• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New GOP Commercial On "Bush Lies"

hipsterdufus said:
That argument makes no sense. If you've studied any history then you know that a war can be fought on more than one front.

Al Qaeda is very patient in planning their attacks. Look at the time differential between WTC 1 & 9/11. The first was in 1993 and the second in 2001.

Bottom line for whatever reason you want to believe we had not had and attack on this country in 4 years...........My personal opinion it is because of the effectiveness of the PA and fighting on there ground not ours...........

I don't know how you can dispute that but since you never give President Bush and his administration credit for anything good they do and only complain when something goes wrong I know you will.......:roll:

libertarian_knight said:
So, yeah I mean on US soil, particulary by International Terrorist Organizations. And buddy, it's been over FOUR year... hardly liken it to an hour. If I hadn't had a Cigarette in four years, I could damn well say, "Yeah I quit."
You missed the point. When Sept. 11th happened, it had been EIGHT years since the last attack on U.S. soil. To suggest that since we haven't had an attack in FOUR years indicates progress is premature. Like hipsterdufus said:

"Al Qaeda is very patient in planning their attacks. Look at the time differential between WTC 1 & 9/11. The first was in 1993 and the second in 2001."

Four years without an attack on U.S. soil does not imply progress.

Say, it's been several months since the last hurricane. I guess we finally figured out how to stop them huh?

libertarian_knight said:
Terrorism, is generally defined as attacking civilian or non-combatants.
I generally agree with that, but don't you think the USS Cole bombing was terrorism?

libertarian_knight said:
OK, so having arrested, what was it, about 1000 people in the US under the Patriot act, that was a military action? The Thousands arrested in Europe (even after the US botched the investigations) and the non-Iraq Middle East, that was a military action? Finding, freezing, and siezing the bank accounts of Al-Queda Leadership, the military did that with their high-tech digital freezing Cruise missle?

wake the hell up, this is FAR FAR FAR more a police action that it is military. Far more people around the world are Policing Terrorist, than the whole US Army in Iraq.

As far as this stupid notion, we are going to fight them there, instead of here... yeah whatever. So few insurgents are foriegn born, and fewer than that are part of any serious "terror netwrok."

Why do you support the "war on terror" because some talking head told you on TV? do you watch, listen or read what the people fighting this war are telling you? The ones that want to hit us here, and not going to hit us there. A few stray Syrian, Iranians, and Saudis may filter into Iraq, along with the odd Egyptian.

Furthermore, of course, then since it's not a police action as you say, you support the repeal of the PATRIOT Act right?

We are almost exclusively fighting Iraqis on the Streets of Bahgdad as it is, and everywhere else in Iraq.

If this president is no going to Police like Bill Clinton, then why is he Policing more than Bill Clinton?

End the garbage rheotic, you're dealing with a man here.

Oh yeah, how did the investigation and Prosecution of the USS Cole Bombing go? seemed faily ignored to me, that is until just prior to the election of course. Very odd, isn't it, nine months in office, Bush did nothing about the attack perpetrators. Then 9/11 happened, still nothing, but of course, it was overshadowed, then a war, still nothing, then Mission accomplished, still nothing, and a year after that, since elections are looming, finally a little something.

What a crock of crap.........I have a flash for you lefty.....The USS COLE happened on your hero "Slick Willies" watch and he did nothing.......

Yous don't list where you live but I hope that is there is another terrorist attack it is not on the city you live in...........If so you might change your whacked out thinking..........Probably not though.You are Bush hater and a blame america first type and the only good thing for you is that we would lose the war in Iraq so you could vent your hatred for this president........

Thanks for the Patriot act and thank you President Bush for keeping us free from attacks.......

libertarian_knight said:
The real question though, is why there have been no more attacks in the US since sept 11th?

Is it because of the vigilance of the US government, or is it because the threat is overblown? Or likely, a mix of both.

I tend to think a little vigilance, with a lot of hype.

Yeah its all and accident that we have had no attakcs......Fighting the terrorists in Iraq, and the PA had nothing to do with it.........Man/woman, are you clueless.........

You missed the point. When Sept. 11th happened, it had been EIGHT years since the last attack on U.S. soil.

Wrong again........When you attack a Navy warship it is the same as attacking in this country........

Binary_Digit said:
You missed the point. When Sept. 11th happened, it had been EIGHT years since the last attack on U.S. soil. To suggest that since we haven't had an attack in FOUR years indicates progress is premature. Like hipsterdufus said:

"Al Qaeda is very patient in planning their attacks. Look at the time differential between WTC 1 & 9/11. The first was in 1993 and the second in 2001."

Four years without an attack on U.S. soil does not imply progress.

Say, it's been several months since the last hurricane. I guess we finally figured out how to stop them huh?

I generally agree with that, but don't you think the USS Cole bombing was terrorism?

Well, there have been attempted and foiled attcks against the US and in the US, a few around 2000 "the millenium plots."

Besides, this is supposed to be the new era of terrorism. Worried about attacks on power plants and chemical factories. Attacks before the election. Chatter left and right. Code Yellow orange and red everywhere! Attacks on NY subways, Hordes of Paramilitary police guarding Boston, NYC and DC.... Terrorism so scary it needed new laws, new cabinet positions, Huge additions to the already bloated federal payroll, new and expanded powers to snoop and spy, new courts, new warrants, New federal departments, New conputer systems, programming and data miners, new security protocols for internation traveller, Americans traveling domestically,

Seems a lot of activity for guys that attack less often than 2 leap years.

Navy Pride said:
The USS COLE happened on your hero "Slick Willies" watch and he did nothing.......
Lies! Clinton may not have gone on a cowboy killing spree, but the U.S. did in fact launch several cruise missiles at al'Qaeda camps in Afghanistan in retaliation for the USS Cole bombing. Over Pakistani territory without their permission I might add. At least Bush asked for permission from Pakistan before launching cruise missiles over their territory. If you want to argue that Clinton didn't do enough, that's fine. But it's a blatent lie to say Clinton did nothing.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/york200403260848.asp

Navy Pride said:
You missed the point. When Sept. 11th happened, it had been EIGHT years since the last attack on U.S. soil.
Wrong again........When you attack a Navy warship it is the same as attacking in this country........
Lies! I said U.S. soil. Last time I checked, Yemen is not on U.S. soil. But if the Cole attack is to be considered a terrorist attack (of course it should), then why shouldn't the insurgency attacks in Iraq be considered terrorist attacks too? Libertarian_knight says they aren't terrorist attacks, because the targets aren't U.S. civilians. Do you agree?

Navy Pride said:
Yous don't list where you live but I hope that is there is another terrorist attack it is not on the city you live in...........If so you might change your whacked out thinking..........Probably not though.You are Bush hater and a blame america first type and the only good thing for you is that we would lose the war in Iraq so you could vent your hatred for this president........
I don't know why you think that was called for, nor do I understand why you keep playing the "liberals hate America" card every time you start losing a debate, but I agree with libertarian_knight that this war on terrorism is more of a police action than a war. Any chance you might leave the political bias at the door and argue the issues for a change? Can't hurt to hope.....

libertarian_knight said:
Well, there have been attempted and foiled attcks against the US and in the US, a few around 2000 "the millenium plots."

Navy Pride said:
Yeah its all and accident that we have had no attakcs......Fighting the terrorists in Iraq, and the PA had nothing to do with it.........
And accident? Nevermind...

Libertarian is right, we have foiled several planned terrorist attacks since 9/11. It seems to me that only serves to prove my point, we haven't necessarily seen a decrease in the terrorist threat have we?

Binary_Digit said:
Lies! Clinton may not have gone on a cowboy killing spree, but the U.S. did in fact launch several cruise missiles at al'Qaeda camps in Afghanistan in retaliation for the USS Cole bombing. Over Pakistani territory without their permission I might add. At least Bush asked for permission from Pakistan before launching cruise missiles over their territory. If you want to argue that Clinton didn't do enough, that's fine. But it's a blatent lie to say Clinton did nothing.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/york200403260848.asp

Lies! I said U.S. soil. Last time I checked, Yemen is not on U.S. soil. But if the Cole attack is to be considered a terrorist attack (of course it should), then why shouldn't the insurgency attacks in Iraq be considered terrorist attacks too? Libertarian_knight says they aren't terrorist attacks, because the targets aren't U.S. civilians. Do you agree?

I don't know why you think that was called for, nor do I understand why you keep playing the "liberals hate America" card every time you start losing a debate, but I agree with libertarian_knight that this war on terrorism is more of a police action than a war. Any chance you might leave the political bias at the door and argue the issues for a change? Can't hurt to hope.....

And accident? Nevermind...

Libertarian is right, we have foiled several planned terrorist attacks since 9/11. It seems to me that only serves to prove my point, we haven't necessarily seen a decrease in the terrorist threat have we?

We foiled the attacks thanks to President Bush, his administration and the PA.............

Oh and I know you don't think much of our military vbut the attack on the USS COLE was and attack on the USA...........17 sailors died........You should tell their family they don't count............

Navy Pride said:
What a crock of crap.........I have a flash for you lefty.....The USS COLE happened on your hero "Slick Willies" watch and he did nothing.......

Thanks for the Patriot act and thank you President Bush for keeping us free from attacks.......

You hope there is another terrorist attack? what the **** is wrong with you?

People don't agree with you and you want **** blown up? I never get angry on these boards, but damn hell I am now.

P.S. **** Bill Clinton. my hero...whatever, that must be ignorance talking. My name says "Libertarian" ( http://www.m-w.com ). See I put that word in there, so people would clearly know I am not a Democrat or Republican. After thinking about it, maybe you are just ignorant, anger might not be the right response. I am leaning toward pity now. Maybe you typed it wrong, or maybe your just evil. I think I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and forgive your transgression. Maybe you just don't have enough pride to take care of what you type.

Prayer and Thoughtful Meditation on the message of Christ might do good for your salvation, and it would be time better spent than wishing Americans dead and suffering.

libertarian_knight said:
You hope there is another terrorist attack? what the **** is wrong with you?

People don't agree with you and you want **** blown up? I never get angry on these boards, but damn hell I am now.

P.S. **** Bill Clinton. my hero...whatever, that must be ignorance talking. My name says "Libertarian" ( http://www.m-w.com ). See I put that word in there, so people would clearly know I am not a Democrat or Republican. After thinking about it, maybe you are just ignorant, anger might not be the right response. I am leaning toward pity now. Maybe you typed it wrong, or maybe your just evil. I think I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and forgive your transgression. Maybe you just don't have enough pride to take care of what you type.

Prayer and Thoughtful Meditation on the message of Christ might do good for your salvation, and it would be time better spent than wishing Americans dead and suffering.

You really need to learn how to read..............

Navy Pride said:
We foiled the attacks thanks to President Bush, his administration and the PA.............

Oh and I know you don't think much of our military vbut the attack on the USS COLE was and attack on the USA...........17 sailors died........You should tell their family they don't count............

You're changing the subject of coure. Yes, the USS Cole was an attack against US citizens, but we were discussing the dubious 'we're fighting them there, so we don't have to fight them here " argument.

Navy Pride said:
You should tell their family they don't count............
You really need to learn how to read...........

"But if the Cole attack is to be considered a terrorist attack (of course it should), then why shouldn't the insurgency attacks in Iraq be considered terrorist attacks too?"

Navy Pride said:
That may be true, but it's not the argument. You really need to learn how to read..........

"Libertarian is right, we have foiled several planned terrorist attacks since 9/11. It seems to me that only serves to prove my point, we haven't necessarily seen a decrease in the terrorist threat have we?"

Navy Pride said:
Oh and I know you don't think much of our military vbut the attack on the USS COLE was and attack on the USA...........17 sailors died........
Ok, that ticks me off. How dare you accuse me of disliking the military, you senile old goat. I've told you before that I served 5 years in the military. I was awarded Sailor of the Year in 1995, and Sailor of the Quarter three other times. I was nominated for the Naval Academy by the SecNav and both congressmen from my state. If you're too simple-minded to understand the difference between supporting the troops and supporting the idiot who tells them what to do, that's your problem, but don't you ever accuse me of disliking the military again!

hipsterdufus said:
You're changing the subject of coure. Yes, the USS Cole was an attack against US citizens, but we were discussing the dubious 'we're fighting them there, so we don't have to fight them here " argument.

Do you consider the first attack on the WTC and attack on this country? That was on your boys watch.........

Navy Pride said:
Do you consider the first attack on the WTC and attack on this country? That was on your boys watch.........

Why do you imagine that anyone who takes exception to what you say, must somehow support Bill Clinton? As if Bill Clinton is a strong enough man to represent all other viewpoints. Your Clinton Worship should cease, it's tired and old. Bill Clinton was a crap president, and so is GWB. Bill Clinton doing a poor job, does not mean GWB is better by default. Not to mention WTC attack #1 occured what, one month into Clinton's Presidency? If you're going to Blame Clinton for 9/11, then GHWBush must be awarded WTC1.

When did the world boil down to Bill Clinton v. Navy Pride?

Back
Top Bottom