• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New poll has Abbott up by 19 points

How in the actual flying screw can someone not like Chick Fil A? Seriously people.

Also seriously...how can Texans want Greg Abbot as their governor? How many different disasters have to happen in his state before people wake up and say, "Hey, he's doing a pretty terrible job"?

But, more importantly, Chick Fil A is incredible and I don't trust anyone who says otherwise. :)

Exactly. They are the tastiest homophobic chicken sandwich I've ever had. 😁

Beto lost against Cruz, then went nowhere quickly in the Democratic primary.

Not the best candidate to try to unseat Abbot, not sure what anyone really expected.

Beto's aesthetic just doesn't gel with Texas. That state needs a Jesse Ventura-type running. It's not like Abbott is likeable. The right candidate can easily beat him.

Truth. You need someone who can cross the aisle. Beto is largely unliked by everyone not in his party.

Abbott is a ****ing idiot and only liked by the "ownin' da libz" people.

Texas is purple enough that the right person could bring the state together - at least a little.

Texas is purple enough that the right person could bring the state together - at least a little.

Texas hasn't had a statewide democrat in almost 30 years. It's not as purple and the democrats keep trying to say.

How in the actual flying screw can someone not like Chick Fil A? Seriously people.

1655312129771.png

I'd take an Arby's Rueben over a a Chick-fil-a sandwich any day.

WW

Also seriously...how can Texans want Greg Abbot as their governor? How many different disasters have to happen in his state before people wake up and say, "Hey, he's doing a pretty terrible job"?

But, more importantly, Chick Fil A is incredible and I don't trust anyone who says otherwise. :)
They hate liberals more than they love life. Then again they dont really consider themselves much a part of a whole but a separate while still maintaining the bennies from the whole.

No but to deny that democrats are encroaching on your electable seats is folly.

2008 McCain won Texas by 11.77%
2010 Perry won by 12.7%
2012 Romney won Texas by 15.79%
2014 Abbott won by 20.4%

The only thing that happened to Texas is Trump. He ruined the GOP brand.

2008 McCain won Texas by 11.77%
2010 Perry won by 12.7%
2012 Romney won Texas by 15.79%
2014 Abbott won by 20.4%

The only thing that happened to Texas is Trump. He ruined the GOP brand.

And you think your idiot governor has nothing to do with that at all?

Texas came extremely close to having Beto O'Rourke as a senator in 2018. 50.9 vs 48.3 seems miiiiiiighty purple to me, but keep on denying it.

You will stay red, until one day you're not. Ask Georgia how quickly that shit can turn on a dime.

They probably denied it, too.

Beta came in...what...last...in the democrat primary? Dropped out before there were actually any state elections? He has consistently failed...even with his fake Latino image.

As for the real topic...Chik Fil A...the WORST thing you can honestly say about their food is that they essentially forced Popeyes and KFC to step up their own chicken sandwich game. They are a model company for food service delivery and customer service.

I believe it was on this site were I saw one of our openly gay posters say "I dont care what the owner does...NO ONE is keeping me from my Chik Fil A peach shakes...."

Texas came extremely close to having Beto O'Rourke as a senator in 2018. 50.9 vs 48.3 seems miiiiiiighty purple to me, but keep on denying it.

You will stay red, until one day you're not. Ask Georgia how quickly that shit can turn on a dime.

2018 is the exception that proves the rule. It was an absolute best case scenario for the democrats and they still couldn't win.

2018 is the exception that proves the rule. It was an absolute best case scenario for the democrats and they still couldn't win.

giphy.gif

The Hispanic population in the Rio Grande valley is moving away from the Democratic Party. Any hopes of turning Texas a bluer shade may be waning until they can woo a significant portion of their coalition back into the fold.

The Hispanic population in the Rio Grande valley is moving away from the Democratic Party. Any hopes of turning Texas a bluer shade may be waning until they can woo a significant portion of their coalition back into the fold.

Yes, but all it takes is the right candidate. That's the point I was trying to make earlier.

All it takes is someone like Stacey Abrams, and then there's trouble a brewin'.

Georgia was red as ****, and never even really went purple. They just flipped straight from red to blue, all because of one really good candidate that people could believe in.

Beto isn't it. Never really will be, I'm afraid.

View attachment 67396682

I'd take an Arby's Rueben over a a Chick-fil-a sandwich any day.

WW
I suspect anyone telling me, “We have the meat!”

I’ve had that Arby’s offering, it’s ok, nothing special.

How does Arby’s call their roast beef, roast beef?

Texas Governor's Race Tightens In Wake Of School Mass Shooting, Quinnipiac University Texas Poll Finds; 61% Of Parents Concerned There Will Be A Shooting At Their Child's School​

In the race for Texas governor, 48 percent of voters support Republican incumbent Greg Abbott, while 43 percent support Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University poll of Texas registered voters released today. This compares to a Quinnipiac University poll in December 2021 when 52 percent of voters supported Abbott and 37 percent supported O'Rourke. In today's poll, Republicans (90 - 5 percent) and independents (46 - 40 percent) back Abbott, while Democrats (96 - 2 percent) back O'Rourke.

There are also big differences by gender, race, and age. Abbott wins the support of men 59 - 33 percent, while O'Rourke wins the support of women 52 - 38 percent. Abbott wins the support of white voters 63 - 30 percent, while O'Rourke wins the support of Black voters 73 - 11 percent and Hispanic voters 50 - 41 percent. O'Rourke leads among voters 18 - 34 years old (56 - 35 percent), while Abbott leads among voters 35 - 49 years old (50 - 38 percent) and voters 50 - 64 years old (57 - 37 percent). Among voters 65 years of age and over, Abbott receives 50 percent, while O'Rourke receives 45 percent.

The Link

Beto's aesthetic just doesn't gel with Texas. That state needs a Jesse Ventura-type running. It's not like Abbott is likeable. The right candidate can easily beat him.
A 9/11 Truther?

Yep, but he is so animated as he rants and waves his arms around. ;)
Rants and waves his arms around!! LOL...That's entirely accurate!

Robert O'Rourke is a ****ing KOOK and the only one's who would vote for him are other KOOKS!

Seriously, when he was in the Texas 16th district everyone got a bellyful of his stupidity and now I doubt he has a snowballs chance in hell of ever getting elected in Texas again.

He should move to California....his bullshit might play out there...............

He should move to California....his bullshit might play out there...............
Good idea. He might even get to liking the dirt there. Much more appetizing then New Mexican dirt.

Abbott wins comfortably by double digits, an obvious result to anyone paying attention

Back
Top Bottom