• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Missouri GOP primary poll has Trump +3 and -7

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
With Nikki Haley:

38% Trump
35% DeSantis
8% Haley

Without Nikki Haley:

45% DeSantis
38% Trump

Poll was conducted Feb. 8-9 among 820 likely Republican primary voters in Missouri, by Remington Research Group for Missouri Scout, which is a Republican newspaper.

Interesting that a Nikki Haley run would cut some percentage off DeSantis ... and help Trump a bit.

On the other hand, Trump is already so weak and cannot even gather 40% anymore in a 3-way-race and it's not even 2024 yet ...

With Nikki Haley:

38% Trump
35% DeSantis
8% Haley

Without Nikki Haley:

45% DeSantis
38% Trump

Poll was conducted Feb. 8-9 among 820 likely Republican primary voters in Missouri, by Remington Research Group for Missouri Scout, which is a Republican newspaper.

Get back to us in about a year, when this might matter.

Not surprising to me that a candidate not preoccupied with culture wars and revenge politics would erode DeSantis support.

Im not surprised. Personally, I dont think Trump can win. Desantis can. And I dont miss the circus either.

DeSantis has absolutely no hurry to announce his 2024 candidacy for President right now and can wait to June or up until September.

The later, the better ... and the fewer attacks on him by Trump.

But the first filing deadlines for the early GOP primaries will come in October/November already and candidates who are serious about winning must file for the SC primary, therefore announcing their candidacy no later than October this year.

DeSantis has absolutely no hurry to announce his 2024 candidacy for President right now and can wait to June or up until September.

The later, the better ... and the fewer attacks on him by Trump.

But the first filing deadlines for the early GOP primaries will come in October/November already and candidates who are serious about winning must file for the SC primary, therefore announcing their candidacy no later than October this year.

He needs to wait to see if the Florida legislature will repeal resign to run first...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis may need some help from the state Legislature if he proceeds with a highly anticipated bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

A “resign to run” law requires state officeholders to commit to leave their positions if they run for federal office. The measure, which has been on and off the books over the past several decades, was reinstated in 2018. But Republican leaders in the GOP-dominated Legislature have expressed openness to changing or rescinding the law when they gather again in March.

Florida House Speaker Paul Renner recently told reporters that it was a “great idea” to review the law. Senate President Kathleen Passidomo similarly said that changes to the resignation requirement would be a “good idea.”

“If an individual who is a Florida governor is running for president, I think he should be allowed to do it,” she said.

Serious inquiry; how are you so well versed in US politics, given your location? This poll isn’t your first example of your level of awareness in US politics. I would dare say you are better informed than a majority of the US electorate. What is the source of your interest and what sources do you use to keep informed?

He needs to wait to see if the Florida legislature will repeal resign to run first...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis may need some help from the state Legislature if he proceeds with a highly anticipated bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

A “resign to run” law requires state officeholders to commit to leave their positions if they run for federal office. The measure, which has been on and off the books over the past several decades, was reinstated in 2018. But Republican leaders in the GOP-dominated Legislature have expressed openness to changing or rescinding the law when they gather again in March.

Florida House Speaker Paul Renner recently told reporters that it was a “great idea” to review the law. Senate President Kathleen Passidomo similarly said that changes to the resignation requirement would be a “good idea.”

“If an individual who is a Florida governor is running for president, I think he should be allowed to do it,” she said.

I think this should be a requirement from the local to the federal level. You cannot discharge your duties trying to run for another office.

He needs to wait to see if the Florida legislature will repeal resign to run first..
They will. The FL GOP legislators are disgustingly devoted to this guy. He is a dictator.

Those who attempt coups should not be allowed to run again.

Serious inquiry; how are you so well versed in US politics, given your location? This poll isn’t your first example of your level of awareness in US politics. I would dare say you are better informed than a majority of the US electorate. What is the source of your interest and what sources do you use to keep informed?

As I have posted before, I graduated with an A+ in my Austrian high school as a 17-year old (as a German speaker), but in English class on the topic of "American Politics" and especially on the "2004 Presidential election between Bush & Kerry" at the time ... and since have been very interested in US politics.

PS: I use all kinds of sources, from the newspapers to CNN to state election websites from the Secretary of States etc., Wikipedia, Real Clear Politics, the projection and rating websites and so forth.

Im not surprised. Personally, I dont think Trump can win. Desantis can. And I dont miss the circus either.
But unfortunately for the Gov of DeSantistan, Donnie HAS TO RUN. He has no choice. Hence if the GOP does not nominate LOSER Donnie, he will run Independent and take his chances.

Poor GOP, the chickens have not even begun to come home to roost and they are already fugged right in the ass.

But unfortunately for the Gov of DeSantistan, Donnie HAS TO RUN. He has no choice. Hence if the GOP does not nominate LOSER Donnie, he will run Independent and take his chances.

Poor GOP, the chickens have not even begun to come home to roost and they are already fugged right in the ass.
Maybe. But it might be difficult for him to get on the ballot in alot of states if the primary isnt decided until summer of 2024

Not surprising to me that a candidate not preoccupied with culture wars and revenge politics would erode DeSantis support.
Huh?

Maybe. But it might be difficult for him to get on the ballot in alot of states if the primary isnt decided until summer of 2024
Won't matter....Donnie has to run and given how divided the country is now, it won't take many states for Donnie to tip the scales such the he insures a loss for him and whomever the GOP is running.

Donnie HAS to run and there is an expiration date on DeSantis. He is going hell bent for leather to prove his is the Neo-Donnie. If he has to wait another four years past 2024, the bill will come due on Floridians for his BULLSHIT and then he is done too.

Last edited:
Get back to us in about a year, when this might matter.
Two years ago I don't think people would have predicted that Trump would, 1) have announced his candidacy, and 2) be neck to neck with a Republican rival.

The 2024 election is bearing down on us very, very fast.

The more the Desantos history and agenda becomes nationally conveyed, the more his approval rating will start to decline.

DeSantis isn't preoccupied with those issues; looney lefties are preoccupied with DeSantis.

Two years ago I don't think people would have predicted that Trump would, 1) have announced his candidacy, and 2) be neck to neck with a Republican rival.

The 2024 election is bearing down on us very, very fast.
Suit yourself. It's only 631 days to Election Day. :cool:

With Nikki Haley:

38% Trump
35% DeSantis
8% Haley

Without Nikki Haley:

45% DeSantis
38% Trump

Back
Top Bottom