• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New data from Sam Brownback’s Kansas destroys the GOP myth that tax cuts create jobs

Re: New data from Sam Brownback’s Kansas destroys the GOP myth that tax cuts create j

What the **** ???

This is the strategy they've been using since the constitutional amendment was passed to secure a federal income tax: burden everyone else with taxes as much as possible so we spread the burden and make them want to cut taxes.

There is a conspiracy forum.

Re: New data from Sam Brownback’s Kansas destroys the GOP myth that tax cuts create j

Right back at ya slick. The left is always telling us what Republicans think.
You can't make up your mind as to what to express YOURSELF as, you are constantly blurting something, and then backtracking to "well, thats what they say", never taking ownership...especially when you can't back up a comment. If I say a party says something, you can be damn sure I have a basis for it and can cite, you on the other hand won't, which you have made clear over the last few days. If you don't have the goods, stick with what you know.

PS...find the definition for the Scotsman fallacy BECAUSE YOU USE IT OFTEN....JUST ....STOP.

it depends. if the top tax rate is 90% and you cut it to 50, then yeah, that's going to free up some capital and create some jobs. what really creates jobs in our current economy, though, is average people buying more stuff. if i'm running a pizza joint, you can cut my taxes, and that would be cool. however, i'm not hiring anyone unless a whole bunch more customers show up and my current staff can't handle the numbers. that's the way i see it, at least.

But you spend that extra money (or raise wages/cut prices), which employs other people, who spend that money in your business. Average people cant buy more stuff unless that stuff is cheaper or a business pays them more.

But you spend that extra money (or raise wages/cut prices), which employs other people, who spend that money in your business. Average people cant buy more stuff unless that stuff is cheaper or a business pays them more.

so are you saying that you would hire more people in the absence of increased demand?

Right back at ya slick. The left is always telling us what Republicans think.

If I had a nickel for every time a right winger told the left what they believe I'd be a billionaire. lol

There is a conspiracy forum.

Okay... thanks, i don't know what that has to do with my historical explanation, but thanks.

You can't make up your mind as to what to express YOURSELF as, you are constantly blurting something, and then backtracking to "well, thats what they say", never taking ownership...especially when you can't back up a comment. If I say a party says something, you can be damn sure I have a basis for it and can cite, you on the other hand won't, which you have made clear over the last few days. If you don't have the goods, stick with what you know.

PS...find the definition for the Scotsman fallacy BECAUSE YOU USE IT OFTEN....JUST ....STOP.

Of course you have facts to back it up. Anyone can find facts to back up their side for anything. They do it with the bible all the time and of course politics too. I'm not going to get into a debate where both sides just pick out cherry picked facts all the time. The fact is DP is here for a reason. If things could ever be proven DP wouldn't be here anymore.

Of course you have facts to back it up. Anyone can find facts to back up their side for anything.
Then do it, you had the opportunity to do it in another thread.....and you could not.
They do it with the bible all the time and of course politics too.
False equivalence between a largely fantasy/fiction and verifiable recent history....you can't be serious.
I'm not going to get into a debate where both sides just pick out cherry picked facts all the time.
Fine, stick with yer unverified opinions.
The fact is DP is here for a reason.
An empty comment, no point....a typical response.
If things could ever be proven DP wouldn't be here anymore.
Positions are proven true/correct all the time on this forum, the problem are folks who won't prove a point or accept facts presented.

Stop using true Scotsman fallacies.

Lets get back to Kansas.

If I had a nickel for every time a right winger told the left what they believe I'd be a billionaire. lol

Again, right back at you. All I ever hear about is the left constantly saying what they think the right believes. War on women, minorities, the poor, the elderly, etc.

Okay... thanks, i don't know what that has to do with my historical explanation, but thanks.

Historical explanation with usual left wing propaganda BS talking points.

Then do it, you had the opportunity to do it in another thread.....and you could not. False equivalence between a largely fantasy/fiction and verifiable recent history....you can't be serious.Fine, stick with yer unverified opinions. An empty comment, no point....a typical response.Positions are proven true/correct all the time on this forum, the problem are folks who won't prove a point or accept facts presented.

Stop using true Scotsman fallacies.

Lets get back to Kansas.

Yep. The left won't accept the right's facts and the right won't accept the left's facts. I'm not going to get into endless posting of both sides cherry picking stats. I don't listen to posted "facts" from the left and I'm not going to get into a endless debate cherry picking my own facts. It never ends and the only ones who ever prove a point are the ones who won't listen to the other's points. They are delusional in believing they have won the debate. Both sides post their cherry picked facts at infinitum until finally one side doesn't have the time to fool with it anymore and then the other side declares victory. It's all nothing but a game of chicken. Whoever blinks first loses. You have an advantage over me because I have a life and I don't have that much time for this BS whereas you apparently don't have a life so you know if you just keep at it eventually the other side will blink and you can claim victory. You only win the debate in your mind but that's enough to make you happy.

I can't imagine that most Republicans would be in favor of taxing groceries. Most Republicans are against taxes of any kind. Personally, I don't think Kansas represents true Republican policies. I think we have a Republican gone rogue here.
Brownback and his majority GOP legislature passed the sale tax increases. Deal with it.

You dont think youre paying taxes on groceries anyway, when you tax the grocer instead?

So then the good people of Kansas are paying taxes twice on their groceries.

Yep. The left won't accept the right's facts and the right won't accept the left's facts. I'm not going to get into endless posting of both sides cherry picking stats. I don't listen to posted "facts" from the left and I'm not going to get into a endless debate cherry picking my own facts. It never ends and the only ones who ever prove a point are the ones who won't listen to the other's points. They are delusional in believing they have won the debate. Both sides post their cherry picked facts at infinitum until finally one side doesn't have the time to fool with it anymore and then the other side declares victory. It's all nothing but a game of chicken. Whoever blinks first loses. You have an advantage over me because I have a life and I don't have that much time for this BS whereas you apparently don't have a life so you know if you just keep at it eventually the other side will blink and you can claim victory. You only win the debate in your mind but that's enough to make you happy.
Cool, we will just accept that you will not accept fact based argument, and that you produce nothing but personal opinion that is fact free. You are not interested in debate, yer only interested in expressing your opinion of others opinions.....that you formulated.

Don't get into fact based argument with me...mkay?

Brownback and his majority GOP legislature passed the sale tax increases. Deal with it.

I'm just saying that of all the Republicans in charge of many states that this is an aborration of normal Republican policies. But then, there you go again, pretending to know what all Republicans think based on the Republicans of one state. Weren't you one of the ones attacking the right for trying to claim they know what the left believes? This is a perfect example that it is really the other way around.

Gee, I wish I lived in Mississippi. What a mess. From the link:

Two states continue to apply their sales tax fully to food purchased for home consumption without providing any offsetting relief for low- and moderate-income families. They are Alabama and Mississippi.

It says Kansas also taxes fully for groceries, but they offer credits and rebates for some people. But this link is from 2009, so I have no idea if Kansas still offers help. The article I read about Kansas's grocery tax was mostly talking about the border counties in Kansas who are losing MILLIONS because people in those border counties just drive across the border to neighboring states who do NOT tax groceries.

Again, right back at you. All I ever hear about is the left constantly saying what they think the right believes. War on women, minorities, the poor, the elderly, etc.

Then you haven't read very many right wing posts on DP. I bet I can find a post or two of you telling the left what they think....

It is left wing BS propaganda to say they want taxes on the poor but not on the rich.

You make things up as you go along. I'm sorry it is so complicated you can't understand.

accept to the lefties, who think more government is the answer to everything.

Oh, I forgot, that is exactly what MMT'rs believe, that the road is infinitely long and we can indeed keep kicking that can down the road...

The left twists this around in numerous ways for their political advantage.

I think some lefties would argue...

They have absolutely no desire to accept the truth because their reason for existance would be over

You usually look at things from a literal viewpoint so I'm surprised you didn't here.

No wonder you are so indoctrinated by left

The left wants to get more money to wage earners so they can spend it. They don't want the little guy to save anything because that would take money out of the economy.

...and that's just in the last two days.

I'm just saying that of all the Republicans in charge of many states that this is an aborration of normal Republican policies.
You don't know...because you do not deal in facts, you cannot be bothered with facts, you have reached this conclusion using a stereotyped belief system based on yer own opinion.
But then, there you go again, pretending to know what all Republicans think based on the Republicans of one state.
BS, I never once in this thread made a stereotyped comment based on my own opinion.....and further, I have been discussing KANSAS in a KANSAS thread. My mother is from KANSAS, my fathers side has LOTS of relatives in KANSAS. It is a state I have some understanding of.
Weren't you one of the ones trying to claim the right knows what the left believes?
You make no sense, but then, you are not interested in fact based argument....so there you are.
This is a perfect example that it is really the other way around.
This just incoherent nonsense, yer babbling.

Cool, we will just accept that you will not accept fact based argument, and that you produce nothing but personal opinion that is fact free. You are not interested in debate, yer only interested in expressing your opinion of others opinions.....that you formulated.

Don't get into fact based argument with me...mkay?

Everyone has their "facts" and one side does not listen to the other side's "facts", usually because they know they are cherry picked. Once you are set in your ways with your own facts you won't listen to anyone else's. Take Obamacare for one issue. There are tons of facts that prove it is working. There are tons of facts that prove it is not working. Does that really get us anywhere? Does one side win when they post 501 facts to prove their side while the other side only posted 500 facts? Is that when the debate is over or is the debate never really over?

Then you haven't read very many right wing posts on DP. I bet I can find a post or two of you telling the left what they think....

...and that's just in the last two days.

That's my point. BOTH sides do it. The left usually accuses the right of believing something and then the right lashes back at them and then the left accuses the right of claiming they know what the left is thinking. But, it usually always starts with the left claiming they know what the right is thinking such as all those wars against everyone.

I can't imagine that most Republicans would be in favor of taxing groceries. Most Republicans are against taxes of any kind. Personally, I don't think Kansas represents true Republican policies. I think we have a Republican gone rogue here.

LOL.

You realize that SOMETHING has to be taxed to allow government to exist, right??

I love when a GOPer sees conservative policies fail, they always pretend those policies aren't the 'right' policies.

It will work better NEXT time!

Everyone has their "facts" and one side does not listen to the other side's "facts", usually because they know they are cherry picked. Once you are set in your ways with your own facts you won't listen to anyone else's. Take Obamacare for one issue. There are tons of facts that prove it is working. There are tons of facts that prove it is not working. Does that really get us anywhere? Does one side win when they post 501 facts to prove their side while the other side only posted 500 facts? Is that when the debate is over or is the debate never really over?
Any debate sets out with an understanding of definitions, a common basis of foundation of what is to be proven. The debators don't decide who wins, the audience does. This forum is not about philosophy, it is about economics, which is about numbers, cold hard facts. If you are going to engage in debate in an economics forum, you better stick to numbers and facts, otherwise the philosophy forum might be better suited for yer kind.

Historical explanation with usual left wing propaganda BS talking points.

No, it is a matter of historical fact that the income tax was originally created to operate on only on the very highest earners and has gradually gotten less progressive, especially in recent history.

If you look at Kal's link you'll see it's mostly the Red states who fully or partially tax groceries.

That's my point. BOTH sides do it. The left usually accuses the right of believing something and then the right lashes back at them and then the left accuses the right of claiming they know what the left is thinking. But, it usually always starts with the left claiming they know what the right is thinking such as all those wars against everyone.

The point is....you do it more than most.

Back
Top Bottom