• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Jersey's Christie Vetoes Medicaid Expansion Bill

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie on Friday vetoed a bill that attempted to make the state's expansion of Medicaid eligibility permanent under the healthcare law known as Obamacare, his office said on Friday.

2013-06-28T234624Z_1_CBRE95R1U1G00_RTROPTP_2_USA-OBAMA-CHRISTIE.JPG

Christie's office announced he vetoed eight bills that "would add potentially hundreds of millions of dollars to state and local budgets." He also signed a $32.9 billion budget and three other bills, his office said in a statement.

Christie, a critic of Obamacare, said in February he would accept federal money to expand Medicaid in New Jersey, and the state budget he signed on Friday included $227 million in such funds.

Democrats in the state Senate and Assembly had passed a bill seeking to make that Medicaid expansion permanent, but Christie vetoed it, a spokesman for the governor said.....snip~

New Jersey's Christie vetoes Medicaid expansion bill

Well lookie here.....notice what the Democrats are doing with Obamacare. Pushing to make the medicaid expansion Permanent in states . I would look for them to do so in other states as well. Hopefully Other Republican governors will keep an eye out and do the same as Christie, should the Demos fall back to their usual tactics.

So what do any of our NJ members think?

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie on Friday vetoed a bill that attempted to make the state's expansion of Medicaid eligibility permanent under the healthcare law known as Obamacare, his office said on Friday.

2013-06-28T234624Z_1_CBRE95R1U1G00_RTROPTP_2_USA-OBAMA-CHRISTIE.JPG

Christie's office announced he vetoed eight bills that "would add potentially hundreds of millions of dollars to state and local budgets." He also signed a $32.9 billion budget and three other bills, his office said in a statement.

Christie, a critic of Obamacare, said in February he would accept federal money to expand Medicaid in New Jersey, and the state budget he signed on Friday included $227 million in such funds.

Democrats in the state Senate and Assembly had passed a bill seeking to make that Medicaid expansion permanent, but Christie vetoed it, a spokesman for the governor said.....snip~

New Jersey's Christie vetoes Medicaid expansion bill

Well lookie here.....notice what the Democrats are doing with Obamacare. Pushing to make the medicaid expansion Permanent in states . I would look for them to do so in other states as well. Hopefully Other Republican governors will keep an eye out and do the same as Christie, should the Demos fall back to their usual tactics.

So what do any of our NJ members think?

According to the article, I think Christie did the right thing.... making it permanent would put them under obligation to the feds, regardless of what they did to the matching funds, which could leave NJ hanging if they stopped matching funds altogether.

I hope other states also consider this possibility if they do the Medicaid expansion.

According to the article, I think Christie did the right thing.... making it permanent would put them under obligation to the feds, regardless of what they did to the matching funds, which could leave NJ hanging if they stopped matching funds altogether.

I hope other states also consider this possibility if they do the Medicaid expansion.

They definitely need to.....and to knock as much as they can out of Obamacare itself. Screw his 15 man panel. He is still having trouble with that on both sides. I hope they can force Obama back on that one. Same deal on that Medical Device tax which affects research.

North Carolina has done this as well.

North Carolina has done this as well.

Heya Storm. :2wave: Lets hope more and more keep on doing so. Course the Left doesn't like seeing their Obamacare whittled down to nothing. But I guess that's what they will have to live with. As Obamacare will not be left standing as is.

At least Christie didn't backwalk around what he said with Obamacare this time.

Back
Top Bottom