• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Police Audio Released From Kenosha Challenges Original Story

1. Were Blakes kids supposed to be in the car or was he taking them from the mother?
2. Why was Blake taking the keys of the mother and refusing to return them?
3. Why did he fight with police?
4. Why did he resist arrest and then reach into the car, where reports say he had a knife? If so he is not unarmed once he reaches into the car.

You cannot have a rational discussion because you see every shooting as police brutality and racism. The democrats never seem to realize that choices made by the suspects in these shootings have consequences and compliance to police commands would prevent this form happening.
Where is you rational part?

I am with the cops who know that what happened to Floyd and Blake was wrong and have said so. As noted elsewhere, I was in such a situation, having done nothing wrong, and nearly got myself shot due to cops who acted irresponsibly, who profiled me as a Puerto Rican hijacker.

The thing is: there were three police officers there. Three men could've wrestled him down, put the cuffs on him and thrown him in the back of the squad car.

The shooting victim is not a big man. He's average sized.

Didn't they try that? ...and taze him too?

Forget it, the OP has two goals we have to hear about on repeat.

1. Devalue Jacob Blake by any means possible.
2. Justify the police crippling an unarmed black guy for life.

Didn't he resist arrest and was trying to potentially kidnap the kids?

The thing is: there were three police officers there. Three men could've wrestled him down, put the cuffs on him and thrown him in the back of the squad car.

They evidenty tried. He put one of them in a headlock. And he was tased, twice. Dude is tough.

The video shows the knife. there have been dozens of posts where people posted the still frame showing it. The officers are heard in the video ordering him to drop the knife as he is walking away.

Sorry, no, even at the highest resolution...the video is too blurry and inaudible to be conclusive...regardless of how many times it's posted.

There is video of Floyd resisting arrest.

You have assigned motive to Floyd that clearly is not shown in the videos that exist. There is also an autopsy report stating his system was loaded with deadly fentanyl which comes from china.

https://www.usitc.gov/publications/...t_george_serletis_fentanyl_from_china_pdf.pdf
I've watched that video about 20 times. He was non-compliant and scared out of his wits. He never once tried to attack them, and he never once tried to wrestle away. You know, actual resisting arrest. Again, non-compliance is not resisting arrest. Look it up. And the fentanyl in his system is pointless, as is your mention of it. Both autopsies ruled his death a homicide, not an overdose.

Could be I guess, but it looks more like a pixelated thumb to me.

According to the cops that is. I don't take them at their word anymore.

Sorry, no, even at the highest resolution...the video is too blurry and inaudible to be conclusive...regardless of how many times it's posted.

except it isn't. We can see the knife in his hand. We can hear the police ordering him to drop it.

One fact check says Blake did not have a knife in his hand when he was shot. A knife was found on the floor of his car after he was shot. The police report does not mention finding a knife on the street where Blake was shot. NO gun was found in his car after he was shot.

Tell us your history of wrestling with someone with a knife? Be specific.

It's hard to tell in the video what he's carrying, it could be a knife...or it could be sunglasses or a set of keys...but none of the witnesses saw him carrying or brandishing a knife....and the audio is indiscernible from all the bystanders yelling. I'm sorry but the reality is that until there is more information your narrative is just unsubstantiated speculation. How inconvenient for you.

Fact check: Jacob Blake didn't 'brandish' knife in Kenosha shooting

It was not sunglasses or keys found in the car.

To be truthful about it, in Democratic cities police applicants should be required to sign a statement reading:

"I agree and on my sworn oath promise that I will allow myself to be assaulted with a deadly weapon rather than ever harming anyone. I swear on my oath I will never used deadly force to protect myself or anyone else."

Then at least they knowingly volunteered to be murdered as a job duty.

We are rapidly coming to "Don't do anything, let them go if they resist."
Give us a break. How about “Don’t shoot them in the back seven times,” or “Think about it if they say ‘I can’t breathe.’”

How about trying this. Hold the black crooks responsible?
Fair enough. Hold black (and white) crooks responsible for breaking the law. Hold white (and black) cops accountable for breaking the law. Hold Trump accountable for suggesting that all cops break the law.

Back
Top Bottom