• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New Poll For Military

Which Option is Best?

• Institute a FULL military draft to include ALL segments of society, from rich to poor.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Completely and totally abolish the military altogether where nobody serves

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Vets of volunteer military who have seen direct combat get more benefits and more political power.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Don't let TimmyBoy rope you guys into this discussion on American foreign policy. He's trying to change the subject to mask the obvious intellectual bankruptcy of his position on the military.

Well, here is the new law, the new argument built on my way and my way is the only way: If you don't want a draft then pack your bags, move to another country and have your citizenship revoked. We don't need free loaders in this country. Everybody from Bill Gate's kids to the poor man's kids has to serve. Don't like it? PACK YOUR BAGS AND LEAVE and be ready to lose your citizenship forever. Everybody pulls their weight and their fair share. No drag assing allowed. This is the right way and MY WAY. The current way is just a bunch of rich folks who don't want to carry their weight and responsibility as citizens of this country.

Last edited:
TimmyBoy said:
Well, here is the new law, the new argument built on my way and my way is the only way: If you don't want a draft then pack your bags, move to another country and have your citizenship revoked. We don't need free loaders in this country. Everybody from Bill Gate's kids to the poor man's kids has to serve. Don't like it? PACK YOUR BAGS AND LEAVE and be ready to lose your citizenship forever. Everybody pulls their weight and their fair share. No drag assing allowed. This is the right way and MY WAY. The current way is just a bunch of rich folks who don't want to carry their weight and responsibility as citizens of this country.

Well, the majority of America doesn't agree with you. I don't agree with you, and neither does anyone else on here. So if YOU don't like the way America is running, then YOU move out. Ever heard of a job? If little Billy Bob is off fighting wars when there are already enough soldiers, then who is running the register at Wal-Mart? Only the ppl on Welfare drag their asses (or at least half of em', anyways). Everybody does pull their weight and does their fair share (everyone that works). The draft is retarded and won't work in a modern day society. Look what happened in Vietnam. There was a draft and you had ppl fighting over there that didn't want to be there. You really have a warped view on what America is all about. You probably flunked out of American History. And with radical ideas like what you have, no one is going to take you seriously.

Donkey1499 said:
Well, the majority of America doesn't agree with you. I don't agree with you, and neither does anyone else on here. So if YOU don't like the way America is running, then YOU move out. Ever heard of a job? If little Billy Bob is off fighting wars when there are already enough soldiers, then who is running the register at Wal-Mart? Only the ppl on Welfare drag their asses (or at least half of em', anyways). Everybody does pull their weight and does their fair share (everyone that works). The draft is retarded and won't work in a modern day society. Look what happened in Vietnam. There was a draft and you had ppl fighting over there that didn't want to be there. You really have a warped view on what America is all about. You probably flunked out of American History. And with radical ideas like what you have, no one is going to take you seriously.

To be honest, at one time I cared about this country, but now, it can go to hell in a handbasket. I am just going to do what other Americans do: look out for #1 and not worry about anything else. Why care for a system that doesn't care about me or a system that nobody else really cares about? I am just going to take care of my family and a select few friends who have earned my trust. But I am not going to make the mistake of putting myself on the line for crooks in the US government again like I did before. No, I learned my lesson the first time. I am just going to take care of myself, family and few select friends and above all, stay out of politics. I am just here to survive and try to live a happy life. But my views on the draft haven't changed. I think we need a full military draft to include all segments of society. But since nobody cares enough to serve their country, why should I? They never had and never will appreciate the sacrafices I made for them unless they do it themselves.

what is the purpose of your constant whining Timmy? Your poll options are stupid and it seems you have a personal agenda based on your dissatisfaction with your service

TurtleDude said:
what is the purpose of your constant whining Timmy? Your poll options are stupid and it seems you have a personal agenda based on your dissatisfaction with your service

I just like to bitch about our backwards country. Anyway, I am not going to worry about what happens because their isn't much I can do. I know it sounds annoying, but the best thing you can do, is take care of #1 and not be concerned with anything else. It is, after all, how this country operates.

TimmyBoy said:
I just like to bitch about our backwards country. Anyway, I am not going to worry about what happens because their isn't much I can do. I know it sounds annoying, but the best thing you can do, is take care of #1 and not be concerned with anything else. It is, after all, how this country operates.

No it's not! Damn you. Just because you had one bad experience, it doesn't mean that everything is that. I was bitten by a golden retriever when I was 9, but does that mean that all golden retrievers will bite me? No.

Donkey1499 said:
No it's not! Damn you. Just because you had one bad experience, it doesn't mean that everything is that. I was bitten by a golden retriever when I was 9, but does that mean that all golden retrievers will bite me? No.

I was trying to be a little humorous. You can at least give me a courtesy laugh if you didn't find it funny.

I will accept that TimmyBoy was trying to be humorous, but it looked a whole lot more like using (pretty bad) humor as a way to deliver a backhanded insult to everybody else. Anybody that anti-military or with that poor opinion of his country usually had a pretty rotten (translation: unsuccessful) military experience. As I have said before, I come from a pretty military family representing every branch of service including the Coast Guard. Several who didn't actually put on the uniform served as civilian employees. Every single one bitched about incomprehensible orders, fubars, screw ups, and mix ups as we all bitch about our jobs from time to time. But every one of them served with pride, distinction and with great respect for the professionalism and dedication of their fellow soldiers, marines, shipmates, or whatever. And they salute their flag with respect and love their country.

They would not appreciate humor that paints our country as something that should be bulldozed and buried.

TimmyBoy said:
Everybody pulls their weight and their fair share. No drag assing allowed.

Why does serving in the military have to be the only way of serving your country? There are plenty of other jobs that serve the needs of the nation just as well...teacher, doctors, nurses to name a few...these people arn't drag assing. Neither are the majority of people who pay thier fair share in the form of taxes.

TimmyBoy said:
I can't see why anybody would disagree with these poll options. These are poll options that advocate a fair solution. Why would anybody be opposed to fairness when lives are at stake?

I want the all volunteer option. If thats not included it's a useless.

TimmyBoy said:

HAve you served?

Plain old me said:
Why does serving in the military have to be the only way of serving your country? There are plenty of other jobs that serve the needs of the nation just as well...teacher, doctors, nurses to name a few...these people arn't drag assing. Neither are the majority of people who pay thier fair share in the form of taxes.
dont forget us evil entrepreneurs that create jobs
doity bastids

Kandahar said:
Why don't you stop assuming that everyone agrees with one of these dumb ideas and list the obvious answer as an option: "Maintain a professional, volunteer army where veterans have the same amount of political power as everyone else."

I usually dont agree with kandahar but I do when it comes to this. Which says alot. Kandahar, you arent such a bad guy after all. I may have to give you a hug.

Well, I didn't find it funny. It's crap!

I agree. If you want to joke about the very institution that allows you to put a poll like this up then you must be a very very low individual.

HAve you served?

I think you should know the answer to that question buddy.

I have "served" in the military and won't make that mistake again. I have little interest in being used by people who don't care for my life and who only want to use me and others to make more money. Especially since the burden of military service falls on the poor and the rich are unwilling to put their lives on the line. To be frank with you, I could care less what happens to this country because the country could care less about itself. But I do find some things about this country amusing, you have to learn to laugh a little at the vast injustices of this country or you will go crazy.

Anybody who is smart and educated enough, would understand it is a mistake to volunteer for the US military because you will only be used to make rich people richer and to make more terrorists in the world. You don't see very many rich people volunteering for the military and you most certainly won't see them supporting a fair draft army. It is because these rich people know that the military is used to make them richer and they know that the US military is used to make more terrorists. It is only those people who are not smart, educated enough to know any better or simply who do not have other economic opportunities or options available to them that volunteer themselves for the US military. Those who are forced to be in the all volunteer army or those who simply do not know any better get used, exploited and in some cases, shafted while others look at them thinking to themselves "sure am glad it is them and not me." One who is in the all voluteer army has the impression that they were swindled, conned and tricked into the job or they simply understand how the real world operates but didn't have better economic opportunties.

Last edited:
I have "served" in the military and won't make that mistake again. I have little interest in being used by people who don't care for my life and who only want to use me and others to make more money. Especially since the burden of military service falls on the poor and the rich are unwilling to put their lives on the line.

This is hogwash. I have received more care and self worth from serving in the military than from any other institution I have worked for. Mabe you just couldnt cut it as most mental disorders cant.

To be frank with you, I could care less what happens to this country

This says everything about you right there. So I guess you dont care about the terrorists attack innocent people do you cause after all we dont care about ourselves now do we? You are just as bad as canuck. And now I am contemplating whethor or not I should put you on ignore too.

Can I be frank with you? How about I hope that same sentiment comes back and haunts you when a terrorist attack kills your whole family and your whole blood line is wiped out. Hows that for frankness? Or mabe you want more franks from me? Mabe after that happens and you see americans pouring out their hearts and pocketbooks to you then mabe you will see that there is something worth fighting for.

Anybody who is smart and educated enough,

Well we know this isnt you.

would understand it is a mistake to volunteer for the US military because you will only be used to make rich people richer and to make more terrorists in the world.

You seriously have some mental issues. Waging a war puts more people in debt. The only people who profit from it are the war suppliers and some politicians and some who are in the military. I have made more money seving in iraq than I have made else where. So I guess your right war does make people richer. :lol:

You don't see very many rich people volunteering for the military and you most certainly won't see them supporting a fair draft army.

On the contrary, mental case there was a all american football player who had a contract with a pro NFL team for around 40million and blew that off to serve his country in afghanistan and died trying to save his comrades life. But what do you expect? You expect the president to serve on the front lines? If you do your a moron. The last thing I want is some politician or business man running the military. War is no place for politics or business. So if your whole ideology is the country sucks cause there arent any rich folks in the military then your a moron. And I hope your moronic idiocy runs you into a brick wall of enlightenment.

You know what? I cant go on with your embassilic crap because you are a waiste of time and quite frankly most people fell the same way I do about you. Keep mocking your own countrymen and your own country. I hope it bites you in the a$$ one day. And then i will look at you and say I told you so.

SKILMATIC said:
This is hogwash. I have received more care and self worth from serving in the military than from any other institution I have worked for. Mabe you just couldnt cut it as most mental disorders cant.

This says everything about you right there. So I guess you dont care about the terrorists attack innocent people do you cause after all we dont care about ourselves now do we? You are just as bad as canuck. And now I am contemplating whethor or not I should put you on ignore too.

Can I be frank with you? How about I hope that same sentiment comes back and haunts you when a terrorist attack kills your whole family and your whole blood line is wiped out. Hows that for frankness? Or mabe you want more franks from me? Mabe after that happens and you see americans pouring out their hearts and pocketbooks to you then mabe you will see that there is something worth fighting for.

Well we know this isnt you.

You seriously have some mental issues. Waging a war puts more people in debt. The only people who profit from it are the war suppliers and some politicians and some who are in the military. I have made more money seving in iraq than I have made else where. So I guess your right war does make people richer. :lol:

On the contrary, mental case there was a all american football player who had a contract with a pro NFL team for around 40million and blew that off to serve his country in afghanistan and died trying to save his comrades life. But what do you expect? You expect the president to serve on the front lines? If you do your a moron. The last thing I want is some politician or business man running the military. War is no place for politics or business. So if your whole ideology is the country sucks cause there arent any rich folks in the military then your a moron. And I hope your moronic idiocy runs you into a brick wall of enlightenment.

You know what? I cant go on with your embassilic crap because you are a waiste of time and quite frankly most people fell the same way I do about you. Keep mocking your own countrymen and your own country. I hope it bites you in the a$$ one day. And then i will look at you and say I told you so.

Look man, you can go on your rants, but September 11 happenned because America had it coming to them. It's because America deserved what it got. Brainwashed jackasses like yourself who bought into this "war on terror" BS and allowed our freedoms to be taken away by crooked politicans are partly to blame as well. You buy into the BS that is in the media and in the classroom or taught to you by your family. If you want to go overseas and fight for oil while Bush continues to take away our freedoms in the name of freedom, then be my guest. You won't catch me over their. When America decides to get it's **** together and to be a decent country, then I will decide it's worth fighting for again. But today's America is not the America I wish to defend. I am just goiing to be like most Americans, look out for #1. But if somebody messes with my family, I would not want help from anybody because we are well enough to take care of any deaths, it would be a personal matter for me to handle. I would personally be the first to go kill whoever is responsible and make them pay. I am not going to fight for America or Bush or the criminal, terrorist US government. But I will fight and kill to defend my family.

TimmyBoy said:
Anybody who is smart and educated enough, would understand it is a mistake to volunteer for the US military because you will only be used to make rich people richer and to make more terrorists in the world. You don't see very many rich people volunteering for the military and you most certainly won't see them supporting a fair draft army. It is because these rich people know that the military is used to make them richer and they know that the US military is used to make more terrorists. It is only those people who are not smart, educated enough to know any better or simply who do not have other economic opportunities or options available to them that volunteer themselves for the US military. Those who are forced to be in the all volunteer army or those who simply do not know any better get used, exploited and in some cases, shafted while others look at them thinking to themselves "sure am glad it is them and not me." One who is in the all voluteer army has the impression that they were swindled, conned and tricked into the job or they simply understand how the real world operates but didn't have better economic opportunties.

you are a bitter douchebag
a bitter used douchebag
try canada or france if you dislike it here so much
or maybe cuba
take it deep

TimmyBoy said:
Look man, you can go on your rants, but September 11 happenned because America had it coming to them. It's because America deserved what it got. Brainwashed jackasses like yourself who bought into this "war on terror" BS and allowed our freedoms to be taken away by crooked politicans are partly to blame as well. You buy into the BS that is in the media and in the classroom or taught to you by your family. If you want to go overseas and fight for oil while Bush continues to take away our freedoms in the name of freedom, then be my guest. You won't catch me over their. When America decides to get it's **** together and to be a decent country, then I will decide it's worth fighting for again. But today's America is not the America I wish to defend. I am just goiing to be like most Americans, look out for #1. But if somebody messes with my family, I would not want help from anybody because we are well enough to take care of any deaths. I would personally be the first to go kill whoever is responsible and make them pay. I am not going to fight for America or Bush or the criminal, terrorist US government. But I will fight and kill to defend my family.

Anybody still think TimmyBoy is being humorous?

DeeJayH said:
you are a bitter douchebag
a bitter used douchebag
try canada or france if you dislike it here so much
or maybe cuba
take it deep

Nah, this is the only place where I can make decent money doing what I do, so I will stay here and use America the same way America uses others. It's the way the sytem works.

Back
Top Bottom