• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

new political junkie

jobezee

Reaction score
Hi!

Well, the Canadians finally kicked me off of their site (those pesky Canuks) so I guess I'll have to save my "dogma" (their word, not mine) for........YIKES!.....American politics.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

Kicked off a board? What'd you tell them your opinion or something?

Obviously, they can't either take criticism or views unlike their own....idiots.

Welcome to debate politics, I know that this board doesn't do that.

Alright, no offense to any liberals here ( I have some liberal views myself) but the Canadian website was controlled by people who, by their own admission, were avowed Marxists. Thus, you can see why they might disagree with an American (either Republican or Democrat) point of view.

You know, I think that it is just the journalists, the academnicians, the politicans, and the other 'elitists' who seek to gain financially off of our differneces who are exploiting this whole "red state, blue state" mentality.

I think that if you asked most 'ordinary' Americans, the differences would not be so great. We are Americans, after all! Sure, we disagree with each other on certain things, but the greatest thing about American politics are our abillity to compromise with each other on difficult issues.

Sure, not everyone is going to be happy with the compromise, but (other than one time), we don't descend into civil war over our differneces. "United we stand, divided we fall." I really believe this statement.

I am a conservative Texas Democrat (a dying species here) but I love my Repulican (and Democratic) friends. We all have the same goal, the best interests of America in the world and domestically as well.

I say to my fellow Americans who live in areas that the ideaolgues have told me are 'enemies' to America (the Pacific west coast, the northeast, the upper mid-west, ect.), I respect your opinions. We can discuss our differences. Maybe the politicians in Washington can't, but WE CAN.

I truly believe, with all o heart, that the American people (no matter what their politcal affiliation) want what is best for America and what is best for the world. We're not tyrants. Granted, we have had some foriegn policies in the past (especially during the Cold War) that made us look like tyrants to the rest of the world, but I think few Americans would support tyranny and oppression just to make a buck.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm sick of the media, the academics, the so-called 'intelligent people' telling me that America is on the path to civil war. I hope this is not so. Didn't we learn anything from the 1860s?

Most Americans believe in the principals of a free society, they believe in the Constitution. Our Constitution is what holds us together, no matter what our political affiliation is. I realize that some may see this as some "idealistic college student" who doesn't know a thing about modern American politics.

I disagree. We have come through far more challanging events than those of the last decade. We will survive. I only ask that those on the extremes of either party not HATE and vilify those on the other side of the spectrum. When all else fails, we have our wounderful Constitution to concur upon.

I'm so tired of Americans fighting with each other so vehemently and so hatefully. It seems nowadays that the opposition is not only wrong, but evil.
Have we really diverged from our ideals so much? Have we really been listening to the journalists, and the politicians, and the idealogues, who don't have our best interests at heart, but only their own personal gain?

We, the people of the United States, as voters, have the ultimate power. That is something that I love about this country. We can refute the media, the politicians, and just about anyone else that gets in our way.

As a conservative Democrat, I find that I have much more in common with my liberal friends in the Northeast or West Coast, as well as my conservative allies in the South and Plains, than I do any multimillionare journalist on ABC or Fox.

Come on Americans, no matter who you support, our country's survival depends on this. There are, indeed, those in the world who seek our destruction. OUr destruction will never come from an outside source, however. The only people who are powerful enough to destroy us, is ourselves. I don't see a 'red state America' or a 'blue state America', I see America, a country born on the ideals of freedom from tyranny and monarchy...a country born on the foundations of our Constitution, which will outlive us all.

For our own survival, I beg the extreme left and extreme right of this country to find a way to comprosise. Most 'average Americans' find a way to do it everyday. Why can't the politicians and idealogues?

You know, to prove this point, I recently made a trip to New York State. They asked me where I was from. I proudly said, "Texas." Those folks didn't look at me as "the enemy." They looked at me as a friend and were curious as to Texas life. I, too, was curious as to how they lived their live in New York. Nobody would have dared asked us if we were New Yorkers or Texans. We were Americans.

Indeed, there will be those on this post who criticize what I have to say. I welcome that criticism. That is one of the fundamental values of American society. Indeed, my motto is the same as that of many other Americans, "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend your right, to the death, to say it!"

Come on, Americans, we really aren't that differnt. We share a common language for the most part, a common history, and a common ideal.

Maybe I'm so ignorant and so cynical that I can no longer believe Emma Lazarus's famous poem engraved on the Statue of Liberty:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Then again, I believe these words with all of heart.

Last edited:
As a communist, i dont see why your views should be censored. Debate between different political idealogues is not a bad thing, its constructive and should be encouraged.

We have had an influx of communists as of late - not a bad thing.

Just wondering if many of you coming from the same forum or site?

Both Jobezee and XPhile2868 could not be more on track.
Debate and discussion is what leads to change.

Back
Top Bottom