• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Mexico Takes a Stab at Nullifying the Constitution (Homo Impositionus)

... and this is exactly the sort of thing some of us were warning would happen... and people laughed and said we were crazy, no one would ever be FORCED to participate in a gay wedding...

Oh well. Guess we weren't so crazy after all.

LOL! America is a capitalist nation, so I guess we have no morals? After all we sell alcohol tobacco, sex etc..

It's not the Capitalism that makes this nation immoral. It's the sex, drugs, and lack of values that does that.

LDo you have a 401k or similar retirement account? If you do, and most Americans do, you'll find that you own an interest in companies that probably violate your morals..

Nope. No such investments.

August 25, 2013
By Tom Trinko
American Thinker

The New Mexico Supreme Court has ruled that the First Amendments does not apply to people who work for a living.

The First Amendment says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Given that a person exercises his religion by living his life in harmony with his beliefs, any attempt by government to force people to commit sins is a clear and direct repudiation of the targeted individual's First Amendment rights.

Nonetheless, the New Mexico Supreme Court has found that a photographer who declined to photograph a gay "wedding" was at fault. One judge said:

[Some people] now are compelled by law to compromise the very religious beliefs that inspire their lives. Though the rule of law requires it, the result is sobering. It will no doubt leave a tangible mark on the Huguenins and others of similar views.

... t is the price of citizenship.

The flaws in this reasoning are so great that one cannot help but wonder if this is an explicit attempt to overthrow the Constitution.

The first glaring error is the Court's assumption that the New Mexico state legislature can make laws unconstrained by the constitutional rights of the citizens of New Mexico.

Read more: Articles: New Mexico Takes a Stab at Nullifying the Constitution
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

The imbecilic left is at it again, imposing its morality, such as it is, on others, and once again, in violation of the imperatives of commonsense and decency, natural and constitutional law.

View attachment 67152598

Like I said in the other thread on this, the answer is to start suing gays for not patronizing your business. After all, what's fair for one is fair for the other.

... and this is exactly the sort of thing some of us were warning would happen... and people laughed and said we were crazy, no one would ever be FORCED to participate in a gay wedding...

I think you mean crazy homophobic assholes. Oh well, I like being called names only to be proven right later. It actually happens pretty often now that I think of it.

Not at all. I'll be dead before it makes any difference.

Unless you have $0.0 to your name then somewhere along the chain you either invest in, deal with or interact with a business that could be deemed to violate your morals...you can't escape the tentacles of reality!

Like I said in the other thread on this, the answer is to start suing gays for not patronizing your business. After all, what's fair for one is fair for the other.
Please try. I'd love to see that.

Churches, not businesses. The rules are different.

I can guarantee you that if I owned a business in NM I'd be the first one to sue someone who boycotted me.
Wonderful, if that is you could find an attorney willing to file a case that the court would toss out in ten seconds with prejudice. When when paid most attorneys don't want to look that stupid.

Unless you have $0.0 to your name then somewhere along the chain you either invest in, deal with or interact with a business that could be deemed to violate your morals...you can't escape the tentacles of reality!

You're right it's impossible to avoid them entirely, but it is possible to minimize those interactions and the amount of money one puts in their hands.

Churches, not businesses. The rules are different.

I've heard an interesting suggestion - Private businesses that only interact with those of a like mind. Not sure how that would work out in today's societal model, but it sounds like a hell of an idea to me.

I've heard an interesting suggestion - Private businesses that only interact with those of a like mind. Not sure how that would work out in today's societal model, but it sounds like a hell of an idea to me.
I'm not surprised, and it wouldn't.

I can't refuse service to someone for being black or being Christian. Apparently this bothers the OP immensely.

You don't get to run your business by different rules just because you're a right-wing Christian.

Yes you do. You get to choose with whom you will do business and with whom you will not no matter who you are. If government starts deciding who businesses will deal with who they will not, we are all in very serious trouble.

Yes you do. You get to choose with whom you will do business and with whom you will not no matter who you are. If government starts deciding who businesses will deal with who they will not, we are all in very serious trouble.
If your business caters to the public, you are incorrect. Look up the law used in this case.

Civil_Rights-1960-sit-in-at-Woolworth-lu.jpg

If your business caters to the public, you are incorrect. Look up the law used in this case.

I'm suggesting that the law is unconstitutional and bad in every sense.

You're out of your mind. This is a serious, utterly unacceptably violation of natural and constitutional law. It renders the First Amendment utterly meaningless. What's wrong with you? Christians are not going to stand for this or obey it! This is a Christians need not apply offense!

Doh!

I dont think all Christians are opposed to gay marriage. Just the one's who take a more literal and life defining meaning from the bible. You speak like all Christians have the same view and outlook... I agree this is a ridiculous case though.

Back
Top Bottom