• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New data from Sam Brownback’s Kansas destroys the GOP myth that tax cuts create jobs

Re: New data from Sam Brownback’s Kansas destroys the GOP myth that tax cuts create j

Tax cuts can create jobs if we are taxing too much. The trouble is, it is actually very hard to determine ahead of time if we are taxing too little, just right, or taxing too much. If we are are taxing just right or not enough then tax cuts actually do harm instead of good. Many on the right mistakenly believe that in every case, cutting taxes is good and that is not always the case, just at the times we are taxing too much.

actually what many Gov are doing is driving jobs here with the promise of tax cuts and things.
they are just not giving the money away with 0 investment in the state.

That is what Rick Scott has done. He is giving the tax cuts as they come here.
FL is on a full boom again as far as job growth etc ...

Re: New data from Sam Brownback’s Kansas destroys the GOP myth that tax cuts create j

actually what many Gov are doing is driving jobs here with the promise of tax cuts and things.
they are just not giving the money away with 0 investment in the state.

That is what Rick Scott has done. He is giving the tax cuts as they come here.
FL is on a full boom again as far as job growth etc ...

Thus proving that GOP economic strategies rely heavily on cannibalism from other states.

Wonder what they'll do when other people's money runs out?

But if taxes are evil, then why do they want taxes on groceries? Republicans in general want less taxes on EVERYONE, not just the rich. It is left wing BS propaganda to say they want taxes on the poor but not on the rich.

Nonsense

If repubs truly wanted to cut taxes on everyone, they'd focus on cutting spending. Instead they spend like drunken sailors on leave

The repubs true intent, like anyone else's intent, can be discerned from their actions - tax relief for the wealthy. Their desire to cut taxes for the wealthy was revealed when they publicly stated that they would torpedo tax cuts for the middle class if the wealthy didn't get a tax cut too.

If I had a nickel for every time a right winger told the left what they believe I'd be a billionaire. lol

If you had a nickel for every time Moderate Right told somebody what the left believes you'd be a billionaire

Thus proving that GOP economic strategies rely heavily on cannibalism from other states.

what peoples money?
isn't like the state is giving them other peoples money they are just not taking
as much money from the company.

you seem to confuse tax breaks with welfare they are not the same
of course unless you buy into the lie that all money is the governments.

making my state more competitive than yours is not my fault.
maybe you shouldn't be taxing businesses so heavily. personally
the Gov. would rather see people working.

Brownback and his majority GOP legislature passed the sale tax increases. Deal with it.

That's one of "the left's facts" that you "cherry picked" and MR "don't have that much time for this BS"

I'm just saying that of all the Republicans in charge of many states that this is an aborration of normal Republican policies. But then, there you go again, pretending to know what all Republicans think based on the Republicans of one state.

Umm, THIRTEEN republican states tax groceries, not one

Tell us again how you have too much of a life to actually know facts to defend why you post lies. That was pretty funny

No, it is a matter of historical fact that the income tax was originally created to operate on only on the very highest earners and has gradually gotten less progressive, especially in recent history.

While the facts are true the conclusions are not.

The new tax proposed by congress in the Revenue Act of 1862 was the first progressive income tax placed on United States residents. This tax reflected the taxpayers' "ability to pay" by separating citizens into multiple categories and taxing accordingly:[9]
1.For U.S. residents whose annual incomes were less than $600, no tax was collected.
2.For U.S. residents whose annual incomes were greater than $600 and less than $10,000, a percentage of 3% of total income was demanded in tax.
3.For U.S. residents whose annual incomes were greater than $10,000, a percentage of 5% of total income was demanded in tax. The 5% tax rate also applied to the entire U.S.-source income over $600 of U.S. citizens who resided abroad, regardless of their income, unless they worked for the United States government.

The act also stated that to assure timely collection, income tax be "withheld at the source
1862 dollars 2008 dollars
$600 $13,259
$10,000 $220,993

Examine the amount taken. Progressive is a word for it, but limited would certainly be another.

While the facts are true the conclusions are not.

Examine the amount taken. Progressive is a word for it, but limited would certainly be another.

d01d3b284a411fb0412bb15062df96cf.jpg

You completely missed the point. The original intent was to make the tax unobtrusive. Look at the rates. Its in your face obtrusive now.

Lol !!

Investment Capital is a finite rescource apparently

You completely missed the point. The original intent was to make the tax unobtrusive. Look at the rates. Its in your face obtrusive now.

Unobtrusive ??

It's meant to be affordable. It's to pay for our federal government...

Lol....if only ALL Red states could be as hopeless as California
California Has Highest Child Poverty Rate In Nation | KPBS

You keep pushing that lie... fact is that same report the article quotes lists Mississippi as having the highest child poverty rate... how many times are you going to keep posting that lie???

You keep pushing that lie... fact is that same report the article quotes lists Mississippi as having the highest child poverty rate... how many times are you going to keep posting that lie???

Not so golden | The Economist

That's one of "the left's facts" that you "cherry picked" and MR "don't have that much time for this BS"

I'm cherry picking SOB, that me....I'm bad....turrible.

Unobtrusive ??

It's meant to be affordable. It's to pay for our federal government...

You're funny. The marginal rates went from under 10% to over 70% in 5 years. Its not about paying for government, its about expanding government.

You're funny. The marginal rates went from under 10% to over 70% in 5 years. Its not about paying for government, its about expanding government.

I'm not sure which is worse, relying on statutory numbers...or whining about govt "expansion" during the depression. I wish Shlaes-ism would die already.

WTF does it have to do with Kansas?

I'm not sure which is worse, relying on statutory numbers...or whining about govt "expansion" during the depression. I wish Shlaes-ism would die already.

WTF does it have to do with Kansas?

1914 to 1920 is the depression?

1914 to 1920 is the depression?
Oh, you want to whine about WWI taxation....and "govt expansion"....Okay....sorrry...yer right. it was turrible.

What's the connection to Kansas?

Oh, you want to whine about WWI taxation....and "govt expansion"....Okay....sorrry...yer right. it was turrible.

What's the connection to Kansas?

I don't care whether its a Federal tax or a Kansas tax. I will probably be against it, unless and until we start seeing reduction in baseline government spending.

I didn't start the income tax tangent. Just a heads up there.

I don't care whether its a Federal tax or a Kansas tax. I will probably be against it, unless and until we start seeing reduction in baseline government spending.
If you want to, why don't you explain the lack of promised gains by Brownback's policy, we need valid excuses.

I didn't start the income tax tangent. Just a heads up there.
But....mommy....he....did...it...too.

So when confronted on the first lie you pretend it didn't happen and move right along... and deflecting from the topic was the piss poor management the GOP States have... Oklahoma, Kansas, and Louisiana all are in a budget crisis- Oklahoma for example had to cut school budget at Christmas- first time a cut was done during a school year... and we are a low cost of living state...

So now onto California- a state where immigration is large, and the cost of living is high.... but you shouldn't lay the blame for all of this on 'liberals' unless you count Arnold- the hummer driving, Maid knocking up Governator as a liberal... :doh

No California has a goodly portion of the Obstructionist party, the GOP 'helping' make California the State you love to use to mask failing PUB states... :peace

If you want to, why don't you explain the lack of promised gains by Brownback's policy, we need valid excuses.

But....mommy....he....did...it...too.

Oh. You think I support the tax increase. If I don't support it, I don't have to show anything demonstrating it was a good idea because I don't think it is a good idea. Just to make that clear, I do not support tax increases. I do not support Sam Brownback's tax increases.

Expanding the government we had into the one we have, yes, this is called growth and, in this case, it was the necessary course of action based on the context.

Back
Top Bottom