• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New Poll For Military

Which Option is Best?

• Institute a FULL military draft to include ALL segments of society, from rich to poor.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Completely and totally abolish the military altogether where nobody serves

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Vets of volunteer military who have seen direct combat get more benefits and more political power.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
AlbqOwl said:
Anybody still think TimmyBoy is being humorous?

I think I am being humorous with a mixture of brutal honesty.

TimmyBoy said:
Nah, this is the only place where I can make decent money doing what I do, so I will stay here and use America the same way America uses others. It's the way the sytem works.

that makes you the ultimate loser
**** and moan
complain, but dont do anything about it
Let me guess, you were in the military, and came home missing some parts
that is all i can gather would make you such a bitter ass
either way you are a disgrace

DeeJayH said:
that makes you the ultimate loser
**** and moan
complain, but dont do anything about it
Let me guess, you were in the military, and came home missing some parts
that is all i can gather would make you such a bitter ass
either way you are a disgrace

Well call me what you like. I really don't care to be honest. Ohh, btw, the football player was incredibly niave in volunteering for Afghanistan. He should have stayed in the US and kept playing football. Hate to see a good guy like get killed for nothing. Especially by his own guys. He didn't know what he was getting himself into. If he was in my unit I would have smacked him in the head and told him to get the hell out and go back to playing football, unless he was drafted, then that would be a different story.

You never ever, volunteer for combat. That was a mistake this football player had to learn the hard way.

TimmyBoy said:
Well call me what you like. I really don't care to be honest. Ohh, btw, the football player was incredibly niave in volunteering for Afghanistan. He should have stayed in the US and kept playing football. Hate to see a good guy like get killed for nothing. Especially by his own guys. He didn't know what he was getting himself into. If he was in my unit I would have smacked him in the head and told him to get the hell out and go back to playing football, unless he was drafted, then that would be a different story.

your the idiot that shounds naive
"i enlisted, and than OMG we went to war and i was on the battlefield. How dare they send soldiers into a warzone"

why did you join? for the college aid, or to learn a trade?
it certainly wasn't to serve your country

DeeJayH said:
your the idiot that shounds naive
"i enlisted, and than OMG we went to war and i was on the battlefield. How dare they send soldiers into a warzone"

why did you join? for the college aid, or to learn a trade?
it certainly wasn't to serve your country

At first I joined to "serve" my country, but it didn't take me long to figuire out that it was nothing more than some sort of foolish, romantic idea. Reality, quickly destroyed any such notions.

TimmyBoy said:
At first I joined to "serve" my country, but it didn't take me long to figuire out that it was nothing more than some sort of foolish, romantic idea. Reality, quickly destroyed any such notions.

so you were disillusioned, and you blame everybody else
blame your parents, not the military, not the government
they are the ones who raised you without a clue

TimmyBoy said:
Nah, this is the only place where I can make decent money doing what I do, so I will stay here and use America the same way America uses others. It's the way the sytem works.

You volunteered for it. So how can they use you? PLus they give you benefits and they pay you for the job you volunteered for you idiot! You are a sad sad little man. And this has nothing to do with 9/11 and we had it coming to us if you sincerely beleive that you are an a$$hole as far as I am concerned. Why dont you enlist in the talibans cause I know they are recruiting. Plus if you really beleive we deserved the attacks then I hope you are arrested under the patriot act. You were dishonorably dischraged I know.

Look man, you can go on your rants, but September 11 happenned because America had it coming to them. It's because America deserved what it got. Brainwashed jackasses like yourself who bought into this "war on terror" BS and allowed our freedoms to be taken away by crooked politicans are partly to blame as well. You buy into the BS that is in the media and in the classroom or taught to you by your family. If you want to go overseas and fight for oil while Bush continues to take away our freedoms in the name of freedom, then be my guest. You won't catch me over their. When America decides to get it's **** together and to be a decent country, then I will decide it's worth fighting for again. But today's America is not the America I wish to defend. I am just goiing to be like most Americans, look out for #1. But if somebody messes with my family, I would not want help from anybody because we are well enough to take care of any deaths, it would be a personal matter for me to handle. I would personally be the first to go kill whoever is responsible and make them pay. I am not going to fight for America or Bush or the criminal, terrorist US government. But I will fight and kill to defend my family.

Your worthless, you are more worthless than aryian emporium. I cant believe scum like you are allowed to roam in this country.

Anybody still think TimmyBoy is being humorous?

You see, this was never a joke. I caught you in another lie you fvck. You think your smart? You think people are really that stupid to buy that rediculous scheme that this thread was meant to be funny? You meant this in every shape and form because you are a worthless peice of hack. I caught you in this lie as I have in all your lies against this great nation. This is the greatest nation this earth has ever seen. That is a fact you cvnt. If you dont beleive that then leave I will pay for your one way ticket out and never return.

You dont even know that the system is you idiot. What do you make like 5bucks an hour picking up poop with your pooper scooper from walmart? Cause thats what you are; you are a piece of sh!t that picks up sh!t. Its all over your posts.

I think your being ignorantly moronic with a misture of mental disorderness.

Again this is just apparent to everyone you have no self worth or worth for others. You spit on the very people who serve others.

You never ever, volunteer for combat. That was a mistake this football player had to learn the hard way.

And you never ever volunteer your ignorant posts. It is entropic to your state of being.

Your a liar. What branch and under who did you serve and when?

SKILMATIC said:
You volunteered for it. So how can they use you? PLus they give you benefits and they pay you for the job you volunteered for you idiot! You are a sad sad little man. And this has nothing to do with 9/11 and we had it coming to us if you sincerely beleive that you are an a$$hole as far as I am concerned. Why dont you enlist in the talibans cause I know they are recruiting. Plus if you really beleive we deserved the attacks then I hope you are arrested under the patriot act. You were dishonorably dischraged I know.

Your worthless, you are more worthless than aryian emporium. I cant believe scum like you are allowed to roam in this country.

You see, this was never a joke. I caught you in another lie you fvck. You think your smart? You think people are really that stupid to buy that rediculous scheme that this thread was meant to be funny? You meant this in every shape and form because you are a worthless peice of hack. I caught you in this lie as I have in all your lies against this great nation. This is the greatest nation this earth has ever seen. That is a fact you cvnt. If you dont beleive that then leave I will pay for your one way ticket out and never return.

You dont even know that the system is you idiot. What do you make like 5bucks an hour picking up poop with your pooper scooper from walmart? Cause thats what you are; you are a piece of sh!t that picks up sh!t. Its all over your posts.

Again this is just apparent to everyone you have no self worth or worth for others. You spit on the very people who serve others.

And you never ever volunteer your ignorant posts. It is entropic to your state of being.

I served in the Army National Guard. My MOS was 19 kilo, I drove tanks. I was also the loader at times. My time overseas was when I was activated in my unit to "serve" as a peacekeeper in Bosnia. The benefits that paid for my college were nice though. It enabled me to avoid taking out student loans. I don't consider myself part of this corrupt society or the system. Again, you can call me all the names you want, I could care less. I am just going to open, honest and genuine, but I think some of my views and your reaction to them is rather humorous. You know, you can go to Iraq again, better you than me. I'll just kick back, stay safe here with the rich folks, make money and not worry about whether the country goes to hell in a handbasket or what goes on overseas. It's not my problem or concern. I have the same loyalty to the system that the system has to me and the rest of the American people, which is none. I have no loyalty to the system or to this country. My loyalty is with my family and a few select friends. My loyalty is also to true freedom, but America isn't ready for true freedom yet, so I have to wait until america is ready to be a free nation, a real democracy.

PS- In Bosnia I carried the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon. I spent most of my time on patrols rather than in a tank.

SKILMATIC said:

[mod gaval]

:smash:

I can see from your post that you are a little upset. This does not give you the right to engage in excessive flaming. I know you know where the basement is. Please use it in the future.

[/mod gaval]

This whole post makes me almost lose faith in humanity.

First of all he doesn't have to prove whether he served or didn't serve in the military. there is no way of me knowing if you served either in fact you might just be a scary 80 year old man with strange delusions for all I know.

Second of all, the fact that you get all pissy when he says that he doesn't have any loyalty for the america of today just means that your an absurdly nationalistic person because many people, including me, would not ever want to fight and die and give up our dreams for a government as corrupt as this one. I would defend my family, I would defend my home, I would defend that constitution if Bush doesn't try to repeal the bill of rights, but I won't fight and die for a cause that serves only the purposes of the people in power.

The whole idea that the lives of one american is worth the lives of 5 foreigners etc. is a load of horse **** because we are all human beings and we are not required utmost loyalty to our government and our country which we by chance just so happened to have been born in. Hell if you were born and raised in some ****ed up place like Iran you might grow up with a hatred for America the same way we are growing up with a hatred for terrorists. We are all citizens of the world and no persons life is worth more then anothers because everyone is born innocent ( I'm not a christian so I don't believe in original sin) and the people whom we talk to and who influence us are what will shape our ideas when we get older. No one can do that for us.

TimmyBoy said:
I served in the Army National Guard. My MOS was 19 kilo, I drove tanks. I was also the loader at times. My time overseas was when I was activated in my unit to "serve" as a peacekeeper in Bosnia. The benefits that paid for my college were nice though. It enabled me to avoid taking out student loans. I don't consider myself part of this corrupt society or the system. Again, you can call me all the names you want, I could care less. I am just going to open, honest and genuine, but I think some of my views and your reaction to them is rather humorous. You know, you can go to Iraq again, better you than me. I'll just kick back, stay safe here with the rich folks, make money and not worry about whether the country goes to hell in a handbasket or what goes on overseas. It's not my problem or concern. I have the same loyalty to the system that the system has to me and the rest of the American people, which is none. I have no loyalty to the system or to this country. My loyalty is with my family and a few select friends. My loyalty is also to true freedom, but America isn't ready for true freedom yet, so I have to wait until america is ready to be a free nation, a real democracy.

PS- In Bosnia I carried the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon. I spent most of my time on patrols rather than in a tank.

Ok thats fine. I guess you have the freedom too because the military allows you to. If there wasnt then you wouldnt even be in the position you are in. But of course you would differ. However, I will just say what goes around comes around. You know, karma. I would be very careful on what you do for now on. Your wishes for america to turn to rubbish by these terrorists cause we had it coming will come back to haunt you and your family.

This whole post makes me almost lose faith in humanity

Good lose faith in humanity. If all it took was a forum post for you to lose faith in that which you beleive in then you really had no faith in it to begin with.

Second of all, the fact that you get all pissy when he says that he doesn't have any loyalty for the america of today just means that your an absurdly nationalistic person because many people, including me, would not ever want to fight and die and give up our dreams for a government as corrupt as this one. I would defend my family, I would defend my home, I would defend that constitution if Bush doesn't try to repeal the bill of rights, but I won't fight and die for a cause that serves only the purposes of the people in power.

BWAHAHAHA hey everyone I am nationalistic now. Becasue I want to defend my rights and the people of america it makes me nationalistic? I could give a flying fvck less about this gov. I dont go to war to fight for my gov, but my country and the people in it. To be quite FRANK with you I would do away with everyone in this oligarchial government and ban the electoral college and make a true democracy instead of a democratic republic. I think our government was curropt the day it was instituted by only the rich people. Which means in no way are we a republic or a democratic republic or a democracy but we are a plutacracy. If you people just realized that are gov was curropt then you are highly retarded. Every gov known to man is corrupt in some way. Even our founding fathers were curropt in certain ways. If thats your excuse to not defend this nation and its good people in it then again you are a low individual. The only thing we have to make this country better is each other. If we dont ban together and make it better by serving our people and making our voice heard in volumes then you miles well move somewhere else. We only have each other. All it takes is a few good men to stand up to the tyranny and corruptness and do something about it. IMO I plan to do something about it to save this great nation. What say the rest of you?

BWAHAHAHA hey everyone I am nationalistic now. Becasue I want to defend my rights and the people of america it makes me nationalistic? I could give a flying fvck less about this gov. I dont go to war to fight for my gov, but my country and the people in it. To be quite FRANK with you I would do away with everyone in this oligarchial government and ban the electoral college and make a true democracy instead of a democratic republic. I think our government was curropt the day it was instituted by only the rich people. Which means in no way are we a republic or a democratic republic or a democracy but we are a plutacracy. If you people just realized that are gov was curropt then you are highly retarded. Every gov known to man is corrupt in some way. Even our founding fathers were curropt in certain ways. If thats your excuse to not defend this nation and its good people in it then again you are a low individual. The only thing we have to make this country better is each other. If we dont ban together and make it better by serving our people and making our voice heard in volumes then you miles well move somewhere else. We only have each other. All it takes is a few good men to stand up to the tyranny and corruptness and do something about it. IMO I plan to do something about it to save this great nation. What say the rest of you?

One thing I cannot understand is how you can possibly say that being a pawn in the game of our corrupt administration is a good way to defend the people of this nation.

You also don't seem to be too concerned about defending your rights when it comes to things like the Patriot Act but yet you'll gladly take up arms to defend this great nation from terrorists and the like or whoever the Bush administration tells you to fight.

Killing people to defend our freedom and yet at the same time taking away the freedoms of our own people is a bit strange isn't it? Does every act of defense in the name of liberty and against tyranny have to involve putting a bullet in someones head? And especially when your own government, who you admit is corrupt, sends you to do. Cause after all, it is our president who decides who you will point your gun at isn't it?

Last edited:
FinnMacCool said:
One thing I cannot understand is how you can possibly say that being a pawn in the game of our corrupt administration is a good way to defend the people of this nation.

You also don't seem to be too concerned about defending your rights when it comes to things like the Patriot Act but yet you'll gladly take up arms to defend this great nation from terrorists and the like or whoever the Bush administration tells you to fight.

Killing people to defend our freedom and yet at the same time taking away the freedoms of our own people is a bit strange isn't it? Does every act of defense in the name of liberty and against tyranny have to involve putting a bullet in someones head? And especially when your own government, who you admit is corrupt, sends you to do. Cause after all, it is our president who decides who you will point your gun at isn't it?

When did I say that I was a pawn in this admin? I said I defend america and everyone's rights.

And again how does the patriot deminish my personal rights? How does it deminish your personal rights? Please tell me. Also Bush doesnt tell me where and who to fight. I do. I volunteered and I was ready to before he even declared war on terrorism. I was the one who signed enlisted Bush had nothing to do with it. Its called self responsiblity somehting timmy boy hasnt learned yet. I thought it was common sense to fight the very thing that attacked us. Mabe you think the planes just mysteriously ran into the WTC and the pentagon?

If you think that thats what we are doing then mabe you should take up a cause and do something about it if you really beleive that. If not then shut up with that crap. Talk is cheap. And if you ever knew who these people are you would have a ounce of intelligence on who we are dealing with. You dont reason with these people. Theres no such thing as compromise in their world. Again the path for peace in their case doesnt exist. Does that make sense? And again the president isnt on the battlefield so the soldiers point their weapons where they want to. Politics are not in this war that much. This president understands that he needs to let the military professionals handle this kinda thing. And none of this has anything to do with what I just said. So please explain to me where this stuff came from?

FinnMacCool said:

Thank you very much. Maybe I haven't completely lost my faith in this country after all. If I want to say that America had September 11 coming to it, then I have every right to say say. The First Amendment is suppose to guarnatee me that right, or does the Patriot Act take that away too? What was done to America on September 11 was done by America on alot of other countries. Not only that, but the US ignored serious crisis overseas, like genocides in Bosnia, Rwanda and Sudan and could have made a positive influence, could have made good friends, could have improved it's image. By not interveneing and stopping these genocides, it harmed the US image. The common perception and it is the perception that I have, is America only gets involved if their is oil in those countries.

SKILMATIC said:
When did I say that I was a pawn in this admin? I said I defend america and everyone's rights.

And again how does the patriot deminish my personal rights? How does it deminish your personal rights? Please tell me. Also Bush doesnt tell me where and who to fight. I do. I volunteered and I was ready to before he even declared war on terrorism. I was the one who signed enlisted Bush had nothing to do with it. Its called self responsiblity somehting timmy boy hasnt learned yet. I thought it was common sense to fight the very thing that attacked us. Mabe you think the planes just mysteriously ran into the WTC and the pentagon?

If you think that thats what we are doing then mabe you should take up a cause and do something about it if you really beleive that. If not then shut up with that crap. Talk is cheap. And if you ever knew who these people are you would have a ounce of intelligence on who we are dealing with. You dont reason with these people. Theres no such thing as compromise in their world. Again the path for peace in their case doesnt exist. Does that make sense? And again the president isnt on the battlefield so the soldiers point their weapons where they want to. Politics are not in this war that much. This president understands that he needs to let the military professionals handle this kinda thing. And none of this has anything to do with what I just said. So please explain to me where this stuff came from?

I personally think you are a bit niave. I personally would never volunteer for combat, knowing what I know now. I am for a peacetime/wartime draft that includes all segments of society, I think this is fair, but it seems that Americans don't want a draft, the volunteer army is convient for them to avoid combat, risk of death or military service, so long as they have people who are niave like you who would volunteer.

TimmyBoy said:
Thank you very much. Maybe I haven't completely lost my faith in this country after all. If I want to say that America had September 11 coming to it, then I have every right to say say. The First Amendment is suppose to guarnatee me that right, or does the Patriot Act take that away too? What was done to America on September 11 was done by America on alot of other countries. Not only that, but the US ignored serious crisis overseas, like genocides in Bosnia, Rwanda and Sudan and could have made a positive influence, could have made good friends, could have improved it's image. By not interveneing and stopping these genocides, it harmed the US image. The common perception and it is the perception that I have, is America only gets involved if their is oil in those countries.

Well you can thank that to the good ole boys in the UN for not letting us under Clintons admin. Also we tried in Bosnia. We as the american people wanted to help, didnt you want to help? I dont quite understand why you think the american people didnt want to help these people. Who do you think was the number one contributor in the tsunami victims? Take a wild guess. Who was the number 1 contributor to all major attrocites? Take a wild guess. It is a fact that America is the most giving country in the world. Unless you can submit proof otherwise? We also tried to help in somalia. We have consistently helped in all areas we could. The ones who were at fault for not helping in certain areas are the gov not the american people. Can we at least agree on that? The poeple that died on 9/11 werent at fault for the apathy of the gov.

This doesnt seem like a argument against your perceptions on the military but on this nation as a whole. I think you have forgotten to look at the big picture. Yes america isnt perfect. No other country is either. America is the best nation on this planet and it has a chance to change for the better. But if you are going to act like the gov and be apathetic to the problems of this nation then you are no better than the people you rebuke. If we can just put all our differences aside and work together in the bettering of this country and insodoing the bettering of the rest of the world then we have made our lives here meaningful. Its not going to be easy. But at least I am going to die trying. Call me an idiot for it but I would rather die for a cause helping other people than die for my own causes.

TimmyBoy said:
I personally think you are a bit niave. I personally would never volunteer for combat, knowing what I know now. I am for a peacetime/wartime draft that includes all segments of society, I think this is fair, but it seems that Americans don't want a draft, the volunteer army is convient for them to avoid combat, risk of death or military service, so long as they have people who are niave like you who would volunteer.

If i am naive to make a difference in this world then call me whatever you like. I call it honor and courage to serve others. It says alot about a mans character. However I do have to agree with you that I think everyone should serve sometime in the military no matter what ethnical, religious, or economical background you have. I beleive the military teaches you things that you dont learn in a classroom.

SKILMATIC said:
Well you can thank that to the good ole boys in the UN for not letting us under Clintons admin. Also we tried in Bosnia. We as the american people wanted to help, didnt you want to help? I dont quite understand why you think the american people didnt want to help these people. Who do you think was the number one contributor in the tsunami victims? Take a wild guess. Who was the number 1 contributor to all major attrocites? Take a wild guess. It is a fact that America is the most giving country in the world. Unless you can submit proof otherwise? We also tried to help in somalia. We have consistently helped in all areas we could. The ones who were at fault for not helping in certain areas are the gov not the american people. Can we at least agree on that? The poeple that died on 9/11 werent at fault for the apathy of the gov.

This doesnt seem like a argument against your perceptions on the military but on this nation as a whole. I think you have forgotten to look at the big picture. Yes america isnt perfect. No other country is either. America is the best nation on this planet and it has a chance to change for the better. But if you are going to act like the gov and be apathetic to the problems of this nation then you are no better than the people you rebuke. If we can just put all our differences aside and work together in the bettering of this country and insodoing the bettering of the rest of the world then we have made our lives here meaningful. Its not going to be easy. But at least I am going to die trying. Call me an idiot for it but I would rather die for a cause helping other people than die for my own causes.

You are not very knowledgeable of what happenned concerning Bosnia. The American people did not know what was going on and the US government was trying to force the Bosnian Muslims, who were the victims of genocide, to accept a very unfair peace deal. The US government wanted to keep the American people clueless as well. In the end, the US government did succeed in forcing the Bosnian Muslims to accept an unfair peace deal. This was accomplished during our bombing raids and intervention in Bosnia. The Dayton Peace Accords were really a sham. The American people were left with the perception that we intervened to "save the muslims" when in fact that was not it at all. We most certainly should have intervened, 3 years before we actually did intervene and both the Bush Sr and Clinton Adminstrations understood and knew full well what was going on in this country. They referred to it as a "civil war" but it was by no means a civil war and Clinton knew it. It would be like for me to call the Nazi extermination of the Jews a "civil war" and to say "that Germans and jews have hated each other for centuries, we should stay out of it." This is a good analogy of what US government officials were doing to cover up the true nature of what was going on. Not to mention hundreds of proven death camps were recorded by the UN, yet none of this information ever made it to the American people in the media outlets, but it certainly made it to the US government. To blame the UN for what happenned in Bosnia is a convient scapegoat for Clinton and his West European allies. The UN was essientially controlled by the major powers and they knew what was going on. The US could have made the UN more effective, could have easily stopped the genocide and gathered the necessary support to do so, but the US never even tried because the US never wanted to get involved in Bosnia, because their was no oil in Bosnia. We did finally get involved, but not in the manner you think we did. We intervened after the Sarajevo Marketplace bombing made world news. Their were far worse war crimes than this that were committed prior to the Sarajevo Marketplace Bombing, but what made this different was this crime, very small in comparison to the other crimes committed in Bosnia was caught on world wide TV. This put alot of political pressure on Clinton. He, therefore, had no choice but to intervene or to look like what he had been doing all along, which was appeasing the Serbs and rewarding them for their war crimes (behind the scenes diplomatically). So, the airstrikes came in and to make a long story short, we bombed the Serbs, true, but we did it in a way that benefitted and rewarded the Serbs for the geneocide and war crimes they committed. It made me realize, that I had been terribly niave in believing in the basic integrity of the US government. That duty, honor, country crap was all a sham. It made me realize that US government officials have no value for human life. It greatly disturbed me as well, because the US government was willing to accomodate evil. I began to study alot about the genocides in Rwanda and a few others. It was the same pattern of the major powers ignoring them. It seems, the only time we get involved in other countries is for oil or money, never for any good moral, high principles.

Peter Maass once said that diplomats and soldiers are like executioners and torturers, one finishing what the other had started. This was the case in Bosnia. It was a very dirty business, you as a soldier are caught up in this dirty business, a business, I do not wish to be apart of. Peter also stated that the men with pens are every bit as fascinating with the men with guns. He is absolutely correct.

TimmyBoy said:
I can't see why anybody would disagree with these poll options. These are poll options that advocate a fair solution. Why would anybody be opposed to fairness when lives are at stake?

The first two options are stupid, the third is incomprehensible.

"Vets of volunteer military who have seen direct combat get more benefits and more political power."

"More benefits" than who, and what's "more political power" mean?

TimmyBoy said:

Good for you Benedict Arnold served in the military too. Thomas Jefferson didn't, which one do you consider to be the greater patriot? Military service is not a litmus test for patriotism as you yourself have clearly proven. You can serve in the military and still be a traitor which, due to your: "America got what it deserved on 9-11," statement, you clearly are. P.S. I know a couple of marines who would love to get their hands on you, you ****ing traitor.

Last edited:
TimmyBoy said:
With freedom, rights and citizenship comes responsibility. If you are unwilling to fight for them then you should not enjoy them. If you want somebody else to fight for your rights for you, then it's only fair they enjoy more political power than yourself. The founding fathers were anti-big brother after kicking the King of England out but just about everybody was in the militia and part of the citizen army.

It's not often that I am actually offended by something on the different forums, but you've managed to do it with this one.

I am a veteran of the Army. I proudly served to help protect EVERYONE'S rights, and to protect them equally.

It is abhorrent to think that some should deserve to be "more equal" than others.

And, as for the militia and the "citizen army", from my understanding, only about a third to half of the people in this country truly wanted independence, and less than half fought for it. It was the original volunteer army in this country.

TimmyBoy said:
No, I just want a free, democratic society. An all volunteer army doesn't fit into that equation.

So you think forcing everyone to put on a uniform will make this society more free? Does "people" include "women"? What are they all going to do?

Just out of curiosity, can you explain what part of "all volunteer" you don't understand?

TimmyBoy said:
Stop Bull******** me OK? You like the all volunteer military because that way somebody else can die for you in your place. You like the all volunteer military because you don't have to pay the price, not to mention, you know full well, that the all volunteer military is used by the ruling class to make more money and not to "defend freedom" or the US.

I like the all volunteer military because it works, and because the dregs of society, on both ends, don't join. The situation suits me just fine.

Back
Top Bottom