• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Jersey becomes second state in nation to require that schools teach LGBT history

I think WHAT? Really? We don't have better things to teach? To me this is the equivalent of teaching about the bible in school. No place for it. How about we just stop demonizing people not 'like us'? Wouldn't that be a lot easier?

If we are talking about teaching the history of LGBT rights and their own civil rights struggles then that makes sense. But just teaching about accomplishments of people who happened to be LGBT solely because they are LGBT? That seems silly to me. If the accomplishment is already taught as historically significant, like the accomplishments of Alan Turing, THEN it makes since to bring it up.

Will they be covering the MAJOR PUBLIC HEALTH THREAT that MALE HOMOSEXUALITY POSES...per the CDC?

Being GAY is, in NO WAY, any less HEALTHY than BEING straight. YOU should LEARN what THE **** you are TALKING about.

The should make the history of left-handers a requirement - far more lefties out there than LGBTers. :cool:

Left handers are kinda sinister tho~

If we are talking about teaching the history of LGBT rights and their own civil rights struggles then that makes sense. But just teaching about accomplishments of people who happened to be LGBT solely because they are LGBT? That seems silly to me. If the accomplishment is already taught as historically significant, like the accomplishments of Alan Turing, THEN it makes since to bring it up.

I tend to agree and it seems thats what they are doing, adding it to curriculum already being taught but making sure LGBT members are included and included by name. Its based on teaching accurate history and knowledge of key historical people and a secondary bonus of hoping to curtail bullying based on LBGT issues.

If thats whats going on it sounds great to me . . "requirement" seems a little strong but based on my ignorance of the issue maybe requirement is what was needed to ensure it happens?? . . .dont know how much resistance there was to it or anything like that and i do know bullying based on LBGT is a definite issue.

heres some more stories on it

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/us/new-jersey-lgbt-disability-curriculum-trnd/index.html
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...chools-teach-lgbt-history-new-law/2749212002/
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...s-lgbtq-inclusive-curriculum-bill-law-n965806
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ll-requiring-lgbtq-inclusive-school-curricula

There are some pretty important people who where gay, and mentioning that is not out of line. Da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, Sally Ride, Tennessee Williams, Walt Whitman and others. The devil is in the details on whether the law will be implemented well or poorly.

There are some pretty important people who where gay, and mentioning that is not out of line. Da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, Sally Ride, Tennessee Williams, Walt Whitman and others. The devil is in the details on whether the law will be implemented well or poorly.

How could this law be implemented poorly? What could be the tragic results?

Excellent decision on the part of New Jersey.

Maybe if more states had similar classes, there would be less verbal/physical gay bashing in our country.

Excellent decision on the part of New Jersey.

Maybe if more states had similar classes, there would be less verbal/physical gay bashing in our country.

With Trump in office? LOL

We cannot come together when the President pushes us apart, no matter what is taught where.

Holy hellfire man-boy love, Crapman, the tribal natives are taking over our churches and schools now. What will be the dirty perverted gutter sex end of these things?

LOL

Yeah, it's the end of the world.

You Trumpets are a hoot!

If the accomplishment is already taught as historically significant, like the accomplishments of Alan Turing, THEN it makes since to bring it up.

Hear! Hear!

Mr. Turing helped save England from the Nazis.

How did England thank him after the war? They gave him a choice: prison or chemical castration.

He chose the latter. And then eventually probably committed suicide.

No problem. The way it sounds there will be an hour here and an hour there, perhaps it adds up to a days worth of classes throughout the entire school year. Teaching what gays have accomplished and contributed is fine. Besides, I always believed states should have control over their own school system. This is a state's decision, go with it.

You obviously believe 50 different sates is better than one country. Fair enough, many do. I think it insane and only increases divides.

How do you speak to these divides as an advocate of stats rights? No concern for theses divides ripping the country apart as we see now?

Hear! Hear!

Mr. Turing helped save England from the Nazis.

How did England thank him after the war? They gave him a choice: prison or chemical castration.

He chose the latter. And then eventually probably committed suicide.

Applauded by Trumpets.

That is what we are dealing with.

Being GAY is, in NO WAY, any less HEALTHY than BEING straight. YOU should LEARN what THE **** you are TALKING about.

1. The words that I have quoted above were directed to post #3. (Being computer illiterate, I did not know how to quote post #3 in this post. Sorry.)

2. I think that post #3 did raise a serious issue.

3. I have read that some younger gay men are ignorant of the horrors of AIDS (and the other STDs), so they are not "playing safe."

4. I think that health classes in elementary and secondary schools should emphasize to both straight and gay students the importance of preventing disease.

5. I understand that the Red Cross now is accepting blood donations from gay men. Personally, I feel that this is an unwise decision. I believe the Red Cross explains that nowadays there are ways to detect whether there is HIV/AIDS in the blood, but why take any chances?

You obviously believe 50 different sates is better than one country. Fair enough, many do. I think it insane and only increases divides.

How do you speak to these divides as an advocate of stats rights? No concern for theses divides ripping the country apart as we see now?

I personally believe in the constitution. It has spelled out the powers of the federal government in Article I, section 8. Then in section 9 what powers the federal government doesn't have or can't do. then in section 10 what powers the states do not have or can't do. Then to top it off, the 10th amendment was added to ensure where the powers lie, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the constitution , nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively or to the people."

Of course all the additional amendments to the constitution apply. That being said, I can remember when our schools were number one in the world in such subjects as math, science, etc. prior to the massive federal government involvement in the schools systems beginning with the establishment of the Department of Education. Since then we have dropped from being number one down to 30th or 33rd depending on which ranking one looks to.

The idea behind all this federal involvement was to bring up the lower ranking states education systems to the higher ones. The prime example at the time was that Massachusetts had the best education system, Mississippi the worst. The goal was to get Mississippi's up to Massachusetts standards with federal involvement. That didn't happen, our school systems all over the country were dumbed down to where now, with federal involvement, we have less disparity. But we have a poorer and less educating system on the whole than prior to federal involvement. It's easy to see in how how ranking in educations has dropped over the years worldwide since the federal government became involved.

One final thing, When my daughter went to college I was shocked to find out she was first beginning to learn things in college I was taught in High School. Her High School education in certain subject were equivalent to my first 9 or 10 years of education in certain subjects. Her Associates Degree, more or less equivalent to my High School degree when it come to subjects being taught. Hence, my use of the phrase, dumbed down.

Classes on technology not included in the above, I talking core subject, English, math, sciences, social studies, history etc.

LOL

Yeah, it's the end of the world.

You Trumpets are a hoot!

12. Yea, and all that live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. God, 2 Timothy 2

I personally believe in the constitution. It has spelled out the powers of the federal government in Article I, section 8. Then in section 9 what powers the federal government doesn't have or can't do. then in section 10 what powers the states do not have or can't do. Then to top it off, the 10th amendment was added to ensure where the powers lie, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the constitution , nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively or to the people."

Of course all the additional amendments to the constitution apply. That being said, I can remember when our schools were number one in the world in such subjects as math, science, etc. prior to the massive federal government involvement in the schools systems beginning with the establishment of the Department of Education. Since then we have dropped from being number one down to 30th or 33rd depending on which ranking one looks to.

The idea behind all this federal involvement was to bring up the lower ranking states education systems to the higher ones. The prime example at the time was that Massachusetts had the best education system, Mississippi the worst. The goal was to get Mississippi's up to Massachusetts standards with federal involvement. That didn't happen, our school systems all over the country were dumbed down to where now, with federal involvement, we have less disparity. But we have a poorer and less educating system on the whole than prior to federal involvement. It's easy to see in how how ranking in educations has dropped over the years worldwide since the federal government became involved.

One final thing, When my daughter went to college I was shocked to find out she was first beginning to learn things in college I was taught in High School. Her High School education in certain subject were equivalent to my first 9 or 10 years of education in certain subjects. Her Associates Degree, more or less equivalent to my High School degree when it come to subjects being taught. Hence, my use of the phrase, dumbed down.

Classes on technology not included in the above, I talking core subject, English, math, sciences, social studies, history etc.

You did not speak to my question. 50 different states causes great divides. I asked about the danger of these divides.

12. Yea, and all that live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. God, 2 Timothy 2

Please keep this type trash in the wacko forums.

Back
Top Bottom