• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New omicron variant is one of the most infectious diseases ever known

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Here we go again? Mask and mandates return or nothing but hype to keep us afraid? I’m thinking hype.

“A new strain of omicron coronavirus, believed to be among the most infectious diseases known to mankind, is predicted to causeanother nationwide surgei of cases during autumn.”

Here we go again? Mask and mandates return or nothing but hype to keep us afraid? I’m thinking hype.

“A new strain of omicron coronavirus, believed to be among the most infectious diseases known to mankind, is predicted to causeanother nationwide surgei of cases during autumn.”

BA.2 has been around for a couple of months now. Keep in mind that it isn't a new variant of Covid, but a variant of Omicron. Meaning that most who contracted Omicron previously will have immunity from from BA.2 as well as immunity from all previous covid variants.

BA.2 has been around for a couple of months now. Keep in mind that it isn't a new variant of Covid, but a variant of Omicron. Meaning that most who contracted Omicron previously will have immunity from from BA.2 as well as immunity from all previous covid variants.

Seems reasonable to me. I expect fear mongering on this though. A fearful population is easier to control.

New omicron variant is one of the most infectious diseases ever known​

It can be "one of the most infectious diseases ever known", and yet still be relatively harmless if you catch it. Being infectious alone isn't worrisome. Being infectious and deadly would be a concern.

Start a vaccine for it, get the booster, keep wearing a mask in public spaces.

You believe the science behind the identification and statistics on the new COVID strain is "hype"?
You do realize how silly that sounds?

one of the most infectious diseases ever known​

Hype meant to keep us afraid.

one of the most infectious diseases ever known

How did you determine it's hype and not just fact?
How did you determine it was designed to make you afraid, and not designed to inform?
Why are you scared?

And there it is. Didn’t take long did it.
This way, we know who the idiots are.

A thing like covid, at the Convergence (2020-2026, 2030.5) is just another test of the space-faring civilization, if it harbors things like the wu-han live market, then it is not wanted in space by the galactic community, so something mutates to take it out, or at least keep it down, or help to. If the race has good enough medicine, it may still attain space, but how much, before it runs out of oil, and will it make it there without a crisis, and now we got Russia AWAL, for things like the wu-han meat market and slaughterhouses and animal treatment.

I think that most Americans have been pushed to the breaking point and are now just ignoring the news about COVID.

I live in Los Angeles, where -- I believe -- the schools still require masks inside the classroom.

And most Americans will stoically continue wearing masks on forms of transportation, etc.

It's been two horrific years that have broken the spirit of a lot of people.

So I guess that they are responding by tuning out on the latest alarms.

I guess most people have adopted the "Learn to live with COVID" trend.

(Heard that even authoritarian China is once again experiencing surges in Hong Kong and other cities.)

one of the most infectious diseases ever known​

The new variant very well may be, or maybe not. Time will tell

/sarcasm on
Sounds like something Trump would say.
We all know Trump never hypes anything, right?

LetsGoTrump

"New omicron variant is one of the most infectious diseases ever known"

"A new strain of omicron coronavirus, believed to be among the most infectious diseases known to mankind, is predicted to cause another nationwide surge of cases during autumn."

I am not familiar with this source but this is nothing new or particularly alarming. It is the omicron variant to the coronavirus virus that is believed to be the most infectious. Nothing is saying this new hybrid variant is anymore or less infectious. According to what I am reading there are simply not enough cases of the new hybrid variant to determine its transmission rates or its severity.

I knew about this a couple of months ago as it was found in NY and was all over our local news:

NY Confirms 4 Cases of ‘Stealth' Omicron Variant BA.2​

Published January 27, 2022 • Updated on January 28, 2022 at 10:06 am​

I think people are wise to the manipulation that is the only real outcome of the mitigation measures that the controllers demand be used by the compliant.

How did you determine it's hype and not just fact?
How did you determine it was designed to make you afraid, and not designed to inform?
Why are you scared?
It’s hype because
“Measles is so contagious that if one person has it, up to 90% of the people close to that person who are not immune will also become infected.”

Take that Covid. lol

It’s hype because
“Measles is so contagious that if one person has it, up to 90% of the people close to that person who are not immune will also become infected.”
Take that Covid. lol

And how does that refute anything or change anything? It doesn't. Why are you threads/posts so low quality?

Seems reasonable to me. I expect fear mongering on this though. A fearful population is easier to control.
There may be a time for alarm over a new variant but this isn’t it. While it’s more contagious it’s also about as virulent as the original omicron from what I read. So many people have already had the sister variant that it’s unlikely to gain a strong foothold. Also, multivalent covid vaccines should hopefully be available by the fall providing additional protection.

And how does that refute anything or change anything? It doesn't. Why are you threads/posts so low quality?
My threads/post are of the highest caliber and someday someone will compile them into book form. This book will sit on library shelves next to Socrates, Aristotle and Plato. I honor you with my very presence. Bow in the presence of greatness.😀

There may be a time for alarm over a new variant but this isn’t it. While it’s more contagious it’s also about as virulent as the original omicron from what I read. So many people have already had the sister variant that it’s unlikely to gain a strong foothold. Also, multivalent covid vaccines should hopefully be available by the fall providing additional protection.
Heartens me to see this reaction among those who have formerly been afflicted with Covid hysteria.

My threads/post are of the highest caliber and someday someone will compile them into book form. This book will sit in library shelves next to Socrates, Aristotle and Plato. I honor you with my very presence. Bow in the presence of greatness.😀
A signed first addition copy will sit on the shelves of the George W. Bush presidential library - right next to a copy of The Pet Goat.

It’s hype because

Take that Covid. lol
So just because measles is highly contagious means it has an exclusive on being contagious?

Back
Top Bottom