• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New poll has Abbott up by 19 points

Crovax

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What do you think about Senate Bill 1978?

It's a poll. Wait until the actual votes come in.

Abbott is exactly the corrupt Republican politician that a ton of Texans want.

By the way, does anyone know when the citizens of Odessa get to have water again?

Not much need to guess how Beto’s “weapons of war” ban with confiscation will play in Texas.

Dude's a nut, but a lot can happen until the votes are in.

It’s been called the ’Save Chick-fil-A bill’ and is also more popular than Beto.

Tasteless mush hidden behind an efficient operation and excellent customer service. Basically human chow. Can't stand the place.

There’s something wrong with you. Chik Fil A is delicious.

It's like eating mayo on a bun with salt and pepper (easy on the pepper). I realize there is a market for that, and more power to them, but if I'm going to splurge on calories, those calories are going to actually have flavor.

Dude, I live in Texas.

Tasteless mush hidden behind an efficient operation and excellent customer service. Basically human chow. Can't stand the place.

Tasteless mush?

Come on, dude. It's a ****ing chicken breast. A full-on, unprocessed chicken breast, brined in pickle juice, then battered and fried.

Don't like them for their politics? Fine, but don't say they are mush, because they are no more mush than the chicken breasts you buy fresh at the market.

There's no doubt who the winner will be

I agree. Beto did something in 2018 that is rare in Texas: he campaigned. Hard. And he was up against probably one of the most reviled state level Republican politicians in Texas at the time. Hot Wheels is not that unpopular. He does dumbass Culture War shit like the 100% safety inspection fiasco but for the most part, he is tolerated by suburban voters.

I agree. Beto did something in 2018 that is rare in Texas: he campaigned. Hard. And he was up against probably one of the most reviled state level Republican politicians in Texas at the time. Hot Wheels is not that unpopular. He does dumbass Culture War shit like the 100% safety inspection fiasco but for the most part, he is tolerated by suburban voters.
Beto’s entire political existence is “culture war shit.”

Beto’s entire political existence is “culture war shit.”

His moment was 2018. But no one else is stepping up and I am against candidates running unopposed so thanks, Beto.

His moment was 2018. But no one else is stepping up and I am against candidates running unopposed so thanks, Beto.
Understandable. Here in El Paso, most local races are decided in the Dem primaries. Thank goodness for open primaries. I voted for Beto to unseat the way too entrenched Sylvester Reyes however many years ago.

How in the actual flying screw can someone not like Chick Fil A? Seriously people.

Also seriously...how can Texans want Greg Abbot as their governor? How many different disasters have to happen in his state before people wake up and say, "Hey, he's doing a pretty terrible job"?

But, more importantly, Chick Fil A is incredible and I don't trust anyone who says otherwise. :)

Beto's aesthetic just doesn't gel with Texas. That state needs a Jesse Ventura-type running. It's not like Abbott is likeable. The right candidate can easily beat him.

It’s been called the ’Save Chick-fil-A bill’ and is also more popular than Beto.
You weren’t the poster I was replying to, I do see that they must approve also, but curiously didn’t answer the post…….🤷

How in the actual flying screw can someone not like Chick Fil A? Seriously people.

Also seriously...how can Texans want Greg Abbot as their governor? How many different disasters have to happen in his state before people wake up and say, "Hey, he's doing a pretty terrible job"?

But, more importantly, Chick Fil A is incredible and I don't trust anyone who says otherwise. :)

From half a country away, this is how I see Abbott and Chik-fil-a as well.

From half a country away, this is how I see Abbott and Chik-fil-a as well.
I can't tell you why, but this was a literal laugh out loud for me.

Back
Top Bottom