• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

*new idea* please let me know

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
All,

I have found a way to turn off the ****ing censor in this specific forum.

But, in order to do that - I would like for this forum to be private.

Here are the options. Whatcha think?

1. Keep with current system - words will continue to be censored. No change.
2. Create a new usergroup for the basement folks - anyone can join, same as with the rank pics. Folks that are not in the user group cannot see or participate.

I thought No. 2 was already in place? I've been part of some sort of Basement usergroup for the past week or so.

Besides, if non-members cannae access the basement, isn't it private already? I think a warning label is appropriate enough, but anyways, if its a choice your after then yeah, no. 2 seems fine by me.

Plain old me said:
I thought No. 2 was already in place? I've been part of some sort of Basement usergroup for the past week or so.

Besides, if non-members cannae access the basement, isn't it private already? I think a warning label is appropriate enough, but anyways, if its a choice your after then yeah, no. 2 seems fine by me.
Your right, the basement group is already there, but not offically implemented.

You also right that non-members cannot see this forum. I would just like to give everyone a choice. Some folks are more sensative than others and some folks want to go all balls out.

galenrox, an additional forum like that would require more moderation. Don't say meanie up here, can say big fat dumbass in member only forum, can say **** you in hardcore. Bah... let's keep it easy.

vauge said:
Your right, the basement group is already there, but not offically implemented.

You also right that non-members cannot see this forum. I would just like to give everyone a choice. Some folks are more sensative than others and some folks want to go all balls out.

Ah, cheers. Well, like I say no. 2 seems fine to me.

If you take away the ****, the only people you are gonna really be revealing anything to are people like Navy Pride, and I am convinced he cant comprehend anything he reads anyway. I think we all know how to swear well enough to read past the ****'s and infer the meaning (barring the aforementioned elements of this forum). However, I wont have my sensibilities offended at all if the object of my aggression can read my rant in all its vulgar glory :lol:

One of the reasons I have been apprehensive about doing this is because it seems that because of the basement forum the main forum has become much less about name calling and more to the crux of the debate.

vauge said:
One of the reasons I have been apprehensive about doing this is because it seems that because of the basement forum the main forum has become much less about name calling and more to the crux of the debate.

Eh. I bet most of the regulars will join anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. We can always tell people to join the basement group if they misbehave.

galenrox said:
but if I say eat ****, that carries a different meaning than eat ****.
See, I come from a family that views swearing as an art form, and using the appropriate swear word in a giver situation is important, like say I want to tell you to eat ****, since **** and **** both have the same number of stars, you really can't tell the difference between eat **** and eat ****, although east **** might not be appropriate in the same situation as the eat ****.

I know you can eat ****, but can you even eat ****?

:mrgreen:

I try not to eat **** in public, but there is nothing like a nice hot steaming bowl of **** though.

Ass.
Bitch.
Republican.

Well it doesn't filter out ALL the dirty words.....:mrgreen:

V.I. Lenin said:
Ass.
Bitch.
Republican.

Well it doesn't filter out ALL the dirty words.....:mrgreen:

That's actually from a Zappa song..."Baby, Don't You Wanna Man Like Me"...

He called her...a pig...a slut...a whore...a bitch...and a Republican...

galenrox said:
lol, I bet you could eat a **** but you'd have to remove it, and I think it may be a little chewy.
EEEEWWWWWWWWW I'm cringing at the thought! Especially since my girlfriend and I just got in a fight.......

Was it over ****? Cause those fights suck almost as bad as the fights over *******.

****ing, ****, ****, bitch, asshole, ****, whore, skank, pric- well I just wanted to curse.

a ****ing no good blood sucking **** master.

Yeah I actually like the ****. they make it funnier. Also it leaves more to the imagination so you can think whatever you want to fill it up with

OMG, my stomach hurts. :rofl

That **** is funny.

galenrox said:
but if I say eat ****, that carries a different meaning than eat ****.
See, I come from a family that views swearing as an art form, and using the appropriate swear word in a giver situation is important, like say I want to tell you to eat ****, since **** and **** both have the same number of stars, you really can't tell the difference between eat **** and eat ****, although east **** might not be appropriate in the same situation as the eat ****.

So whats the big deal about eating peas, and how is it that different from eating corn? I dont get it.

Welp, looks like we will just keep it the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom