• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New Legislation outlawing Port deals

easyt65

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
There is news out that several (D) Senators are submitting legislation to ban UAE from being allowed to buy the UK Company even if they are found NOT to be a threat at the end of 45 days.
- Bad business snubbing friends in war on terror?
- Racial profiling in business/racism?

There is also news that several other Senators are writing legislation that would prevent anyforeign goverment to have any control of our ports. THAT would mean, I believe, that the 40% of U.S. Ports whose operations are run by foreign countries (like China, Singapore, etc) would have to be closed while new U.S. companies were created to take over!? :shock: :confused:
Then again, maybe they will write the legislation directed solely at muslim countries.....

Which would mean if you buy missile technology that enables you to finally strike the U.S. with your nukes and you are the leading foreign spy against the u.S. (like China), you can still run our ports etc, but you can forget it if you are a Muslim country?!

OK, sarcasm mode off - if anyone knows more about this news, which I saw quickly broadcast on the news, please fill me/us in. I am really interested in finding out what exactly these pieces of legislation are about......

easyt65 said:
There is news out that several (D) Senators are submitting legislation to ban UAE from being allowed to buy the UK Company even if they are found NOT to be a threat at the end of 45 days.

The Congress and this government has no authority to do any such thing.

Stinger said:
The Congress and this government has no authority to do any such thing.

I would concur that our government cannot bar this deal. In the same breath, I was relieved to hear Thursday (sorry I was away all weekend so this has probably already been dissected) that the port deal is slowed. I am not sure I want the deal killed, as it could very well turn out to be a good deal, but I'd at least like to study the thing before I can make a firm judgement on it.

I gotta say, I simply love seeing the hypocrisy of the democratic party leadership, & the media with regards to this pending Port sale deal.

Amazing, ..the democrats have to be brought kicking, & screaming into understanding terror threats, ..& now the democratic party is out saying that the port sale to the UAE would be irresponsible?? Huh huh...leave it to the democrats, ..& their media allies!

The democratic party that even had some opining that there really was never any terror threat, & that Bush might have even created 9/11 himself??

Not to mention the fact that many within the democratic party leadership actually believed Bush was "inventing" arab/muslim terrorists?

The democrats acted recklessley by trying to even suggest that terrorists be granted "constitutional" rights?

Yeah right, ..lets trust the democrats with national security! Huh huh....those that blame America first, those that indict its own soldiers for war crimes, & torture, those that refuse to fund the war in Iraq, those that enjoy seeing the rising body bag count in Iraq so it can continue to politicize the war in Iraq.;)

Back
Top Bottom