• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New personal theory (Trump's 2020 paln)

markjs

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
IDK why nobody has thought of this, but I got to thinking, what exit strategy might this guy have? I really think this was all supposed to be a business thing, a money maker and I think he hates the job. Plus he's under so many microscopes and there is plenty of dirt to be found. The way he only thows red meat to the base, one has to wonder WTF? And I don't even think he himself is really capable of much in the way of strategy at this point.

Made me begin to suspect, he may be planning to get out, with the Mueller thing looming, this may be like sme kind of head fake, where just around the time the Democratic nomineee starts to emerge, he lets Pence run for 2020 and makes some excuse to bow out, while pre arranging pardons for those he's concerened about. Now IDK how truly likely my theory is, but I don't think it's that far fethced either and I wouldn't at all be surprised if something very similar comes off quite soon.

To be honest though, if he did make such a move, it might just be the best winning strategy for the GOP and for our side, one of the worst possible scenaios. Might also account for the relative silence and low profile Pence keeps. I still think the stench of Trump will be ll over Pence and will make it a hard battle plan even if it is what they went with.

IDK why nobody has thought of this, but I got to thinking, what exit strategy might this guy have? I really think this was all supposed to be a business thing, a money maker and I think he hates the job. Plus he's under so many microscopes and there is plenty of dirt to be found. The way he only thows red meat to the base, one has to wonder WTF? And I don't even think he himself is really capable of much in the way of strategy at this point.

Made me begin to suspect, he may be planning to get out, with the Mueller thing looming, this may be like sme kind of head fake, where just around the time the Democratic nomineee starts to emerge, he lets Pence run for 2020 and makes some excuse to bow out, while pre arranging pardons for those he's concerened about. Now IDK how truly likely my theory is, but I don't think it's that far fethced either and I wouldn't at all be surprised if something very similar comes off quite soon.

To be honest though, if he did make such a move, it might just be the best winning strategy for the GOP and for our side, one of the worst possible scenaios. Might also account for the relative silence and low profile Pence keeps. I still think the stench of Trump will be ll over Pence and will make it a hard battle plan even if it is what they went with.

Pence also has problems with the Mueller probe. Pence has been involved with a lot of the dirty dealing by Trump, including dealings with the Russians and the cover up.

At this point I don't think it is unreasonable to believe that Trump might opt not to run in 2020.

He is 73 now and has achieved his life goal after all, and if he can get one or two more of his remaining goals accomplished (border wall-immigration changes, another SCOTUS appointment) he could just rest on his laurels.

On the other hand, he is 73 now and pretty set in his ways. He might run again either because he did not get everything he wanted done, or just to spite both the Dems and RINOS.

Last edited:
Well...yeah. Pence's sole purpose in life is to pardon Trump. I'm pretty sure we all knew that.

If my theory holds any water it has to be within the next six months. Pence would need at least that much time to properly campaign. I have a feeling if this is the case, the back room deals are happening now to make this go forward. Might have been part of what the Lindsey Graham meeting was about.

Well...yeah. Pence's sole purpose in life is to pardon Trump. I'm pretty sure we all knew that.

The thing is, if I'm correct in my theory, even if the GOP lost the 2020 presidency, it could go a long way towards damage control and rebuilding and a way to totally save face, avoid their ship sinking along with Trump's. If they could pull it off, win or lose in 2020, it could be a brilliant stretegy and it could help them in the house and senate as well by untying it all from Trump. Could be a brilliant strategy if played right, depending on Pence's exposure with Mueller. Somehow I suspect Pence's exposure, if any, could well be like Hillary's (yes there is some "exposure", no, a case could never be made by a prosecutor with any reasonable chance of winning), and not damaging enough for the country to turn on him. If he lost the GOP can blame it on Trump while their candidates in the House particularly but also in the senate can distance themselves and their cmpaigns from Trump while reducing losses in both chambers.

I mean it's obviously a strategy beyond anything King Tangface could come up with, but not everyone around the guy is an idiot. I don't like Lindsey Graham, but I respect how sharp and ambitious the little prick is. There are many more like him in the GOP.

At this point I don't think it is unreasonable to believe that Trump might opt not to run in 2020.

He is 73 now and has achieved his life goal after all, and if he can get one or two more of his remaining goals accomplished (border wall-immigration changes, another SCOTUS appointment) he could just rest on his laurels.

On the other hand, he is 73 now and pretty set in his ways. He might run again either because he did not get everything he wanted done, or just to spite both the Dems and RINOS.

spite the Dems and RINO's? And I thought Trump was the RINO poster boy. How long ago was he donating money to Hillary Clinton's campaign? If he's not a RINO, who is?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this fantasy of your is just that...a fantasy.

Trump's Presidency isn't a "business thing", it's not a "money maker" and he doesn't "hate the job". Trump is President for one reason only: to "Make America Great Again". Everything he has done since his inauguration has been directed towards that.

So no...Trump won't try to find some way to get out of Office. He'll keep doing his work during this term and, I expect, he'll run for President again in 2020 to continue doing his work.

Trump has no plan, he is winging it. Haven't you noticed? His campaign was his getting back at Obama when he was ridiculed by him during the WH Press correspondents dinner back in 2011. Sure, Trump has toyed with the idea many times, even tried to run as a reformist back in, I think it was 2000, but he was never really serious about it until he got ridiculed on the national stage, that was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this fantasy of your is just that...a fantasy.

Trump's Presidency isn't a "business thing", it's not a "money maker" and he doesn't "hate the job". Trump is President for one reason only: to "Make America Great Again". Everything he has done since his inauguration has been directed towards that.

So no...Trump won't try to find some way to get out of Office. He'll keep doing his work during this term and, I expect, he'll run for President again in 2020 to continue doing his work.

Pure fantasy drivel, unsupported by any evidence; in other words, your usual.

Dismissed....:roll:

Pure fantasy drivel, unsupported by any evidence; in other words, your usual.

Dismissed....:roll:

It's supported by his actions...everything he's done.

Back
Top Bottom