• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New poll has Abbott up by 19 points

Tasteless mush hidden behind an efficient operation and excellent customer service. Basically human chow. Can't stand the place.

You lost your taste buds ?

I know a town in south Carolina that has two Chik-fil-A like 250 yards from each other and they are both packed non stop

You weren’t the poster I was replying to, I do see that they must approve also, but curiously didn’t answer the post…….🤷

I support not allowing government to ban a business based on their owner’s political views. How would you like it if a Texas city banned a business for flying a rainbow flag?

From half a country away, this is how I see Abbott and Chik-fil-a as well.

You do not have the power of a city government. You are free not to patronize a business for any reason at all.

How in the actual flying screw can someone not like Chick Fil A? Seriously people.

Also seriously...how can Texans want Greg Abbot as their governor? How many different disasters have to happen in his state before people wake up and say, "Hey, he's doing a pretty terrible job"?

But, more importantly, Chick Fil A is incredible and I don't trust anyone who says otherwise. :)
I’m super glad we’ve had Abbot keeping Texas largely free from the most of the more ridiculous Covid responses.

I’m super glad we’ve had Abbot keeping Texas largely free from the most of the more ridiculous Covid responses.
Yeah and all it cost you was the deaths of nearly 90,000 people.

You lost your taste buds ?

I know a town in south Carolina that has two Chik-fil-A like 250 yards from each other and they are both packed non stop

Same in North Richland Hills, Texas (about a mile apart).

And no, I haven't lost them. I just like to use them.

Okay, then what fast food restaurant would you say is good (relatively speaking)? What fast food do you place above Chick Fil A?

This is important stuff right here.

Yeah and all it cost you was the deaths of nearly 90,000 people.

Based on what? Texas had a lower COVID-19 death rate than many heavily locked-down states with more vaccine and mask mandates.

Okay, then what fast food restaurant would you say is good (relatively speaking)? What fast food do you place above Chick Fil A?

This is important stuff right here.

If you are talking about chains and not independent street taco or burger joints or the like, Whataburger. By far. It's not even close. Hell, Taco Bell in a pinch.

Not much of a fast food guy, to be honest. But I would be hard pressed to think of one I don't like more than Chik-fil-A. Taco Bueno, maybe? They don't have food there. They have salt licks.

Based on what?

If you are talking about chains and not independent street taco or burger joints or the like, Whataburger. By far.
Never had Whataburger, none around me. But I've heard good things.
Hell, Taco Bell in a pinch.
:unsure:

Don't get me wrong, I like Taco Bell, but if you think Chick Fil A is tasteless mush, I don't know how you can compliment Taco Bell.
Not much of a fast food guy, to be honest. But I would be hard pressed to think of one I don't like more than Chik-fil-A.
Well, certainly tastes are subjective, but I can objectively say you're wrong. ;)

OK, but the implication that Texas’ COVID-19 policy yielded worse results than most states’ COVID-19 policy was nonsense.

We were right at the national average per 100,000; 305 v 307.

OK, but the implication that Texas’ COVID-19 policy yielded worse results than most states’ COVID-19 policy was nonsense.
Texas was 30th in deaths per capita by COVID

Most of the states ahead of Texas on your (ttwtt) chart used roughly the same Covid measures as Texas (not all, but most). It's not exactly a quality argument to say that other states who did roughly the same thing got roughly the same results. And the gap is widening.

Last edited:
I guess the screaming and interrupting like MTG didn't work out for Beto

"Abbott now stands at 56 percent and O'Rourke enjoys just 37 percent support—a gap of 19 points."
Apparently taking peoples guns and closing down churches that don’t support the gay agenda was not a popular political position in Texas.

So what does that tell you?

Unfortunately you can't taste a thing

Abbott is exactly the corrupt Republican politician that a ton of Texans want.

By the way, does anyone know when the citizens of Odessa get to have water again?
Probably in time for the blackouts coming.

Probably in time for the blackouts coming.

Ironically, we have been saved from rolling blackouts by wind and solar production.

It’s been called the ’Save Chick-fil-A bill’ and is also more popular than Beto.
Social diseases seem more popular than Beto.

Whelp…. Texas will never change.

1 million dead Americans.

Back
Top Bottom