• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Electoral College Projection Has Hillary Clinton Demolishing Donald Trump

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

... The latest Electoral College prediction should have the Trump campaign panicking ...

"An updated Electoral College projection from Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball predicts that Hillary Clinton will demolish Donald Trump in the general election this fall. The website, which is run by University of Virginia’s Center for Politics, has the presumptive Democratic nominee beating Trump by a 347-191 electoral vote margin.

What’s more telling is that all of the normal toss-up states – Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Nevada, etc. – have been moved into the “Lean Democratic” column, leaving Trump no mathematical way to make up the difference unless there is a sizable shift in public opinion..............

ALSO SEE:
Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » 2016 President
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton
Republicans Facing Catastrophe As Trump Leads Clinton By Single Digits In Texas

The several weeks of Trump self-inflicted errors and the like has bengun to show up in the polls......Most troubling is Trump's unfavorable poll results in the important battleground states....Thes states are a must win and without making so inroads into these states Trump faces loosing by a landslide

... The latest Electoral College prediction should have the Trump campaign panicking ...

"An updated Electoral College projection from Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball predicts that Hillary Clinton will demolish Donald Trump in the general election this fall. The website, which is run by University of Virginia’s Center for Politics, has the presumptive Democratic nominee beating Trump by a 347-191 electoral vote margin.

What’s more telling is that all of the normal toss-up states – Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Nevada, etc. – have been moved into the “Lean Democratic” column, leaving Trump no mathematical way to make up the difference unless there is a sizable shift in public opinion..............

ALSO SEE:

The several weeks of Trump self-inflicted errors and the like has bengun to show up in the polls......Most troubling is Trump's unfavorable poll results in the important battleground states....Thes states are a must win and without making so inroads into these states Trump faces loosing by a landslide

Maybe so. However I never pay attention to any of this crap because it makes no difference to what happens. Saying a group right now is leaning one way or another, means squat.

Maybe so. However I never pay attention to any of this crap because it makes no difference to what happens. Saying a group right now is leaning one way or another, means squat.

I would agree with you........

However Trump has not addressed the problem he has with the direction of his declining polls..........

He has not run any ads........... the cause is the Trump campaign is broke.........More so important.......

Trump has no staffed campaign operations to administer the Trump voter campaign..........like identifying and contacting GOP voters; distribute yard signs; arranging for transportation to the polls ............

One cannot expect to effectively reach voters in the battleground states by Twitter alone..........

And the reality of needing a billion dollars to run an effective national campaign is becoming all to clear to the Trump people............and so little time to do so........if they can at all....

The only way I can see this election working out for the best for the country is if Hillary gets indicted and goes to prison, Sanders retires from politics, Trump self immolates with Cruz with him, and we start over from there. I see none of those things happening, so, as Hillary said out of context, what difference does it make?

You have already been told the campaign is not broke.
He can influx more money into it if he wants.

But apparently he doesn't need to.

Trump beats expectations, raises $51 million with GOP in June

Yes I understand that ........and even reported so here.......... But in the same time period HRC raised $70 million..........but that is not the issue I raised.......

The commanding lead HRC has in projected..........like money in the bank.......electoral votes......

With Trump trailing by lots and not doing to well in the battle ground states where the election will be won

SEE:
RealClearPolitics - 2016 Election Maps - Battle for White House

Yes I understand that ........and even reported so here.......... But in the same time period HRC raised $70 million..........but that is not the issue I raised.......

The commanding lead HRC has in projected..........like money in the bank.......electoral votes......

With Trump trailing by lots and not doing to well in the battle ground states where the election will be won

SEE:

1. You were wrong about his campaign being broke that is good of you to acknowledge.
2. Projections are meaningless at this point in time.

1. You were wrong about his campaign being broke that is good of you to acknowledge.
2. Projections are meaningless at this point in time.

Is that the way you think/see it?

Many of the states both Red/Blue are solidly going to go as is shown on the map.......... now given that Trump he needs a whole lot of electoral votes just to come even with HRC

Is that the way you think/see it?

Many of the states both Red/Blue are solidly going to go as is shown on the map.......... now given that Trump he needs a whole lot of electoral votes just to come even with HRC

And again, it is too early.

ALSO SEE:

Actually Trump and Clinton are tied in Nevada, Clinton by 1 in Colorado, 2 in Ohio and 3 in Virginia. I wouldn't place any of those 4 into the Clinton column yet. There're swing states and suppose to be close. But Clinton is pulling away in Florida and North Carolina, two states that are must wins for Trump if he is to have a chance regardless if he wins the four I mentioned, he still loses.

But worse is Romney won states which he only received 206 electoral votes, Trump is in Trouble. Trump leads in Arizona only by 1, in Georgia by 3, is behind Clinton in Kansas by 7 and leads in Mississippi by 3. In fact winning the states that gave Romney 2016 electoral votes, Romney won them by an average of 16 points. In those same states Trump leads by an average of 7. Thus putting such states as Arizona and Georgia into play.

To win, Trump must win every state Romney did, plus Florida and Ohio. But that still gives him only 253 electoral votes which he has to pick up someplace else. Colorado has 9 where Clinton leads by 1, Nevada has 6 and they're tied there. That's 15 of the 17. New Hampshire's 4 would put him over. That is if Trump can win all the states Romney did. But right now he trails in Kansas and in North Carolina. He is down 7 in Kansas and 6 in North Carolina. He can't afford to lose those combined 21 electoral votes. It could be worse, Trump could also lose Georgia, Arizona and possibly
Missouri.

I agree with Nate Silver, Clinton at the moment has at least an 80% chance of winning. But that isn't 100%. Trump can still win. All it takes is one major unforeseen event or happening that goes his way. Remember in 2012 Romney was on his way to be blown out until he won the first presidential debate and all of a sudden, Obama and Romney were basically tied. Of course Romney blew it in the second debate and Obama went back to a 5 point lead. Lots of time left.

The only way I can see this election working out for the best for the country is if Hillary gets indicted and goes to prison, Sanders retires from politics, Trump self immolates with Cruz with him, and we start over from there.

That's quite an elaborate list and well-thought out. But I could have used a little more cowbell.

And again, it is too early.

Let me ask you how will California go? No way Republican as a are several other state which have never gone Republican.........also the same holds true for the Republicans...........Could you ever see Alabama going Democratic?

For these states it is far from being too early...........they will go as they have year after year..........

Let me ask you how will California go? No way Republican as a are several other state which have never gone Republican.........also the same holds true for the Republicans...........Could you ever see Alabama going Democratic?

For these states it is far from being too early...........they will go as they have year after year..........
1. iLOL I do not have to make predictions.
2. They may or may not go as they have year after year.

Actually Trump and Clinton are tied in Nevada, Clinton by 1 in Colorado, 2 in Ohio and 3 in Virginia. I wouldn't place any of those 4 into the Clinton column yet. There're swing states and suppose to be close. But Clinton is pulling away in Florida and North Carolina, two states that are must wins for Trump if he is to have a chance regardless if he wins the four I mentioned, he still loses.

But worse is Romney won states which he only received 206 electoral votes, Trump is in Trouble. Trump leads in Arizona only by 1, in Georgia by 3, is behind Clinton in Kansas by 7 and leads in Mississippi by 3. In fact winning the states that gave Romney 2016 electoral votes, Romney won them by an average of 16 points. In those same states Trump leads by an average of 7. Thus putting such states as Arizona and Georgia into play.

To win, Trump must win every state Romney did, plus Florida and Ohio. But that still gives him only 253 electoral votes which he has to pick up someplace else. Colorado has 9 where Clinton leads by 1, Nevada has 6 and they're tied there. That's 15 of the 17. New Hampshire's 4 would put him over. That is if Trump can win all the states Romney did. But right now he trails in Kansas and in North Carolina. He is down 7 in Kansas and 6 in North Carolina. He can't afford to lose those combined 21 electoral votes. It could be worse, Trump could also lose Georgia, Arizona and possibly
Missouri.

I agree with Nate Silver, Clinton at the moment has at least an 80% chance of winning. But that isn't 100%. Trump can still win. All it takes is one major unforeseen event or happening that goes his way. Remember in 2012 Romney was on his way to be blown out until he won the first presidential debate and all of a sudden, Obama and Romney were basically tied. Of course Romney blew it in the second debate and Obama went back to a 5 point lead. Lots of time left.

Trump has a heavy burden to lift............Baring some outside event.......I cannot see Trump winning.............But then.............. this political season is by far the craziest and unpredictable I have ever experienced.........so it may be more safe to say.............Who the hill knows what in the cards for us all...........

If you see it so...........then it must be so.......I am not going to argue with you
Yet that is what you were doing even though you basically said the same.
Let me quote it again so you do not try to skate around saying it.

Who the hill knows what in the cards for us all...........

SEE:

Something I find strange with this argument is that the group now touting the fact that Hillary is far outspending Trump is the same group that insists that money, particularly big money, has no place in politics.

I don't know the exact number, but Trump has gotten this far without outspending his opponents. The campaign has not even begun. Give it a few months. We'll know what strategy works then.

Trump has a heavy burden to lift............Baring some outside event.......I cannot see Trump winning.............But then.............. this political season is by far the craziest and unpredictable I have ever experienced.........so it may be more safe to say.............Who the hill knows what in the cards for us all...........

Exactly, what I like to point out is Clinton is not well liked either by the voters. She constantly is close to 60% negative by the electorate as a whole. Lucky for her, the Republicans nominated Trump who at times passes 65% negative with the electorate. This is why third party candidates such as Johnson and Stein are getting around 15% in the polls. Only the staunch Trump and Clinton supporters like their candidate, pretty much everyone else hates them and do not really want to make that choice. Never before in the history has the Libertarian candidate ever received as high as one percent of the vote. For him to be at 8, 9, 10 and as high as 12 says something about the dislike of both major party candidates. He is a nobody, no money, no media attention, no one knows a thing about him, no campaigning or get out the vote organization, he has nothing going for him outside his last name isn't Trump or Clinton.

My advice is not to get too cocky if your a Clinton supporter. But then again, outside of his supporters no one likes a candidate that acts like a 5th grade school yard bully, a name caller that almost every 8 year old knows better than that. He doesn't act presidential, he acts like he is trying to win a host spot on some TV reality show instead of the White House. Maybe he is? There are times I personally think Trump is trying to lose. He has no idea how to be a candidate for the presidency. The electorate for the general election is completely different than the one that gave him 40% of the vote in winning the GOP nomination. 40% of 27%, that is Gallups latest on the size of the Republican base vote. Now he has to get 51% of 100% in November. Quite a challenge.

If any other candidate was the Democrat nominee, I think he would be 15 points ahead of Trump instead of 5 behind. I also think if almost any other Republican candidate were facing Hillary, they would be 5-10 points ahead of her instead of 5 behind. This leads me to believe that the 40%, the plurality of the Republican Party were more interested in sending a statement than winning an election in November.

ALSO SEE:

Well damn, imyoda...the guy has a crystal ball. That's all he needs to give credibility to his blatherings, eh?

Tell you what...when his crystal ball gives someone a set of winning lotto numbers, let me know. Okay?

Yet that is what you were doing even though you basically said the same.
Let me quote it again so you do not try to skate around saying it.

The statement is acknowledging even if the possibility of the projections (in this case not only by the one cited but a few dozen more professional political and polling experts) the statistical probably of change is about 3%......Therefore even with most expects agreeing to the outcome.............nothing is 100% sure......

Can you see/appreciate the difference now?

Something I find strange with this argument is that the group now touting the fact that Hillary is far outspending Trump is the same group that insists that money, particularly big money, has no place in politics.

I don't know the exact number, but Trump has gotten this far without outspending his opponents. The campaign has not even begun. Give it a few months. We'll know what strategy works then.

I am will to wait.......

Exactly, what I like to point out is Clinton is not well liked either by the voters. She constantly is close to 60% negative by the electorate as a whole. Lucky for her, the Republicans nominated Trump who at times passes 65% negative with the electorate. This is why third party candidates such as Johnson and Stein are getting around 15% in the polls. Only the staunch Trump and Clinton supporters like their candidate, pretty much everyone else hates them and do not really want to make that choice. Never before in the history has the Libertarian candidate ever received as high as one percent of the vote. For him to be at 8, 9, 10 and as high as 12 says something about the dislike of both major party candidates. He is a nobody, no money, no media attention, no one knows a thing about him, no campaigning or get out the vote organization, he has nothing going for him outside his last name isn't Trump or Clinton.

My advice is not to get too cocky if your a Clinton supporter. But then again, outside of his supporters no one likes a candidate that acts like a 5th grade school yard bully, a name caller that almost every 8 year old knows better than that. He doesn't act presidential, he acts like he is trying to win a host spot on some TV reality show instead of the White House. Maybe he is? There are times I personally think Trump is trying to lose. He has no idea how to be a candidate for the presidency. The electorate for the general election is completely different than the one that gave him 40% of the vote in winning the GOP nomination. 40% of 27%, that is Gallups latest on the size of the Republican base vote. Now he has to get 51% of 100% in November. Quite a challenge.

If any other candidate was the Democrat nominee, I think he would be 15 points ahead of Trump instead of 5 behind. I also think if almost any other Republican candidate were facing Hillary, they would be 5-10 points ahead of her instead of 5 behind. This leads me to believe that the 40%, the plurality of the Republican Party were more interested in sending a statement than winning an election in November.

I welcome the Libertarian candidate and wish he too be allowed to participate in the Presidential debate with the other two….
And if I may add, the conservative values I believe and hold truth to lean to what many libertarians believe….
Having said that….
I have no horse in this race…..although a life-long registered Republican I became disenchanted with the nomination of the reformed drunk GWB…..and as first concerned about him……. I was not surprised with his presidential ineptitude…..Further disappointing and frightening was the emergence of the Tea Party and the take-over of the Republican Party by RW “mu way or the highway” RW extremists…..
Now as for the two candidates……
I wonder how in all blue blazes the two more unpopular and hated have been selected to run for President…..
Clinton has inherited a wealth of “sure to go” Democratic states totaling about 250 EV’s meaning she only need 20 some-odd more EV’s to reach the 270 required to win……
And I agree anyone other than Clinton would at this point in time would be ahead of Trump by 15+ points…..

The only seemingly outcome……hopefully….. is to have elected the least hated and despised of the two

SEE:
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

The statement is acknowledging even if the possibility of the projections (in this case not only by the one cited but a few dozen more professional political and polling experts) the statistical probably of change is about 3%......Therefore even with most expects agreeing to the outcome.............nothing is 100% sure......

Can you see/appreciate the difference now?
You have no valid point.
It is too early.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom