• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Features - software update - Saturday, 4/17/21

The Preview is now the icon on top with the little magnifying glass, on the right side. Not using phone here, only desktop and laptop.

That does appear to work. It doesn't show it in a separate area than the edit box now so I didn't think that was it. Thanks.

That does appear to work. It doesn't show it in a separate area than the edit box now so I didn't think that was it. Thanks.
Yeah... threw me off a bit as well while testing. It shows what it will look like inside the text editor now rather than refreshing and showing a new box.

Search index is complete.

Also, you might notice that "Breaking News" and "General Political Discussion" forums now show similar threads asking if there is already a thread about that topic.
The list that it generates gives much higher value to most recent posts. We will test this awhile and see how well it works.

Also a ton of new stuff under the scenes that we are still exploring.

:)
Great idea.

Search index is complete.

Also, you might notice that "Breaking News" and "General Political Discussion" forums now show similar threads asking if there is already a thread about that topic.
The list that it generates gives much higher value to most recent posts. We will test this awhile and see how well it works.

Also a ton of new stuff under the scenes that we are still exploring.

:)

Excellent!

Excellent!
The thing about that is, I have seen it recommend threads from an area of the forum not otherwise mentionable. Not sure if that is intended or cared about.

The thing about that is, I have seen it recommend threads from an area of the forum not otherwise mentionable. Not sure if that is intended or cared about.

Oh. Well yeah that could be an issue or maybe a warning that putting it in a regular thread will send it packing where the other one is? If I'm understanding you right.

Oh. Well yeah that could be an issue or maybe a warning that putting it in a regular thread will send it packing where the other one is? If I'm understanding you right.
For example, I was upstairs in a thread, and it suggested a thread as similar at the bottom that was from the other place because they had two of the same words next to each other in the title.

For example, I was upstairs in a thread, and it suggested a thread as similar at the bottom that was from the other place because they had two of the same words next to each other in the title.
okay, but does it show a buttload of them or is it easy enough to say okay that's not what my thread is going to be a about? Like if I want to do one on capitol police throws party, I assume anything with capitol police in the previous titles will pop up, but nothing about party.

Yeah, I'm familiar with it from another forum, and I prefer the old Preview. With the new one, it's hard to know if you're in Preview mode, and if you need to fix a typo, you have to click on Preview one more time. IMO, much easier with the old preview, in a separate box, but I got used to it due to necessity. You're welcome.

The "Latest Posts" and "New Posts" lists on the "Forum" page are down to only five items each rather than the ten or so they used to be. Did they reset to default levels of display?

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Amateur tip: You can hit enter/return anywhere in a quoted comment box to split the text into separated replies. And it automatically keeps the name.
Thanks, didn't know that.

Not intended... Thank you for pointing this out.

/reviewing

Are user names a free and open market or is this revenue stream going to fund your (I don't know who) future migration to Mars?

I think the forum will not get "rich" from 5 dollars for a name change so a revenue stream will not be the reason (not that I know what the moderators/webmasters of the forum are thinking), but I assume it is more so that not every member changes his/her name every day or so, people are well known under a certain name and if you change name again and again and again and again it will be impossible to follow discussions.

Amateur tip: You can hit enter/return anywhere in a quoted comment box to split the text into separated replies. And it automatically keeps the name.
Good one. (y)

More than makes up for the time one now has to waste on clicking an extra button to get to the "more options".

That's great because quite often I want to reply to only a portion of a quote, or break the quote up to respond to points individually.

I liked the original expanded "Latest Threads" section much better than the truncated section (5?) we have now after the upgrade.

I just noticed that when editing a post the quote tags cannot be seen. I tried editing something where I'd screwed up the quote tags and was unable to see them to fix the post.

Could just be me not doing it right though.

I just noticed that when editing a post the quote tags cannot be seen. I tried editing something where I'd screwed up the quote tags and was unable to see them to fix the post.

Could just be me not doing it right though.
on quoted post go to "toggle BB code", red-arrowed (sort of:LOL:) in screen shot below, and the display changes as shown. Click "toggle" again and you're back to the above. Capture.PNG

on quoted post go to "toggle BB code", red-arrowed (sort of:LOL:) in screen shot below, and the display changes as shown. Click "toggle" again and you're back to the above. View attachment 67329180

In case you haven't already found it, you first need to click the "more options" top far right for that toggle button to display

Capture 2.PNG

It would really help if that thing (toggle BB code) were "prioritized" so as to be visible from the getgo.

We've lost the "Reply" button at the top of threads. This was necessary in order for Blogs to display properly along all themes. This will be added back in time.

Well, I don't see a link to member blogs so someone can find, read, and reply to pre-existing blogs posted.

Wasn't that an option in the old system when someone checked out a member, see what they've posted and also see a link to a list of their blogs to read and reply to?

Is that upcoming, or conversely am I missing something that does allow other members to find one's blogs?

Back
Top Bottom