• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Mississippi State Flag being voted upon

Everyone's taste is different. For me I best like AZ and NM.

My least favorite is Maryland. What the hell is that?

I've always liked NM's flag. I'm also partial to TN's flag since that's my home state. The new Mississippi flag is pretty good too! I'm impressed!

It appears Mississippi has a winner for their flag design proposals. I have to say, way to go to Old Miss. A beautiful flag for a beautiful state:

flag-4.jpeg

I hope they choose this one. What are everyone else’s thoughts?

I hope they vote to keep the current flag so the Liberals start screaming about how the US isn't a democracy and it can't be allowed to stand...lol.

Like prop 8 in California: it was democratically voted down, but the Leftists weren't going to go with that ****...lol.

Edit: I just noticed it says "God". :lamo

I've always liked NM's flag. I'm also partial to TN's flag since that's my home state. The new Mississippi flag is pretty good too! I'm impressed!

They definitely came up with a better alternative this time.

I find that people who have to advertise how much they love their god tend to be the least Christian.

I'm sure some poor parent's basement-dwelling ***** will find something wrong with it.

It has "In God We Trust". The ACLU is already spinning up a law suit.

It has "In God We Trust". The ACLU is already spinning up a law suit.

If it said “In Allah We Trust,” would you love the flag?

Everyone's taste is different. For me I best like AZ and NM.

My least favorite is Maryland. What the hell is that?

View attachment 67293891

Maryland's flag is a mashup of a couple of family coats of arms.

Most state flags are nothing more than the state seal on a bed sheet. Not very imaginative.

Maryland's flag is a mashup of a couple of family coats of arms.

Most state flags are nothing more than the state seal on a bed sheet. Not very imaginative.

God, don't remind me. Looking at the state flags of Connecticut, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin all look like they were designed by the same person. Only Indiana and Oklahoma's flags look nice out of the lot. Maybe Louisiana too, because at least it departs a bit from the others in terms of color and it's a huge pelican.

Well, if you can't have a flag that tells everyone what a racist traitor you are, at the very least make sure you have one that reminds everyone how much you want to force your religion on them.

Well, if you can't have a flag that tells everyone what a racist traitor you are, at the very least make sure you have one that reminds everyone how much you want to force your religion on them.

I used to say the same things when I was an ardent Christopher Hitchens follower and of a far more anti-theistic bent, but then I realized that flags and monetary symbols referring to God do not hurt me in the slightest.

I used to say the same things when I was an ardent Christopher Hitchens follower and of a far more anti-theistic bent, but then I realized that flags and monetary symbols referring to God do not hurt me in the slightest.

I beg to differ. Wasting space on a flag or on our money for a meaningless, divisive platitude absolutely is harmful, especially when that space could be used for something positive.

How about: "Love thy neighbor." That should make the Bible-thumpers happy and still send a positive message to everyone, religious or not.

I beg to differ. Wasting space on a flag or on our money for a meaningless, divisive platitude absolutely is harmful, especially when that space could be used for something positive.

How about: "Love thy neighbor." That should make the Bible-thumpers happy and still send a positive message to everyone, religious or not.

It's Mississippi. They might take "love thy neighbor" a little too literally.

Perhaps. But I think it should be left to the people and representatives of Mississippi to make the decision as to what they consider positive or divisive. If you are a citizen of Mississippi, you can make your feelings heard through your state and local representatives and vote against the change to the flag this November.

Back
Top Bottom