• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Illinois Law Forces Gas Stations To Campaign For Pritzker

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

There has got to be a law against this. I hope the gas station owners are successful in their lawsuit...

There has got to be a law against this. I hope the gas station owners are successful in their lawsuit...

Wow, that's gotta be illegal.

The republican party is a crminal enterprise.

Well this is Illinois so that means somebody’s cousin’s brother-in-law’s first dog’s owner owns the sign making company that will profit from this stupidity.

Wtf. Just looked him up. He personally owns Hyatt hotel chain with a personal net worth of $3.6b. What a wacky coincidence he became governor.

Yeah, he needs to go.

First site is misleading. The actual text of the sign, according to the second site, is:

"As of July 1, 2022, the State of Illinois has suspended the inflation adjustment to the motor fuel tax through December 31, 2022. The price on this pump should reflect the suspension of the tax increase."

A bit silly, but not the overt campaign for the Illinois governor that the OP writer seems to think that it is.

Wtf. Just looked him up. He personally owns Hyatt hotel chain with a personal net worth of $3.6b. What a wacky coincidence he became governor.

Yeah, he needs to go.
Then there's his property taxes "issue"
And i believe he was caught on audio trying to set up a "pay to play" deal re: a gov't job.

?
What? Writing a political newsletter with a misleading headline and misleading first few paragraphs, or being dumb enough to post it on DP as an accurate thing?
No, the subject of the OP.

Do you at least agree that the stickers are stupid and wasteful?
Sure. A tremendous waste of precious stickerage.

Are they stupid? Yeah, pretty much. I mean, it literally wont change any prices and no one will read them anyway.

Now that's a misleading title and thread starter, if there ever was one!

Now that's a misleading title and thread starter, if there ever was one!
The title of the first article was so much juicier than the second. Probably gets a lot of clicks.

Or Chicago Alderman.
I dont think any Illinois Governor has ever become a Chicago alderman.

Also, I m almost certain no Chicago Aldermen have ever made it to be an Illinois Governor, or even run for office as a nominee.

Odd you're not bothering to address your shitty OP tho.

He is not the first one, Doug Ford did a very similar thing in Ontario.

“As of July 1, 2022, the State of Illinois has suspended the inflation adjustment to the motor fuel tax through December 31, 2022. The price on this pump should reflect the suspension of the tax increase.”

Let's see. They could certainly suspend a tax and take public credit. And while their intent is clear, it is also a a literal statement of a thing the state of illinois has done: suspend the tax increase.

It feels crass, but I'm not sure there is anything legally wrong with it. It doesn't even say "this administration" or "politicians X,Y,Z" have suspended...it says the state suspended it, and it did. What law is there regarding the types of signage the (or a) state may require private businesses in that state to post?

🤷

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom