• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New GOP Memo Says Terror Attack Might Help Bush

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A secret memo, which has been circulating among top GOP leaders, has now been leaked. The memo states that another 911 type terror attack might help reverse the Republican party's downhill slide. Of course, nobody really wants anything of the sort, or do they? While no terror attacks are being planned, the fact that the Neocons see a terror attack as a boon instead of another day of infamy, speaks volumes to the low moral standards which the Bushnevik faction of the Republican party has sunk.

Article is here.

I've wondered if a second terrorist attack would help or hurt Bush. Amazingly the first one helped him, but a second one might just make him look more incompetent. He argues that being in Iraq will lessen the chance of a terror attack here, so if another one occured it could be a serious blow to his argument for war?

scottyz said:
I've wondered if a second terrorist attack would help or hurt Bush. Amazingly the first one helped him, but a second one might just make him look more incompetent. He argues that being in Iraq will lessen the chance of a terror attack here, so if another one occured it could be a serious blow to his argument for war?

Actually, the negative aspect which you brought up is also addressed in the memo.

danarhea said:
Actually, the negative aspect which you brought up is also addressed in the memo.
I read it.

Amazing how little action this topic is getting....

danarhea said:
AOf course, nobody really wants anything of the sort, or do they?

You're twisted, dan. Your hate trumps national security. Your true colors are disgusting.

KCConservative said:
You're twisted, dan. Your hate trumps national security. Your true colors are disgusting.
We have a special forum for folks who want to explore their personal feelings about their fellow members. It's called The Basement. Feel free to use it whenever you'd like to explore your personal feelings about a fellow poster.

Simon W. Moon said:
We have a special forum for folks who want to explore their personal feelings about their fellow members. It's called The Basement. Feel free to use it whenever you'd like to explore your personal feelings about a fellow poster.
I speak only of the posters political viewpoints and ideology, as was evident in my response.

KCConservative said:
I speak only of the posters political viewpoints and ideology, as was evident in my response.
[Moderator mode]

That would be a lie....

May I refer you to your own words?

KCConservative said:
I'm not a big Robertson fan, but Dana's thread title is very misleading. Robertson never said God hates you. Never. This is the kind of posting that got Dana tossed from another forum. Pathetic.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=139432&postcount=9

This was not directed at the poster's "viewpoint" or "ideology"...This was an attempt to smear the poster on this forum for actions that may or may have not been done previously...

You were even warned about doing so...

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=139497&postcount=15

As Simon has stated, keep the personal feelings toward another member out of the public forum and take it to the Basement...

[/Moderator mode]

danarhea said:
A secret memo, which has been circulating among top GOP leaders, has now been leaked. The memo states that another 911 type terror attack might help reverse the Republican party's downhill slide. Of course, nobody really wants anything of the sort, or do they? While no terror attacks are being planned, the fact that the Neocons see a terror attack as a boon instead of another day of infamy, speaks volumes to the low moral standards which the Bushnevik faction of the Republican party has sunk.

Article is here.

Your link was an article about the memo, does anyone have a source for the actual memo?

Like all Americans, I would hate to see another terrorist attack on US soil, although it's not that much of a stretch to conjecture that Bin Laden and Al Quaeda are planning one as we speak.

I think Katrina showed the nation that we are NOT ready to respond to a national disaster and I think another attack would re-emphasize that assertion. Since so much of our efforts and resources have been spent in Iraq, we are still woefully unprepared for another attack. Cargo bays in planes are still unchecked, our borders are still wide open, nuclear materail from the former Soviet Union is still uncounted for. While our troops are deployed in Iraq I don't think we would have enough boots on the ground to respond as efficiently as we could.

cnredd said:
[Moderator mode]

That would be a lie....

May I refer you to your own words?

Would calling me a liar be a violation of the same rule, redd? It would be my hope that you refrain from the name calling. Thanks.

KCConservative said:
Would calling me a liar be a violation of the same rule, redd? It would be my hope that you refrain from the name calling. Thanks.
No...Calling someone a liar when you've adequately shown proof of the actual lie is not name calling...If you were a zebra, you wouldn't be ashamed if I called you such...Just the same, you should not be offended when the point has been proven...I caught you in a lie...accept it and work from there....

"A secret memo, which has been circulating among top GOP leaders, has now been leaked. The memo states that another 911 type terror attack might help reverse the Republican party's downhill slide. Of course, nobody really wants anything of the sort, or do they? While no terror attacks are being planned, the fact that the Neocons see a terror attack as a boon instead of another day of infamy, speaks volumes to the low moral standards which the Bushnevik faction of the Republican party has sunk." Danareah

If the biggest damning indictiment liberals have against Republicans is that someone is making a harmless observation and, gracious me, passing notes about it, then Republicans surely are safe from any real political danger.

How low the party will go? :roll: God, how juvenile is that?!?!

KCConservative said:

No....I'm pretty sure this was a personal attack.

Anyway....I am not suprised this is in discussion, and am pretty sure the Dems have a few memos floating around at least as negative.

tecoyah said:
Anyway....I am not suprised this is in discussion, and am pretty sure the Dems have a few memos floating around at least as negative.
Yeah, the one just brought up on the boards recently was the Estrada memo by the democrats.

tecoyah said:
No....I'm pretty sure this was a personal attack.

However, it wasn't. Just criticizing and debating his politics.

As I understand the logic behind the idea that another attack would help the administration, I disagree with it completely. I think it would demonstrate irresponsibility and incompetence, dragging the these guys down even further. Regardless of how another attack would be handled, there is no way a hugely successful response would overshadow the fact that it happened. It would certainly be nice if there is a hugely successful response, however.

Let's just hope there is not another attack. I feel funny debating the political implications.

I just tried to find this information on a news website and could find nothing. If it's true, that is just plain disgusting.

It would debunk the republicans' current argument about how the lack of attacks since 9-11 show how great a job Bush is doing, although I am sure that they would find some way to blame the democrats. Oh yeah, the fact that the democrats have questioned the intelligence leading up to the war will be the direct cause of a terrorist attack.

KCConservative said:
However, it wasn't. Just criticizing and debating his politics.

KC....you are a freakin nutjob, your support of a lying thief is disgisting.....just shows the level of ignorance stored in the small section of functioning neurons you have.

Dont take it personal....i was just commenting on your politics

aps said:
I just tried to find this information on a news website and could find nothing. If it's true, that is just plain disgusting.
Damn liberal media hiding this story!

;)

ShullsM said:
As I understand the logic behind the idea that another attack would help the administration, I disagree with it completely. I think it would demonstrate irresponsibility and incompetence, dragging the these guys down even further. Regardless of how another attack would be handled, there is no way a hugely successful response would overshadow the fact that it happened. It would certainly be nice if there is a hugely successful response, however.

Let's just hope there is not another attack. I feel funny debating the political implications.

I hope we all are against the idea of another attack. I do believe that another attack will hurt the current administration though. It will show that they still are not organized enough for such emergency responses and it will kill Bush's whole stance of fighting this war makes for a safer America and more free world. Though we cannot be so ignorant to believe that this fighting will never hit American soil.

"“A successful resolution would be us getting out intact and civil war not breaking out until after the midterm elections,” says one insider."

There is a politican's mind for you, make sure all goes well untill elections are over then let hell break loose.

Last edited:
shuamort said:
Damn liberal media hiding this story!

;)

Why would the "liberal media" hide a story that debunks Republicans? If they are indeed liberal they would want such a document public wouldn't they?

It is my belief that media is corporate not liberal. Who ever pays the right price gets the good press, or gets the bad press ignored.

Gibberish said:
Why would the "liberal media" hide a story that debunks Republicans? If they are indeed liberal they would want such a document public wouldn't they?

It is my belief that media is corporate not liberal. Who ever pays the right price gets the good press, or gets the bad press ignored.
It was a joke, thus the wink.

shuamort said:
It was a joke, thus the wink.
ah ok. Bad topic with me, I hate when people label entites to help their political stance.

danarhea said:

Article is here.

Why? It is a reasonable observation. If there is a terrorist attack especially a major one it probably would sway public opinion back towards the Republicans. The Democrats have done a good job with their propaganda to make people forget the terrorist threat.

Back
Top Bottom