to Congress.

Maybe he promised Putin that he would stop the investigations into Russian hacking. Who knows? The Congressional Intelligence Committee should review the complaint. Why does Trump have so much to hide?

Maybe before you start blaming people you might want to actually know what the allegations concern. Just a thought?
Sounds like a lot of fluff just to accuse someone.

That's a good question. It seems the IG who reviewed the complaint thought it was serious enough to bring it to Congress.

Maybe he promised Putin that he would stop the investigations into Russian hacking. Who knows? The Congressional Intelligence Committee should review the complaint. Why does Trump have so much to hide?

The IG seems to be a nominated position, so they might be protecting Trump pout of a feeling on loyalty, We already know that Bob Barr would rather act as Trump's lawyer than as a non-partisan AG.

Maybe before you start blaming people you might want to actually know what the allegations concern. Just a thought?

But Trump doesn't want Congress to even hear the allegations that a Trump appointee IG has already reviewed and considered credible and SERIOUS.

But it's OK with you that Trump prevents anyone from knowing what the allegation was. I guess that's how Trump is cleaning up the swamp.

This is simply more evidence that Trump is engaged in an ongoing program of obstruction and is basically publicly crapping upon our system of government.

Then bring the information to Congress and hold a public hearing.

You have it twisted. The question is what did Trump (if it’s even Trump they’re talking about) promise a foreign leader, in the presence of someone who works in the intelligence community that caused that witness to file a complaint with the intel community’s IG? A report that was investigated and apparently validated, and passed onto the acting DNI, who is responsible to pass the information onto the Intel Committee?

Whatever Trump (or someone else) said/did had to have been pretty serious.

I'll give you guys this much, it's VERY unusual for this much speculation about an IG referral to be based on nothing at all. Odds are there was something significant that happened. The IG pretty much never refers baseless claims to anyone so it DOES seem that something serious happened.

The speculation about Trump making someone a promise doesn't sound reasonable or, at least, doesn't sound like it's the whole story. If that were the whole basis for the referral it wouldn't be something the IG really could refer since it would be a foreign policy matter and, therefore, fully within the purview of the WH.

If Trump did disclose some kind of classified information I don't know if even that is really reviewable. As far as I know the president can discuss pretty much whatever he wants to.

If Trump promised something of value, such as a Trump Tower Pyongyang, then that isn't really an intelligence issue and, again, wouldn't really be something the ICIG would be involved with.

If I had to guess it would be that Trump was offered some kind of information but was asked to keep it quiet and promised to do so. That could be the kind of promise that might involve the IC. It would certainly also fall under the "privilege" category.

Bottom line is that for now it's ALL speculation and we really have no choice other than waiting to see how it all plays out. I have no doubt but that we'll find out what the deal is in the reasonably near future.

The IG seems to be a nominated position, so they might be protecting Trump pout of a feeling on loyalty, We already know that Bob Barr would rather act as Trump's lawyer than as a non-partisan AG.

It's not IG that's protecting Trump. The IG was appointed by Trump and the IG reviewed the claim and believes the claim is both credible and serious. it's the Director of National Intelligence that is blocking Congress from know more.

Come on. Tell the truth and shame the devil. You wouldn’t stop backing him if it was found out to be 100% true. You’d just find a way to excuse it.

Then bring the information to Congress and hold a public hearing.

Yes. lets take every conversation, telephone call, email, discussion, complaint, argument, accusation and put in Congress every day right up until the election.

That way they can't have an excuse for not doing anything since they have been there. Yeah, thats the ticket.

Hold a public hearing on what? You don't even know what its about and you're ready to run it up to Congress? Liberals just make no sense at all.

The reason he has stuff to hide is because the damned media and the "resistance" is willing to use anything they can find, misrepresent or make up out of whole cloth to cut his knees out from under him. The guy can hardly fart without it becoming a CNN headline or Maddow conspiracy theory.

Yes. lets take every conversation, telephone call, email, discussion, complaint, argument, accusation and put in Congress every day right up until the election.

That way they can't have an excuse for not doing anything since they have been there. Yeah, thats the ticket.

Hold a public hearing on what? You don't even know what its about and you're ready to run it up to Congress? Liberals just make no sense at all.

Nixon tried to hide behind executive privilege too. It's the last refuge of a crooked president.

Back
Top Bottom