• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Hedge Fund Bets Against AGW

Jack Hays

Traveler
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There are skeptics, and then there are serious skeptics. These folks are in the latter category. They have decided there's money to be made from AGW silliness a la The Big Short. We shall see.

[h=2]Cool Futures: World first hedge fund aims to pop the climate-bubble[/h]
[h=3]Time to pop some bubbles[/h]There is a $1.5 Trillion industry selling us better weather. If this climate money bubble were to collapse, someone is going to make a motza-lot of money. (And it might as well be the skeptics who saw it coming, eh?) Would you like to help develop a hedge fund that can play that game, and take those bets, both to invest and divest, to hedge, donate, and fund research? Another task is to also grow a philanthropic hedge fund management company.*
One day soon, you may like the idea of short-selling overvalued renewables stocks, and doing other things that profit from cooler weather or collapsing subsidies — but which fund could you invest in to manage that? It’s a niche crying out to be filled. David and I liked this idea so much when we were approached by Chris Dawson two years ago, we got involved in developing Cool Futures (and obviously stand to benefit if this comes together, see the Disclosure at the end).
Cool Futures could change the game in so many ways. The vision here is much more than just profit making. It’s about being a player, doing due diligence, putting our money where our mouth is, and having the conviction to face the risks. Instead of standing on the sidelines and telling the world what’s wrong with the current system, it’s about taking steps to make it happen — to reallocate funds to better uses. What free market thinker wouldn’t be tempted?
I’m not a financial planner (read the disclaimer at the end). I’ll leave it to Chris Dawson to explain what the fund needs and why you might want to join the team in the same way James Delingpole has. Cool Futures already has a website, the legal structure, and a Cayman Islands hedge fund in place. There is and has been a lot going on behind the scenes.
When before in history was so much misallocated money pumped into schemes to slow storms and hold back the tide? When before was low cost energy and prosperity for ordinary people despised and attacked by the politically correct, by the self-anointed elites of the West — because they ‘know’ best?
Big science is often done best outside big government. For example, Craig Ventner stepped in to beat the government-run Human Genome Project at its own game. It is long past time private industry arrived to rescue climate science from the dismal rut that monopolistic funding created.
James Delingpole in The Spectator: “I’m putting my money where my mouth is”
“…what if there were an area of the markets which you knew to be grotesquely overvalued as a result of ignorance, dishonesty, and false sentiment? You’d be mad not to bet against it…”

And if they're wrong, the world burns up and the seas rise. No amount of money will mean squat. ;)

This has got to be the dumbest thread in the Climate forum ever.

This just in!

Denier bloggers with a history of grifting decide to cash in on their deluded followers in a sketchy financial scheme!

News at 11.

Why would 'deniers' want to give money for a non-cause?

Back
Top Bottom