• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Jersey’s embrace of legal weed is likely to trigger a movement to allow adults to buy marijuana up and down the East Coast. New Jersey is on trac

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

New Jersey’s embrace of legal weed is likely to trigger a movement to allow adults to buy marijuana up and down the East Coast.
New Jersey is on track to become one of 15 states with an adult-use marijuana market after voters on Tuesday approved legalizing marijuana, setting itself up as a destination for more than 20 million people in neighboring states who live within an hour of its borders.

"There's a sense of inevitability in every state in the Northeast about legalization," said Matt Simon, New England political director for legalization advocacy group Marijuana Policy Project. New Jersey's successful referendum is "contributing to a sense of urgency."

Lawmakers in neighboring states New York and Pennsylvania introduced legalization bills in recent years, but none became law. Quibbles about the details, especially related to racial justice issues and local control, set back efforts in New York.

But Philadelphians could soon just be a short drive over the Delaware River from access to legal weed. Millions of New Yorkers will be a quick train ride across the Hudson River away from potential pot shops in Hoboken and Jersey City. Already, many New York residents shop at dispensaries just over the border in western Massachusetts. The prospect of consumers crossing state lines to patronize New Jersey dispensaries is expected to galvanize state lawmakers to get bills across the finish line.
=============================================================
The prospect of out-of-state visitors is exactly what pot proponents in the Garden State hope for. And I'm only a 20 minute drive to NJ.

New Jersey’s embrace of legal weed is likely to trigger a movement to allow adults to buy marijuana up and down the East Coast.
New Jersey is on track to become one of 15 states with an adult-use marijuana market after voters on Tuesday approved legalizing marijuana, setting itself up as a destination for more than 20 million people in neighboring states who live within an hour of its borders.

"There's a sense of inevitability in every state in the Northeast about legalization," said Matt Simon, New England political director for legalization advocacy group Marijuana Policy Project. New Jersey's successful referendum is "contributing to a sense of urgency."

Lawmakers in neighboring states New York and Pennsylvania introduced legalization bills in recent years, but none became law. Quibbles about the details, especially related to racial justice issues and local control, set back efforts in New York.

But Philadelphians could soon just be a short drive over the Delaware River from access to legal weed. Millions of New Yorkers will be a quick train ride across the Hudson River away from potential pot shops in Hoboken and Jersey City. Already, many New York residents shop at dispensaries just over the border in western Massachusetts. The prospect of consumers crossing state lines to patronize New Jersey dispensaries is expected to galvanize state lawmakers to get bills across the finish line.
The prospect of out-of-state visitors is exactly what pot proponents in the Garden State hope for. And I'm only a 20 minute drive to NJ.
If you can find it I would highly recommend OG18 if you ever run across the strain.

If you can find it I would highly recommend OG18 if you ever run across the strain.
I wish flori-duh would wake up and move into the twentieth century let alone the twenty first. For a party who wants less regulations republican controlled flori-duh has done a good job of tying up the desires of the voters. We passed medical, the R's stepped in an immediately said you can't buy bud, smoking is bad for you and yet did nothing about cigarettes. We gave the felons who have served their time the right to vote, nope, the R's stepped in again and imposed more burdens on them before they can vote again. The party of less regulations my arse.

Thanks. My cardiac surgeon advised me today against smoking mj, so I'm on the edibles hunt. They are not legal in PA, so I'm hoping they will be in NJ if this thing passes the legislature. I have a recipe for decarboxylating my flowers & adding them to tomato soup. It will be cut & try as far as potency goes, but I can try out different quantities of it over several nights to see how potent it is.

Thanks. My cardiac surgeon advised me today against smoking mj, so I'm on the edibles hunt. They are not legal in PA, so I'm hoping they will be in NJ if this thing passes the legislature. I have a recipe for decarboxylating my flowers & adding them to tomato soup. It will be cut & try as far as potency goes, but I can try out different quantities of it over several nights to see how potent it is.
Good luck and be sure to wait a good two hours before thinking about doing more.

Good luck and be sure to wait a good two hours before thinking about doing more.
I smoke twice daily, one in he mid-afternoon & once at 9PM, so there is 6 hours between. I mix extract with flower & it really is a delight.

One of the extracts actually resulted in my getting too far out & caused actual visual & cognitive hallucinations. I grind up some flower & empty the grinder into a folded 5xx7" card. I then take a small dental spatula get a ball of extract which I then roll in the ground flower before filling the bong bowl. The bong I like the best has a wide upper tube with some plastic nubs at the bottom that prevent the ice from dropping through. I then fill the upper tube with ice cubes. It is a very cool smoke.

I smoke twice daily, one in he mid-afternoon & once at 9PM, so there is 6 hours between. I mix extract with flower & it really is a delight.

One of the extracts actually resulted in my getting too far out & caused actual visual & cognitive hallucinations. I grind up some flower & empty the grinder into a folded 5xx7" card. I then take a small dental spatula get a ball of extract which I then roll in the ground flower before filling the bong bowl. The bong I like the best has a wide upper tube with some plastic nubs at the bottom that prevent the ice from dropping through. I then fill the upper tube with ice cubes. It is a very cool smoke.
Nice, enjoy.

Yeah, my dad tried some pot brownies when he was battling cancer. Had one, didn't believe it was doing anything, had a couple more, and he went WAAAAYYYYY over the line. Really kind of scared him. I doubt it he'd ever tried it before, but was a pretty heavy drinker. Never tried them again...

Already, many New York residents shop at dispensaries just over the border in western Massachusetts.

Do they? With taxes it's like $75 for an eighth. I travel to western mass on business a few times a month, and I have never bought weed there. It's just not worth it.

I should write another "government ruins everything" post about legal weed.

Yeah, my dad tried some pot brownies when he was battling cancer. Had one, didn't believe it was doing anything, had a couple more, and he went WAAAAYYYYY over the line. Really kind of scared him. I doubt it he'd ever tried it before, but was a pretty heavy drinker. Never tried them again...
You can't drink & smoke pot at the same time. It makes you very ill. I am looking at heart valve surgery next month & I got my Medical Marijuana card just in time. I'm using smoking pot to erase my need for alcohol. After surgery, alcohol withdrawal symptoms can be very unpleasant in the ICU. I haven't had anything to drink in 4 days & I feel fine.

Do they? With taxes it's like $75 for an eighth. I travel to western mass on business a few times a month, and I have never bought weed there. It's just not worth it.

I should write another "government ruins everything" post about legal weed.

I spent $474 during my first visit to my dispensary & came home with a bag of flowers & extracts weighing 4 pounds.

Why would NJ would become a focal point for out of state drug trade. Like PA, they may set a $500 daily purchase limit. That's not very much to induce a lot of out of state purchases. And NJ may limit sales to NJ residents. I hope not, as they are just across the Delaware River from me. I would like to buy edibles.

OMG! The marywana addicts will be all over the place raping and pillaging 7-Eleven stores for their Doritos! This is war!

Pot these days is WAY to potent for me. And that is a reason why I think commercial business would be good. A person like me could go in and buy some weed that is not that powerful, the levels of THC would be on the labels.

I am all for complete legalization.

I live in New Jersey and am looking forward to the taxes that NJ will collect from pot sales.

And what is wrong with other eastern seaboard states legalizing weed if that's what the residents want? This is a country by and for the people.

Right now, NJ is a state of snitches with probably more "rats" than drug users working with the big, bad DEA to bring down a college kid with 2 joints on him so that the police can arrest him and seize his car can seize his brand new $40,000 car because he used it for transportation to buy a couple of joints; arrest him; prosecute him; give him a lifetime record; the snitch goes free -- and all for what?

To give a few "narcotics cops" with huge inflated egos another arrest for their arrest stats proving that they are great cops for busting a kid with 2 joints - all to show that we are winning the war on drugs, which we are not by a longshot.

Back
Top Bottom