• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New poll suggests Brown more popular than Obama, Kerry

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
(CNN) - A new poll suggests that Republican Sen. Scott Brown is more popular in Massachusetts than two Democrats - Sen. John Kerry, the state's senior senator, and President Barack Obama.

A Boston Globe survey released Monday indicates that 55 percent of Bay Staters have a favorable opinion of Brown, with 18 percent saying they hold an unfavorable view of their new senator, 13 percent saying they have a neutral view and 14 percent unsure.

I said several months ago that Scott Brown might be a viable presidential contender for the GOP. Evidence is piling up that I am absolutely correct. Far from being an extremist, Brown is a thoughtful man, who picks his fights carefully, makes compromises when he needs to, and forges consensus between Republicans and Demcorats. This is what we need in a candidate.

As long as the GOP doesn't take the crazy train and nominate Palin, but picks the pragmatic Brown instead, they have an excellent chance to unseat Obama in 2012. They might even pull off the impossible, and win Massachusetts in the process too.

Article is here.

Honestly, this sort of thing scares me. If MA has a positive approval of a Republican than either 1) The citizens of MA have embraced conservative principals, or 2) The Republican is a RINO and doesn't stand with conservative principals.

If Brown were to run again, then that means another defeat to conservatives who are tired of RINOs in public office. Conservatives will vote for Brown because he will be the lesser of two evils. I think he could probably win, but his win would still be a defeat for conservative values.

I said several months ago that Scott Brown might be a viable presidential contender for the GOP. Evidence is piling up that I am absolutely correct. Far from being an extremist, Brown is a thoughtful man, who picks his fights carefully, makes compromises when he needs to, and forges consensus between Republicans and Demcorats. This is what we need in a candidate.

As long as the GOP doesn't take the crazy train and nominate Palin, but picks the pragmatic Brown instead, they have an excellent chance to unseat Obama in 2012. They might even pull off the impossible, and win Massachusetts in the process too.

Article is here.
HJAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

The poll was in MA. a LIBERAL state. Why do people keep thinking that a RINO is what the GOP needs? You have those, their called Democrats, go vote for them.

HJAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

The poll was in MA. a LIBERAL state. Why do people keep thinking that a RINO is what the GOP needs? You have those, their called Democrats, go vote for them.

What the Republican party needs is someone who is pragmatic, rather than an ideologue who can't win the independents. IMHO, it would be better to run Brown and end up with a Republican in the White House than to run Palin and end up with nada.

Last edited:
I would highly consider voting for Brown over Obama/3rd party. I feel he is fairly moderate and I agree with many of his principals. He is very willing to make compromises and I believe he could be a great communicator(with the people and congressmen).

What the Republican party needs is someone who is pragmatic, rather than an ideologue who can't win the independents. IMHO, it would be better to run Brown and end up with a Republican in the White House than to run Palin and end up with nada.

You assume that Palin A: would get the nod, and B: lose.

That's neither here nor there, you have the notion that if a Politician is a strong Conservative, that person is an idealogue whom runs off independants like yourself. Ronald Reagan, 49-1, 84. People like you, got us McCain, Dole, and yes, even W. We need a real Conservative Leader, not a wishy washy "pragmatic" with no real principles.

This is a perfect time to present this possibility.

I think that because anyone who calls themself a republican and is not in lock-step with the radical right are often referred to as "RINO" by the self-proclaimed definers of conservatism, is just ONE reason the GOP is split into a tower of babel.

This brand of conservatism has been resoundly rejected by mainstream America. They ONLY chance the GOP has is to disown these type of people and get back towards the middle. Otherwise, turn out the lights. The party's over.

It's not an option if they intend on surviving.

This is a perfect time to present this possibility.

I think that because anyone who calls themself a republican and is not in lock-step with the radical right are often referred to as "RINO" by the self-proclaimed definers of conservatism, is just ONE reason the GOP is split into a tower of babel.

This brand of conservatism has been resoundly rejected by mainstream America. They ONLY chance the GOP has is to disown these type of people and get back towards the middle. Otherwise, turn out the lights. The party's over.

It's not an option if they intend on surviving.

Yeah, whatever. Independents that want socially liberal, culturally liberal and fiscally constrained politicians want moderate weak, spineless Republican Moderates... and then vote for the Democrat anyway.

Not REMOTELY interested in what you think the GOP should do.

Last edited:
More popular then Kerry?

Is that suppose to be news?

Half of the adult actresses on the planet are more popular then Kerry. Kerry's a flaming douchebag.

More popular then Kerry?

Is that suppose to be news?

Half of the adult actresses on the planet are more popular then Kerry. Kerry's a flaming douchebag.

I guess it's not impossible to agree with you, after all.

I guess it's not impossible to agree with you, after all.

I know, I felt... almost like I was committing a sin hitting the "Thanks" button, but it had to be done.

I know, I felt... almost like I was committing a sin hitting the "Thanks" button, but it had to be done.

The fact that Democrats nominated him as an opponent to an equally if not more douchebagish candidate is appalling. I still can't get over the fact that normally reasonable people on WS actually thought he was a good choice.

I'm not convinced that the GOP would side with someone who is pragmatic and dare I say moderate leaning. Their party would have to reconfigure in order to accept such a man with the way things are. The radicals shout too loudly right now.

I'm not convinced that the GOP would side with someone who is pragmatic and dare I say moderate leaning. Their party would have to reconfigure in order to accept such a man with the way things are. The radicals shout too loudly right now.

You would consider Sen. McCain a radical?

Anyone that doesn't side with the Democrats "most of the time" is a right wing radical.

Haha I was wondering when you'd show up.

I don't like the Democrats either so what are you going to say now?

Haha I was wondering when you'd show up.

I don't like the Democrats either so what are you going to say now?
You might not like them, only because they are too far right for your tastes, but you side with them, btw I'm still awaiting your response in that "Cities finding boycott"
thread. You did rather run away from that thread with your tail tucked between your legs.

You might not like them, only because they are too far right for your tastes, but you side with them, btw I'm still awaiting your response in that "Cities finding boycott"
thread. You did rather run away from that thread with your tail tucked between your legs.

Shoo troll.

Back
Top Bottom