• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Mexico Takes a Stab at Nullifying the Constitution (Homo Impositionus)

August 25, 2013
By Tom Trinko
American Thinker

The New Mexico Supreme Court has ruled that the First Amendments does not apply to people who work for a living.

The First Amendment says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Given that a person exercises his religion by living his life in harmony with his beliefs, any attempt by government to force people to commit sins is a clear and direct repudiation of the targeted individual's First Amendment rights.

Nonetheless, the New Mexico Supreme Court has found that a photographer who declined to photograph a gay "wedding" was at fault. One judge said:

[Some people] now are compelled by law to compromise the very religious beliefs that inspire their lives. Though the rule of law requires it, the result is sobering. It will no doubt leave a tangible mark on the Huguenins and others of similar views.

... t is the price of citizenship.

The flaws in this reasoning are so great that one cannot help but wonder if this is an explicit attempt to overthrow the Constitution.

The first glaring error is the Court's assumption that the New Mexico state legislature can make laws unconstrained by the constitutional rights of the citizens of New Mexico.

Read more: Articles: New Mexico Takes a Stab at Nullifying the Constitution
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

The imbecilic left is at it again, imposing its morality, such as it is, on others, and once again, in violation of the imperatives of commonsense and decency, natural and constitutional law.

View attachment 67152598

uhm actually they upheld their state constitution and laws, you seem misinformed
28-1-7. Unlawful discriminatory practice.

It is an unlawful discriminatory practice for:

F. any person in any public accommodation to make a distinction, directly or indirectly, in offering or refusing to offer its services, facilities, accommodations or goods to any person because of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, spousal affiliation or physical or mental handicap, provided that the physical or mental handicap is unrelated to a person's ability to acquire or rent and maintain particular real property or housing accommodation;

- See more at: Section 28-1-7 - Unlawful discriminatory practice. - New Mexico Statutes

the problem is instead of just making something up they admitted they want to discriminate against gays and that is against the law.

You're right it's impossible to avoid them entirely, but it is possible to minimize those interactions and the amount of money one puts in their hands.

Like I said your morals aren't absolute and at some point they may not align with reality and the Law for that matter; you can avoid business you don't like and that's fine, but if you're a business and you're open to the public, then your open to the entire public. Doing otherwise is just bad business practice.

Like I said your morals aren't absolute and at some point they may not align with reality and the Law for that matter; you can avoid business you don't like and that's fine, but if you're a business and you're open to the public, then your open to the entire public. Doing otherwise is just bad business practice.

Which is why I would never own or operate a business in this country. My soul is more imports t to me than profits.

Which is why I would never own or operate a business in this country. My soul is more imports t to me than profits.

That's your prerogative; however reality remains

Back
Top Bottom