• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Kremlin propaganda guide compares the Ukraine war with WW1

joluoto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

‘Standing up for the oppressed’ The Kremlin’s newest propaganda guide suggests likening Russia’s invasion of Ukraine to the First World War

A few pointers that makes this comparison really bad.
1) Russia lost WW1.
2) They try to make it as if Russia fought the West in WW1, they didn't, they were allied with the West, as in Britain and France. They fought the Central Powers: Germany, Austria- Hungary and the Ottoman Empire (also Bulgaria, but the Russians weren't really inolved on that front).

‘Standing up for the oppressed’ The Kremlin’s newest propaganda guide suggests likening Russia’s invasion of Ukraine to the First World War

1) Russia lost WW1.
2) They try to make it as if Russia fought the West in WW1, they didn't, they were allied with the West, as in Britain and France. They fought the Central Powers: Germany, Austria- Hungary and the Ottoman Empire (also Bulgaria, but the Russians weren't really inolved on that front).
Yes, the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk. Haven't thought about that one in a long time. Nice catch.

Under the treaty, Russia lost nearly all of Ukraine, and the three Baltic republics were ceded to Germany. In the treaty, Russia ceded to Germany hegemony over Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia (so called Baltic governorates in Russian Empire); these countries were meant to become German vassal states under German princelings.[3] Russia also ceded its province of Kars in the South Caucasus to the Ottoman Empire, and recognized the independence of Ukraine. According to historian Spencer Tucker, "The German General Staff had formulated extraordinarily harsh terms that shocked even the German negotiator."[4] Congress Poland was not mentioned in the treaty, as Germans refused to recognize the existence of any Polish representatives, which in turn led to Polish protests.[5] When Germans later complained that the 1919 Treaty of Versailles in the West was too harsh on them, the Allied Powers responded that it was more benign than the terms imposed by the Brest-Litovsk treaty.[6]

The treaty was annulled by the Armistice of 11 November 1918,[7] when Germany surrendered to the western Allies. However, in the meantime it did provide some relief to the Bolsheviks, already fighting the Russian Civil War (1917–1922) following the Russian Revolutions of 1917, by the renunciation of Russia's claims on Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

It is considered the first diplomatic treaty ever filmed.[8]

After so many decades of propaganda, the average russian is almost subhumanly stupid on this topic, in my opinion.

They're almost comically illogical. They might be great in engineering or gardening or plumbing or whatever. But ask them about russia compared with the world, and their inflated view of their home as a superpower will make one laugh or feel confused, because russia is a backwards place. America in the 1970s kicks the living shit out of Russia in 2022.

To be fair, many russians know that russia is a shithole. I am sure that many dream one day of becoming Americans.

On the other hand, almost no Americans have ever dreamed of becoming russians.

1) Russia lost WW1.

1 I dont get your point. How is Russia having lost WWI invalidate comparison of Ukrainian Special Military Operation to WWI?

And how is Russia writing its own history propaganda? Who should write Russian history for them, the west? Will you stand a history that has Russians as humans? Or should Russians settle for depiction as barbarians, rapists, looter, mass murderers:)?

1 I dont get your point. How is Russia having lost WWI invalidate comparison of Ukrainian Special Military Operation to WWI?

And how is Russia writing its own history propaganda? Who should write Russian history for them, the west? Will you stand a history that has Russians as humans? Or should Russians settle for depiction as barbarians, rapists, looter, mass murderers:)?

The invasion of Ukraine.

And the Russians have earned the titles of barbarians, rapists, looter, mass murderers...

Buka, Mariapol, etc.

After so many decades of propaganda, the average russian is almost subhumanly stupid on this topic, in my opinion.

They're almost comically illogical. They might be great in engineering or gardening or plumbing or whatever. But ask them about russia compared with the world, and their inflated view of their home as a superpower will make one laugh or feel confused, because russia is a backwards place. America in the 1970s kicks the living shit out of Russia in 2022.

To be fair, many russians know that russia is a shithole. I am sure that many dream one day of becoming Americans.

On the other hand, almost no Americans have ever dreamed of becoming russians.
Hmm, are you the one that i have seen in the Ukraine war thread? Some posters there seem to want to make the US into "little Russia"....

You mean that they will lose, make a terrible treaty where they concede to refrain from territory and will be saved by the west tearing up the agreement?

The Russian military is showing the world exactly what it is. A criminal/war-criminal organization.
Hmm, how strange, I was not the one writing that post and now it is gone so I can't see who did...

Very strange. (and actually makes me feel uncomfortable)

Hmm, how strange, I was not the one writing that post and now it is gone so I can't see who did...

It was that guy I tend to ignore, the Putin stan with a user name similar to yours.

Actually that was a Juin quote.

Have no idea how your name was inserted.

You mean that they will lose, make a terrible treaty where they concede to refrain from territory and will be saved by the west tearing up the agreement?

Russia may lose; losing is always an outcome in war. But why quarrel with Russia over their history? They must accept the western version?

Russia may lose; losing is always an outcome in war. But why quarrel with Russia over their history? They must accept the western version?
Sometimes it is not about versions, just facts.

Yes, the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk. Haven't thought about that one in a long time. Nice catch.
That and more:

There were American boots in Russia against the Russians!
There have never been Russian boots in America against the Americans! Perhaps that should change!
You are really talking about the Americans, the Poles and those in the Baltics. ;)

There were American boots in Russia against the Russians!

Folks, it is not anything untoward as Nilhus is painting it. Read the article for yourself.

And Nilhus is not from Sweden, he is using a VPN. His location shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

Folks, it is not anything untoward as Nilhus is painting it. Read the article for yourself.

And Nilhus is not from Sweden, he is using a VPN. His location shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

It's obvious to everyone, as you point out, that he argues like every russian whose brain has been jackhammered for decades by russian news.

They all argue in virtually the same way, apparently oblivious of the stupidity of their claims.

An entire nation in which critical thinking and logic have been smothered by propaganda and whataboutism.

Thank God the rest of us got a first-world education. At least we had a chance.

Never really considered Nihilus as a Gustav Adolf, neither as a Carl Guatav, maybe as a Sven Dufva, but that's generous.

Sometimes it is not about versions, just facts.

You have time after time promoted an image of the demonic Russian. That is not fact. That is your version!

It was that guy I tend to ignore, the Putin stan with a user name similar to yours.

That will be me. I do defend Putin and Russia/Russians. Russians are no more demons than you are an angel. Compris?

Troll with >2000 anti-Russia topics(full time job not hard to guess who's the employer), the article(from a CIA outlet) says exactly what I said:

The Americans invaded Russia and fought against Russians(yes, the bolsheviks were Russians) on Russian soil!!!!!!

Some excerpts from that article:

A U.S. soldier scans the Russian forest for Bolshevik fighters.

Wilson was reluctant to wade into a civil war between the Bolshevik militia and Russia's White Army -- a motley grouping of fighters opposed to Lenin's revolution. Nevertheless, U.S. troops were almost immediately thrust into battle by the British officers who commanded them.

[...]

One American was less enthusiastic about his Canadian comrades in arms (pictured) and recalled that after a battle some had passed among the Bolshevik dead "like ghoulish things, stripping bodies of everything valuable...with astounding glee, like schoolboys on a hilarious holiday.... They were generous-hearted, hardy, whole-souled murderers."

[...]

A U.S. outpost in the wilderness of Russia's Far North.

In November 1918, U.S. forces who'd been fired upon from the village of Upper Tulgas drove the villagers out of the settlement and burned it to the ground. A sergeant later wrote, "My heart ached to have the women fall down and kiss my hand and beg me not to do it...but orders is orders."

[...]

Fresh American graves in Russia.

In 1919, a U.S. commander said to his superiors: "The morale of any force depends a great deal on the rank and file knowing for what they are fighting...the men have gone through hardships and fighting cheerfully, but will soon begin to say among themselves, 'Why are we here?' It is my business to answer that question, and I cannot."

So... yeah, that's the Western subhuman filth invading Russia!

Not to speak of the permanent murderous warmongering by America: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_armed_conflicts_involving_the_United_States

It would be suicidal for Russia to allow Ukraine to become an outpost for the West/America!

They all argue in virtually the same way, apparently oblivious of the stupidity of their claims.
Just look at yourself! You are not able to articulate even one proper, logical counter-argument, you're just acting like the vermin in Washington: launching ad-hominem attacks, making false accusations and so on!
whataboutism.
This is a propaganda term invented by the Americans as a fake defense against their hypocrisy, murderous behavior and stupidity - which are indefensible! A nation that breaks a lot of rules cannot ask another nation not break similar rules by screaming "whataboutism" as it would gain unfair advantages to itself by being the sole breaker of the rules!

Troll with >2000 anti-Russia topics(full time job not hard to guess who's the employer), the article(from a CIA outlet) says exactly what I said:

The Americans invaded Russia and fought against Russians(yes, the bolsheviks were Russians) on Russian soil!!!!!!

Some excerpts from that article:

A U.S. soldier scans the Russian forest for Bolshevik fighters.

Wilson was reluctant to wade into a civil war between the Bolshevik militia and Russia's White Army -- a motley grouping of fighters opposed to Lenin's revolution. Nevertheless, U.S. troops were almost immediately thrust into battle by the British officers who commanded them.

[...]

One American was less enthusiastic about his Canadian comrades in arms (pictured) and recalled that after a battle some had passed among the Bolshevik dead "like ghoulish things, stripping bodies of everything valuable...with astounding glee, like schoolboys on a hilarious holiday.... They were generous-hearted, hardy, whole-souled murderers."

[...]

A U.S. outpost in the wilderness of Russia's Far North.

In November 1918, U.S. forces who'd been fired upon from the village of Upper Tulgas drove the villagers out of the settlement and burned it to the ground. A sergeant later wrote, "My heart ached to have the women fall down and kiss my hand and beg me not to do it...but orders is orders."

[...]

Fresh American graves in Russia.

In 1919, a U.S. commander said to his superiors: "The morale of any force depends a great deal on the rank and file knowing for what they are fighting...the men have gone through hardships and fighting cheerfully, but will soon begin to say among themselves, 'Why are we here?' It is my business to answer that question, and I cannot."

So... yeah, that's the Western subhuman filth invading Russia!

Not to speak of the permanent murderous warmongering by America: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_armed_conflicts_involving_the_United_States

It would be suicidal for Russia to allow Ukraine to become an outpost for the West/America!

Just look at yourself! You are not able to articulate even one proper, logical counter-argument, you're just acting like the vermin in Washington: launching ad-hominem attacks, making false accusations and so on!

This is a propaganda term invented by the Americans as a fake defense against their hypocrisy, murderous behavior and stupidity - which are indefensible! A nation that breaks a lot of rules cannot ask another nation not break similar rules by screaming "whataboutism" as it would gain unfair advantages to itself by being the sole breaker of the rules!

Soviet style Whataboutism.....

You can laugh all you want, Russia can't let such a murderous and warmongering nation install military bases in its backyard! America's criminal history(what you call "whataboutism") proves that it is a huge danger to everyone, but especially to Russia - which already is a victim of American and Western aggression! It's more than enough to have rabid dogs like Poland and the Baltics which should have been prevented from joining nato, but drunkard Yeltsin was surrounded by cia agents that manipulated him into doing very stupid things.

Back
Top Bottom