• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Mississippi State Flag being voted upon

Felis Leo

Moral clarity is needed
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
It appears Mississippi has a winner for their flag design proposals. I have to say, way to go to Old Miss. A beautiful flag for a beautiful state:

flag-4.jpeg

I hope they choose this one. What are everyone else’s thoughts?

Last edited:
Colorado has the best state flag.

But this one looks nice.

I see nothing visibly distasteful.

I think it looks good.

Well if they choose it, it will be one of the top five best-looking state flags, hands down.

Well if they choose it, it will be one of the top five best-looking state flags, hands down.

Without looking, I am guessing the blossom is A magnolia; what are your other four?

In no particular order, mine would be :

VA

AZ

AK

AR

CA

Last edited:
Could be worse.

I prefer that one to the other one that was a finalist.

They should go with the mosquito flag.....

It appears Mississippi has a winner for their flag design proposals. I have to say, way to go to Old Miss. A beautiful flag for a beautiful state:

flag-4.jpeg

I like it. The magnolia blossom is a lovely representation of everything good about the South. I also like the South Carolina Palmetto flag.

flag-4.jpeg

At least they didn't do what Georgia did and just add their state coat of arms to the confederate stars and bars flag.

What do people think about the 'In God we trust' slogan added at the bottom of the banner?

What do people think about the 'In God we trust' slogan added at the bottom of the banner?

“..........all others pay cash.”

At least they didn't do what Georgia did and just add their state coat of arms to the confederate stars and bars flag.

There are a lot of flags like that. I hate lazy heraldry.

No one trusts in God?

“In the three boats story, a man is floating alone in an ocean without a life jacket when a boat passes by. "Get in. I'll save you," the boatman says. "Oh, no, it's fine," the floating man answers, "I'm putting my faith in the Lord." In time, two more boats come along, and to each rescuer the man - usually me, in Wade's telling - says, "No, no, I'm putting my faith in the Lord." Eventually, and it isn't very long in coming, the man drowns. Yet when he stands up to meet his Maker at the fated spot where some rejoice but many more cower, his Maker looks sternly down and says, "You're a fool. You're assigned to hell forever. Go there now." To which the drowned man says, "But your honor, I put my faith in you. You promised to save me." "Save you!?" fearsome God shouts from misty marmoreal heights. "Save you? Save you?" God thunders. "I sent you three boats!” - Richard Ford

Everyone's taste is different. For me I best like AZ and NM.

My least favorite is Maryland. What the hell is that?

us-state-flag-vectors.jpg

A flag bearing a bloodsucker would do well for a Liberal state.

Good grief, your state has a bowling ball with three star shaped finger holes. Really.

Back
Top Bottom