• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New here. [W:42]

Green Hornet

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Hi all, still navigating this site. I read some good posts.

Hi all, still navigating this site. I read some good posts.

Welcome to DP! Read some good posts? I believe you're thinking of a different forum! ;)

Welcome to DP! Read some good posts? I believe you're thinking of a different forum! ;)

You do not have to be that honest all the time; not even in DP.

Thank you everyone, it will be a bit before I post. I am sure like most new members I have to feel my way around. This is a fast moving site, faster than most and superior to what is seen on Facebook. There are some very good posters on this forum, that are well informed. I also like the lay out using a Word format. Hopefully there is an automatic spell checker; got to have my spell checker.

Will Kato be around shortly? Hello.

Thank you everyone, it will be a bit before I post. I am sure like most new members I have to feel my way around. This is a fast moving site, faster than most and superior to what is seen on Facebook. There are some very good posters on this forum, that are well informed. I also like the lay out using a Word format. Hopefully there is an automatic spell checker; got to have my spell checker.

Many new members just open their mouths and start spewing nonsense. I lurked a whole three weeks before posting and my first post. Didn't matter. My first posts were similar spewed nonsense. You're gonna put your foot in your mouth. Might as well just get it over with.

Oh and welcome

welcome to the site!

This website is so larg, I found you have to trim down the posters you even want to read or debate. I like the ignore list, it is a handy tool.

This website is so larg, I found you have to trim down the posters you even want to read or debate. I like the ignore list, it is a handy tool.

I have been here longer, I say that good ideas that you have not heard 15 times already are hard to come by, so keep your ear to the ground, ignore nothing.

SIGNED:

HAwkEYE10
:gunsmilie
PROUD MEMBER of the REBELLION since 9.10.2015

Last edited:
I enjoy talking with people who disagree with me. That requires respectful engagement. But I'm not wasting time on people who are willfully ignorant. The six signs of willful ignorance: (1) The person you’re debating uses nastiness as a substitute for thought; (2) attacks the source of an argument rather than the argument’s merits; (3) claims causation from mere correlation (e.g., a rooster’s crowing makes the sun rise); (4) disputes facts on which there’s an overwhelming scientific or historical consensus (the Moon Landing, President Obama's citizenship, widening inequality, the Holocaust); (5) blames or stereotypes entire groups of people; (6) repeats the same point without responding to arguments or information you provide; or uses Red Herring's as subterfuge.

According to the board statistics there are over 24,00 members, given such a large number I see no reason to waste any time with Buffoons.

I enjoy talking with people who disagree with me. That requires respectful engagement. But I'm not wasting time on people who are willfully ignorant. The six signs of willful ignorance: (1) The person you’re debating uses nastiness as a substitute for thought; (2) attacks the source of an argument rather than the argument’s merits; (3) claims causation from mere correlation (e.g., a rooster’s crowing makes the sun rise); (4) disputes facts on which there’s an overwhelming scientific or historical consensus (the Moon Landing, President Obama's citizenship, widening inequality, the Holocaust); (5) blames or stereotypes entire groups of people; (6) repeats the same point without responding to arguments or information you provide; or uses Red Herring's as subterfuge.

According to the board statistics there are over 24,00 members, given such a large number I see no reason to waste any time with Buffoons.

Starting off with insults. That does not bode well.

Alrighty then, with that big a chip on your shoulder you better be packing some serious smarts.

A decent ability to use the English language would be very nice to see from you too.

I am an arrogant SOB as well, and I am by no means the only one here.

Let's go have some fun!

:bringit

Alrighty then, with that big a chip on your shoulder you better be packing some serious smarts.

A decent ability to use the English language would be very nice to see from you too.

I am an arrogant SOB as well, and I am by no means the only one here.

Let's go have some fun!

:bringit

Sounds great, but the news also has to have events worth discussing. This election cycle is a bit depressing.

What brings you here? For me it was getting off my chest what I couldn't say openly in business or on facebook😜

Sounds great, but the news also has to have events worth discussing. This election cycle is a bit depressing.

Depressing maybe. Only if you fail to recognize the historical value. Many my age have seen nothing like this in our lifetimes. Speaks to something interesting, wouldn't you say?

Thomas Moore (Care of the Soul et al) preaches that depression must not be ignored, and that medicating it away is usually a bad idea. Depression has something to teach us, that is why it is here. The thing to do Moore says is to grow and learn, let the depression stretch us, to figure out what we missed, because I assure you, we messed something up which requires a more evolved us to get past.

If you dont understand what the Rebellion is about, if you dont know why it is here, if you are depressed that it is here, then you dont know some of the fundamentals perhaps.

So you see, you have already gone wrong most likely.

According to ME.

:pimpdaddy:

Last edited:
What brings you here? For me it was getting off my chest what I couldn't say openly in business or on facebook��

There were several very well written posts by some very impressive posters, in particular a poster called Slyfox. I came across the thread doing a search on an article that I read which looked suspicious. The posters in that thread impressed me. Many still do, type a response, and by the time you post two three posters have already given similar replies.

Good site fast moving;Facebook is armature night as far as political discussions. So what Hawkeye is saying is accurate on serious smarts. Not sure where he gets the "chip on my shoulder", that is not true. Any way that, and few other threads are what got me here. Anyone else have a story on what brought them here?

Last edited:
Thomas Moore (Care of the Soul et al) preaches that depression must not be ignored, and that medicating it away is usually a bad idea. Depression has something to teach us, that is why it is here. The thing to do Moore says is to grow and learn, let the depression stretch us, to figure out what we missed, because I assure you, we messed something up which requires a more evolved us to get past.

If you dont understand what the Rebellion is about, if you dont know why it is here, if you are depressed that it is here, then you dont know some of the fundamentals perhaps.

So you see, you have already gone wrong most likely.

According to ME.

:pimpdaddy:
Interesting - St. Thomas Moore lost his head in the reformation also. Things are not that depressing.

Back
Top Bottom