• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New Hampshire governor

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Chris Sununu (R)
Molly Kelly (D)
Jilletta Jarvis (L)

I almost voted for Molly Kelly but ended up going with Sununu.

Chris Sununu (R)
Molly Kelly (D)
Jilletta Jarvis (L)

I almost voted for Molly Kelly but ended up going with Sununu.
Maybe you could explain the pros and cons for both people? As for NH itself, I believe they were one of the first states to implement stranded power in their law books.

Maybe you could explain the pros and cons for both people? As for NH itself, I believe they were one of the first states to implement stranded power in their law books.

I just haven’t really had any issues with Sununu so far as governor. He’s a very moderate/centrist governor in my opinion that isn’t clambering to the extremes like so many other politicians currently are doing. Molly Kelly isn’t bad and if she wins I won’t be heartbroken but at the end of the day I just didn’t see any big reason to replace Sununu. Both are supportive of a more liberal view on social issues and social freedoms and both ultimately care about the environment. I like how Sununu is an athlete and has helped the ski industry and how he is a native of New Hampshire whereas Kelly is not. I also like how he favors less government involvement with fiscal policy. At worst I can vote to replace him in two years.

I just haven’t really had any issues with Sununu so far as governor. He’s a very moderate/centrist governor in my opinion that isn’t clambering to the extremes like so many other politicians currently are doing. Molly Kelly isn’t bad and if she wins I won’t be heartbroken but at the end of the day I just didn’t see any big reason to replace Sununu. Both are supportive of a more liberal view on social issues and social freedoms and both ultimately care about the environment. I like how Sununu is an athlete and has helped the ski industry and how he is a native of New Hampshire whereas Kelly is not. I also like how he favors less government involvement with fiscal policy. At worst I can vote to replace him in two years.
I care about our environment also. But trying to regulate it has never worked. Do you people still use the carbon credit system? Or was that never an option? Or should I say democrat smoke screen.

I care about our environment also. But trying to regulate it has never worked. Do you people still use the carbon credit system? Or was that never an option? Or should I say democrat smoke screen.

I honestly don’t know if we use a carbon credit system or not. I’d have to research it.

I honestly don’t know if we use a carbon credit system or not. I’d have to research it.

Can you just imagine how mad someone would be when the company they invested in was mandated to purchase all produced power inside the state weather it was hydro, wood chip or nuke, only to have the state open up their borders just two years later?

Back
Top Bottom