• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib Goes off on Trump: ‘We’re Going to Impeach the Motherf*cker!’

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
According to accounts from multiple reporters, the new Congresswoman made a sharply-worded pledge to a crowd at a reception held by the progressive group MoveOn near Capitol Hill on Thursday night.

Axios’s Alexi McCammond reports that Tlaib quoted her son telling her, “Look mama you won. Bullies don’t win.” Tlaib reportedly replied, “You’re right, they don’t. And we’re gonna go in and impeach the mother****er.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/new...-trump-were-going-to-impeach-the-motherfcker/

Seems the Leftist Vape Shop Moron also has a seat in Congress.

Seems to be a model mother too.

I wonder if anyone who voted for her believed she gives a damn about Michigan?

They obviously thought she gave more of a damn than the the failure GOP she replaced. Sorry you have sour grapes over it.

A shoutout to Rashida.

She showed everyone in graphic form the quality of people who in a few decades will be running this country -- into the ground.

She should not have used the offensive MF term. This will do her no good and only provide fuel for Trumpkins.

She probably doesn't. But she jumped onto that whole "**** Trump" bandwagon and now she's hitched in for the ride.

We just have to see where this trip takes here for now.

I for one don't see a chance for impeachment and with the way the government gets bogged down with legislative stupidity these days. A disruptive call to impeach a sitting president, will only serve to bog the whole process down even more.

She probably doesn't. But she jumped onto that whole "**** Trump" bandwagon and now she's hitched in for the ride.

We just have to see where this trip takes here for now.

I for one don't see a chance for impeachment and with the way the government gets bogged down with legislative stupidity these days. A disruptive call to impeach a sitting president, will only serve to bog the whole process down even more.

For three years (2011 -13) I worked as chief of staff for a member of the Michigan House of Representatives and we shared a hallway with Tlaib whose office was very near ours. I got to know her since she was there at the same time I was. I can tell you that she most definitely cares bout her constituents and the people of Michigan. Without a doubt she was the hardest working person I saw in the entire legislature. One way she proved that was she divided her office resources to maintain an office in her Detroit district and it was solely for constituent services. She had a full time person who did nothing but assist local people with all manner of problem. She even had CPA's come in and help people with free tax filings and others who helped kids with college applications.

I grew to like her and respect her and I was thankful I did not work for her as she ran her staff hard and there was turnover. But her goal was to serve the people and she did.

For three years (2011 -13) I worked as chief of staff for a member of the Michigan House of Representatives and we shared a hallway with Tlaib whose office was very near ours. I got to know her since she was there at the same time I was. I can tell you that she most definitely cares bout her constituents and the people of Michigan. Without a doubt she was the hardest working person I saw in the entire legislature. One way she proved that was she divided her office resources to maintain an office in her Detroit district and it was solely for constituent services. She had a full time person who did nothing but assist local people with all manner of problem. She even had CPA's come in and help people with free tax filings and others who helped kids with college applications.

I grew to like her and respect her and I was thankful I did not work for her as she ran her staff hard and there was turnover. But her goal was to serve the people and she did.

Anecdotal and no real way to verify, but okay.

Though given how she speaks to this crowd and how she's been responding to people on social media. I'd chance a guess that your vision may be a bit "rose tinted" at this point.

Good luck with that.

Anecdotal and no real way to verify, but okay.

Though given how she speaks to this crowd and how she's been responding to people on social media. I'd chance a guess that your vision may be a bit "rose tinted" at this point.

Good luck with that.

Perhaps you missed my post #5 in which I said she should NOT have used the offensive term.

Perhaps you missed my post #5 in which I said she should NOT have used the offensive term.

No, though you talking out on it was noted.

It's just that this is the same woman who's had this whole "screw Israel" stick up her rear, almost ever since the embassy move.

I just want to see where this goes and more importantly if she ends up saying something extremely stupid on Facebook, or Twitter. Because you know plenty of other people are going to be doing just that. Public outburst like this tend to draw plenty of attention, from many different kinds of groups.

There are 235 Democrats in congress. Its simple probability that there will be a few that are offensive. The Republicans have plenty of members that cause that party embarrassment every time they open their mouths, including King, Gomert, Meadows and Nunes.... fortunately the Dems upgraded several seats, including that of Rohrabacher.

Unlike the named individuals above that I don't think are particularly bright people, this woman appears to be more guilty of doing a stupid than of being stupid herself.

No, though you talking out on it was noted.

It's just that this is the same woman who's had this whole "screw Israel" stick up her rear, almost ever since the embassy move.

I just want to see where this goes and more importantly if she ends up saying something extremely stupid on Facebook, or Twitter. Because you know plenty of other people are going to be doing just that. Public outburst like this tend to draw plenty of attention, from many different kinds of groups.

There is no excuse for her publicly using that term and I do not approve of it.

At the risk of engaging in whataboutism, what about when POTUS said something similar?:

The liberals have been claiming the high road regarding Trump's usual BS statements for the past 2-3 years.

Now fast forward a couple years....................... and now elected their very own fouled mouth Jew hater.

Wow! The "**** your feelings" crowd sure gets triggered easy.

No, she shouldn’t have said that, but trump supporters have no currency for leveling criticism at bad behavior. Offensive behavior has been their whole point for the last two years.

The liberals have been claiming the high road regarding Trump's usual BS statements for the past 2-3 years.

Now fast forward a couple years....................... and now elected their very own fouled mouth Jew hater.

mmmmm, I don't see every single democrat on this forum cheering her on and saying "atta boy". In fact I even see a few saying she shouldn't have said it. We want our leaders to lead by example. You and yours seem to want your leaders to lead by the "do as I say not as I do" mentality (and that's being nice). By the way RN, how's business these days? forced to hire Americans yet?

Mediocre college... crap law school... Guessing this woman isn't the brightest bulb in Congress, and that's saying something these days.

Mediocre college... crap law school... Guessing this woman isn't the brightest bulb in Congress, and that's saying something these days.

Where did you read that she went to Trump University? I can't find that anywhere. *scratching my head*

Nice post. Good to hear that there are still good people out there who work for us. Hope she holds on to that. Too many people unlock the "con" of Congress and end up getting "bought." :(

Righties and Trumpsters: "incoming freshman was not civil!"

Matt Gaetz: "Hold my beer".

https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/1081248698841980928

Evan Rosenfeld@Evan_Rosenfeld

Sitting U.S. Congressman @mattgaetz while co-hosting Outnumbered on Fox News: “I know the President likes to call [@ewarren] Pocahontas, but now that she's making her way from the eastern seaboard into the center of the country, maybe Sacajawea would be more appropriate.”

9:59 AM - 4 Jan 2019

...as opposed to Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh, each college drop outs, yet some people take these guys seriously.

Yes, she did go to the same law school as Michael Cohen. Though it is thought to be one of the worst law schools in America, she is an attorney and has passed the bar. That is an education that is far beyond the aforementioned and most Trump supporters (and even Trump himself) except Michael Cohen. Oh wait, even Michael Cohen realized the err of his ways.

That all said, a stupid thing to do, but even smart people do stupid things. All in, however, there does seem to be a fair amount of hypocrisy here. People that are fine with the POTUS continuing to disgrace his office with his generally crass and uncouth public behavior are suddenly outraged by a low-level frosh congressman caught on tape. Sorry Cons, but you have conned yourselves out of the moral high ground. You have no standards, so you have no basis to call out others.

Last edited:

The real point is that most who voted for her did so realizing she does not give a damn about Michigan. The main interest of voters
in her district is escaping inequalities not in their favor and setting up new inequalities that will be in their favor.
Throughout the Arab world in any free election parties hostile to the USA are likely to win so I doubt the people who voted
for Talib of palestinian ancestry would care much about about Michigan or the USA for that matter.

...as opposed to Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh, each college drop outs, yet some people take these guys seriously.

Yes, she did go to the same law school as Michael Cohen. Though it is thought to be one of the worst law schools in America, she is an attorney and has passed the bar. That is an education that is far beyond the aforementioned and most Trump supporters (and even Trump himself) except Michael Cohen. Oh wait, even Michael Cohen realized the err of his ways.

That all said, a stupid thing to do, but even smart people do stupid things. All in, however, there does seem to be a fair amount of hypocrisy here. People that are fine with the POTUS continuing to disgrace his office with his generally crass and uncouth public behavior are suddenly outraged by a low-level frosh congressman caught on tape. Sorry Cons, but you have conned yourselves out of the moral high ground. You have no standards, so you have no basis to call out others.
This has to be one of the longest whattaboutisms I've read on this forum. We've got Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, Cohen and of course Trump. You people can't post in a thread on how to cook eggs without blaming the problems on Trump.

You people are obsessed with Trump. He is *always* with you. He's in the shower with you when you wake up, and in bed with you when you go to sleep. I must admit, it makes me giggle a bit.

Back
Top Bottom