• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New poll shows that Republicans are totally screwed with latino voters

disneydude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
New Poll Shows That Republicans Are Totally Screwed With Latino Voters - Yahoo! Finance

They don't need better candidates....they need better policies.

Why does the GOP think that they can put up a candidate with a latin name (Rubio) or one that can speak Spanish (Jeb Bush) and think that Latinos will vote for them.

Maybe Latinos won't vote Republican because they recognize that Republicans have no respect for them, think they are stupid.....oh and because most Latino's disapprove of the GOP platform.

New Poll Shows That Republicans Are Totally Screwed With Latino Voters - Yahoo! Finance

Why does the GOP think that they can put up a candidate with a latin name (Rubio) or one that can speak Spanish (Jeb Bush) and think that Latinos will vote for them.

Maybe Latinos won't vote Republican because they recognize that Republicans have no respect for them, think they are stupid.....oh and because most Latino's disapprove of the GOP platform.

And that's a problem because?

And that's a problem because?

Oh...I don't know.....maybe something to do with the fast growing voting block in the country and and important voting block in many of the swing states. But hey....if you don't think it is a problem for the GOP....good fer ya!

I have a real agenda-free question. I'm asking respectfully and I'd appreciate any reply be the same.

I don't understand why the GOP is accused of being anti-Latino. It more seems they are anti-illegal immigrant. Sure, a majority of our illegal immigrants happen to be Latino. But why would this be such an issue for the legal immigrants (the voters that is). If so, why?

Trying to summarize my question - do Latinos feel the GOP is against them because of their stance on amnesty for illegal immigrants or is there something else "anti-Latino" about the GOP?

Thanks.

It seems that the proposed cure, allowing many more (8 million?) new Latino voters to get on the receiving end of social safety net programs, is worse than the disease. Why would the republicants be better off by adding to a voting block that favors the demorats?

Oh...I don't know.....maybe something to do with the fast growing voting block in the country and and important voting block in many of the swing states. But hey....if you don't think it is a problem for the GOP....good fer ya!

Well, I'm thinking that after they discover they have been nothing but pandered to, in the long run, things will be different.

It's going to be difficult to keep making promises that are broken and expect good results.

But hey, ride that wave as long as you can, the shore break is bound to hurt in the end.

I dont think they are falling for a lie or are being pandered to. Can you please give specific examples? IS this another one of those things only you guys know?
Well, I'm thinking that after they discover they have been nothing but pandered to, in the long run, things will be different.

It's going to be difficult to keep making promises that are broken and expect good results.

But hey, ride that wave as long as you can, the shore break is bound to hurt in the end.

I see my other question remains unanswered so I'll ask you something different.

What portions of the GOP platform do most Latinos find objectionable?

Call me old fashioned, but why is it that liberals have no problem prostituting themselves before every identifiable minority special interest and don't feel the slightest bit dirty selling themselves to the highest/lowest bidder?

If Republicans, in the short term, lose the latino vote because they refused to allow the US to be overtaken by invading masses to the south, so be it. Sometimes doing the right thing is far more important than doing the expedient thing.

It's ultimately their problem if they want to be victims and part of the identity politics game. Blacks have really benefited greatly from the Democrats too. Oh well.

I see my other question remains unanswered so I'll ask you something different.What portions of the GOP platform do most Latinos find objectionable?
I can't speak for most Latinos....but if I had to venture a guess I would say it probably has to do a lot with the pro-corporate - anti-middle class/working class policies of the GOP.

I dont think they are falling for a lie or are being pandered to. Can you please give specific examples? IS this another one of those things only you guys know?

Of course they are being pandered to.

Please explain how the latino community was improved after the 1986 Amnesty. Please explain how their standard of living was improved.

Please explain how education improved, or any myriad of measures that have been presented as being the benefit of amnesty this time around.

What is going to change for Latino's this time? What are they going to get now, that they haven't got already?

By some admitted estimates, there are 17 million illegal aliens living in the U.S. What changes for them?

The reason they support the left is because of the promises made. How are those promises going to be kept?

It aint if you dont care about losing elections.

For those of us who actually rise above "low information", please tell me what percentage of the voting public are "hispanic".

I won't even bother with the low information folks who blather liberal "talking points" about "non democrat" platforms.

Examples?

Please explain how the latino community was improved after the 1986 Amnesty. Please explain how their standard of living was improved.

Please explain how education improved, or any myriad of measures that have been presented as being the benefit of amnesty this time around.

What is going to change for Latino's this time? What are they going to get now, that they haven't got already?

By some admitted estimates, there are 17 million illegal aliens living in the U.S. What changes for them?

The reason they support the left is because of the promises made. How are those promises going to be kept?

You made the statement. You site the examples.

Answer my questions? Really. :lamo

Answer my questions.

Call me old fashioned, but why is it that liberals have no problem prostituting themselves before every identifiable minority special interest and don't feel the slightest bit dirty selling themselves to the highest/lowest bidder?

If Republicans, in the short term, lose the latino vote because they refused to allow the US to be overtaken by invading masses to the south, so be it. Sometimes doing the right thing is far more important than doing the expedient thing.

Why don't you ask Harper and the Conservative Party.

Oh, a wild guess would be about 15-20%. Since you are such a high information guy, what percentage did Romney lose by?
For those of us who actually rise above "low information", please tell me what percentage of the voting public are "hispanic".

I won't even bother with the low information folks who blather liberal "talking points" about "non democrat" platforms.

I have a real agenda-free question. I'm asking respectfully and I'd appreciate any reply be the same.

I don't understand why the GOP is accused of being anti-Latino. It more seems they are anti-illegal immigrant. Sure, a majority of our illegal immigrants happen to be Latino. But why would this be such an issue for the legal immigrants (the voters that is). If so, why?

Trying to summarize my question - do Latinos feel the GOP is against them because of their stance on amnesty for illegal immigrants or is there something else "anti-Latino" about the GOP?

Thanks.

What I see is the "Latino community" demonstrating that their loyalties are with illegal Latino immigrants instead of with this country that they live in and should give a damn about. My father was a Cuban immigrant and my wife is an Irish immigrant and we've spent a lot of money jumping through the right hoops and paying all the "filing fees" for her to be here legally. I see no reason why we should be mollycoddling illegal immigrants in this country and I think it's a damned shame that the "Latino Community" has such an utter contempt for our laws. It's not all of them, but as the OP appropriately points out, it's a stereotype that fits the majority.

Why don't you ask Harper and the Conservative Party.

They're doing quite well, thanks for asking - but I'm sure you already knew that - and their crackdown on bogus refugee claimants and the years long process is very popular with the majority of Canadians - the immigration lawyers and some of those who benefitted from the loose system aren't too happy, but then often when you do the right thing, those scamming the system squeal the loudest.

How about the corporations that employee them illegally? Seems to me like they are the ones who have the utter contempt for the law.They dont come here to see their buddies, they come here to work.
What I see is the "Latino community" demonstrating that their loyalties are with illegal Latino immigrants instead of with this country that they live in and should give a damn about. My father was a Cuban immigrant and my wife is an Irish immigrant and we've spent a lot of money jumping through the right hoops and paying all the "filing fees" for her to be here legally. I see no reason why we should be mollycoddling illegal immigrants in this country and I think it's a damned shame that the "Latino Community" has such an utter contempt for our laws. It's not all of them, but as the OP appropriately points out, it's a stereotype that fits the majority.

Hispanics are only 10% of thevote. 10%. Even if 70% of them would have voted for Romney in the last election he would have lost because he did not reach out to the Conservative base. Whites stayed home.

Reaching out to the Conservative base and rejecting open borders and amnesty is the only way the Republicans will survive.

We already tried reaching out to Hispanics with McCain and Reagan and we all know how that worked out.

How about the corporations that employee them illegally? Seems to me like they are the ones who have the utter contempt for the law.They dont come here to see their buddies, they come here to work.

The contempt shown by any corporations that hire illegal immigrants doesn't negate the contempt for our laws shown by the Latino community by way of voting against anyone who they think might enforce immigration laws. Those that hire them are wrong and those that are against our immigration laws being enforced are wrong and those that encourage more illegal immigration are wrong..... they're all on the wrong side.

Back
Top Bottom