• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Poll Shows Pelosi's Approval Rating, not Trump's Plummeted the Most During Shutdown

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Hmm...an NBC POLL, at that.

With a grain of salt, as will all polls, of course..but….

New Poll Shows Pelosi's Approval Rating, not Trump's Plummeted the Most During Shutdown

A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows that Speaker Nancy Pelosi not President Donald Trump plummeted most in popularity during the 35-day government shutdown.

The new poll shows the Speaker of the House experienced a 6-point drop in her approval rating. Only 28 percent of Americans rated Pelosi as favorable, while 47 percent rated her as unfavorable — a stunning 19 percent “upside down” unfavorable figure.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaig...elosis-approval-rating-down-during-government

Hmm...an NBC POLL, at that.

With a grain of salt, as will all polls, of course..but….

A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows that Speaker Nancy Pelosi not President Donald Trump plummeted most in popularity during the 35-day government shutdown.

The new poll shows the Speaker of the House experienced a 6-point drop in her approval rating. Only 28 percent of Americans rated Pelosi as favorable, while 47 percent rated her as unfavorable — a stunning 19 percent “upside down” unfavorable figure.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaig...elosis-approval-rating-down-during-government

It's not clear which demographic Pelosi lost support from, though I would say that her electoral chances come next election are fine.

Well, she's got my approval, there's not a thing I can find to tell her to do different.

For one thing, I don't think this article is written fairly. The 6% difference between Trump and Obama at the same point is described as roughly on par, but Pelosi's six percent drop is described as spiraling while Trump's 3 percent drop is described as staying the same. Seems to be playing fast and loose with terms. This is one of the reasons why polls are so unfairly derided. People see people (and it's not just right-wingers like this one) twisting them to support their opinion.

Second though, although Pelosi's margin of favorable minus unfavorable did indeed drop 6% since December, it's still actually better than at any time besides that December poll in the last several years. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5695327-19020-NBCWSJ-January-Poll-1.html

It seems a little disingenuous to have her approval framed this way when it's basically at the highest point its been ever, with the exception of that one December poll.

Well, she's got my approval, there's not a thing I can find to tell her to do different.

Possibly you want her to waste $12 billion, not just the last $6 billion, to not add 300 miles to her 700 miles of Pelosi-Schumer border barrier.

Don't you think she should be removed for the racist, bigoted total waste of money to build 700 miles of border barrier? At least she should have proposed tearing down 700 miles of border barrier now that that she has changed from her past of pure racist hatred of Latinos, don't you think?

For one thing, I don't think this article is written fairly. The 6% difference between Trump and Obama at the same point is described as roughly on par, but Pelosi's six percent drop is described as spiraling while Trump's 3 percent drop is described as staying the same. Seems to be playing fast and loose with terms. This is one of the reasons why polls are so unfairly derided. People see people (and it's not just right-wingers like this one) twisting them to support their opinion.

Second though, although Pelosi's margin of favorable minus unfavorable did indeed drop 6% since December, it's still actually better than at any time besides that December poll in the last several years. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5695327-19020-NBCWSJ-January-Poll-1.html

It seems a little disingenuous to have her approval framed this way when it's basically at the highest point its been ever, with the exception of that one December poll.

Hers dropped more than Trump's , according to the poll. The Hill is not known as a "biased" source….

Hers dropped more than Trump's , according to the poll. The Hill is not known as a "biased" source….

The Hill may not be a biased source, but the people they let write editorials are generally people from one side or the other arguing their side. In this case:

Jen Kerns has served as a GOP strategist and writer for the U.S. presidential debates for FOX News. She previously served as communications director and spokeswoman for the California Republican Party, the Colorado Recalls over gun control, and the Prop. 8 battle over marriage which went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

And yes, Pelosi's numbers, in a vacuum, did drop more than Trump's between the December and January NBC polls. But I think when looking at broader context, this was presented somewhat disingenuously.

Possibly you want her to waste $12 billion, not just the last $6 billion, to not add 300 miles to her 700 miles of Pelosi-Schumer border barrier.

Don't you think she should be removed for the racist, bigoted total waste of money to build 700 miles of border barrier? At least she should have proposed tearing down 700 miles of border barrier now that that she has changed from her past of pure racist hatred of Latinos, don't you think?

No, the Tribulation is coming (2020-2026) and it's "Kali Yuga." so my friends at the Hare Krishna think no more of you than Demons who will quarrel so they can pick up the pieces when you're done and make us all get up for Mangala Artik (and wear nice dotis etc) while the rich hide out and wait for us to become their babies.

So in short, everybody take the gloves off and let's have a free for all!

Now that I've regained my composure, no, Nancy should oppose Trump any way she can after how they treated Obama, however hypocritical this makes her.

First thing the Democrat should do is build a wall (or install my plan).

https://www.debatepolitics.com/immigration/345571-immigration.html

The Hill may not be a biased source, but the people they let write editorials are generally people from one side or the other arguing their side. In this case:

And yes, Pelosi's numbers, in a vacuum, did drop more than Trump's between the December and January NBC polls. But I think when looking at broader context, this was presented somewhat disingenuously.

Please cite what she posted that was NOT FACTUAL as far as the NUMBERS of the POLL. your "feelings" about it, notwithstanding...

PELOSI DROPPED FURTHER THAN TRUMP, according to the NBC poll

Dance away...

Please cite what she posted that was NOT FACTUAL as far as the NUMBERS of the POLL. your "feelings" about it, notwithstanding...

PELOSI DROPPED FURTHER THAN TRUMP, according to the NBC poll

Dance away...

Like I said. She didn't say anything that was not factual so far as I am aware. I just think it's disingenuous to call Trump's 6% approval rating difference between Obama's at this time in his presidency as roughly on par and to call Pelosi's drop as spiraling.

I also think it's a little disingenuous to call Pelosi's numbers spiraling when they're higher than any point in several years except for the one December poll.

Back
Top Bottom