• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New: Jefferson State

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A small group of radicals, I think lead by radical libertarians of which I'm no fan, are trying to create a new state.
Jefferson State would be created out of Northern (extreme) California and Southern Oregon. I hope they succeed.
That'd be great to see the libertarians finally have a home.

A small group of radicals, I think lead by radical libertarians of which I'm no fan, are trying to create a new state.
Jefferson State would be created out of Northern (extreme) California and Southern Oregon. I hope they succeed.

You can't force us to move there! :lol:

I thought they were trying to make New Hampshire a home? Talk about opposite directions...

to the original poster , go spread some more dis info, the issue of the New Jefferson State has more to do with the Compete Collapse of Legitimate government in Sacramento the fact is Sacramento is massive provably corrupt and criminal to the point they no longer represent legitimate government what so ever to those who are in the area of the Jefferson state,

the sad but completely provable fact is we have a government seized by communists,fascist and authoritarian phyco paths who dont give a flying expletive what the law actually says because when they get caught abusing their power nothing happens,

you may be cool with a criminal authoritarian government who continues to push
more and more economic and personal oppression for the benefit of the state and the special interests who have bought and paid for the crooks in power

Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.

Benito Mussolini

It's been discussed decades ago and folks think it's cute, but science fiction. Google Ecotopia.

Besides, asking the population of what is close to the great pot capital of the nation to stick with anything but the bong for long enough to get this done is laughable at the very least.

California should be broken up into about four or five states, and the part west of the faultline broken and pushed out to sea.

Actually that part you'd push out to see I'd hand to china let them deal with it.

California should be broken up into about four or five states, and the part west of the faultline broken and pushed out to sea.

Actually that part you'd push out to see I'd hand to china let them deal with it.

They'd push it back, I want to preclude such an occurrence.

Jefferson State? Do they play football?

Even as a Northern Californian, I see the Jefferson people as dissatisfied ultra conservatives. I'm disgusted that our political system only allows two parties to have power. The problem with government California is much like government in the rest of the Nation. If we had proportional representation, someone would represent the issues people in Northern California want. Representation and how legislators are elected need to be rethought before smaller groups with big problems can get representation in their legislatures. The good thing is that in California, if the people organize, the state constitution can be changed against the will of the legislature and their special interest masters. California, even though most conservatives would vehemently disagree, is that California is the future of the Republican Party if it doesn't change its marketing strategy. The Republican Party became the perpetual opposition in California and moved farther to the right in doing so. People don't want extremist government, we want some form of a centrist government. Republicans in California have embraced Tea Party ideology before it was popular or even had a name. The problem is that many of their views on social issues are unattractive and Republican obsess over abortion. If Republicans stuck to economic issues in California and put social issues on the back burner, they could take some suburban districts. Why this is the future for the rest of the country is that suburban voters tend to be centrists. All Democrats have to do is play the legitimate rape guy's comments over and over again or the NV Assembly member who would restart slavery if his constituents wanted it.

eastern oregon with northern CA would make much more sense..
you'd be closer to your mormon and aryan brothers in Utah and idaho

Last edited:

Hmmmm, I may have to relocate. The upside is that I can finally meet my favorite Oregonian around here. :lol:

Hmmmm, I may have to relocate. The upside is that I can finally meet my favorite Oregonian around here. :lol:

I'd be tempted. I do not consider a Libertarian state optimal in many ways... BUT I'd take it over what this country is rapidly turning into.

I'd be tempted. I do not consider a Libertarian state optimal in many ways... BUT I'd take it over what this country is rapidly turning into.

Meh. I wouldn't worry too much. A great number of them would remain chilled and passive, as the side effects of smoking too much pot. The rest of us can go on with our lives and enjoy a more relaxed general atmosphere.

I would love if they could get Deschutes County to secede from OR, I'd love to move down there, sure beats the hell out of all the liberals in the valley.

Here's something that I'm thinking - the rationale of secessionists as far as states go is that states are sovereign entities. Generally, counties are creations of the state, and are subordinate to the state. Can they really secede? Do they have the right to leave the state that created them?

They'd push it back, I want to preclude such an occurrence.

Here's something that I'm thinking - the rationale of secessionists as far as states go is that states are sovereign entities. Generally, counties are creations of the state, and are subordinate to the state. Can they really secede? Do they have the right to leave the state that created them?

they can't actually seceede unless both the state and national governments approve of the measure.

I don't think any pure belief system can work, but it's go to be better than the cluster**** that the statists in the two majors are forcing on their bosses(citizens) currently.

Back
Top Bottom