• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Benghazi Report Finds ‘Troubling’ Gaps in State Dept. Review

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Bill Straub
September 16, 2013

WASHINGTON – A critical report issued by the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee has dismissed the findings of a blue-ribbon panel investigating the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack, asserting that the State Department-appointed commission didn’t properly examine key witnesses and generally failed to perform a comprehensive job.

In a 98-page report released Monday, committee staff concluded that “troubling” gaps exist in the work of the Accountability Review Board (ARB) appointed by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and that the “limitations inherent in the ARB’s mandate and the weaknesses in the ARB’s methodology show that a more thorough investigation is necessary.”

(Excerpt)

Read more:
PJ Media » New Benghazi Report Finds ‘Troubling’ Gaps in State Dept. Review

This issue and the incompetence surrounding the Benghazi attack has been stonewalled for a year. It's time to start indicting some politicians.

The failure of American's to have concern over the lies of this administration (and I'm referring to the errant claim it was a spontaneous riot due to a video) and inability to explain why that happened is sickening.

The failure of American's to have concern over the lies of this administration (and I'm referring to the errant claim it was a spontaneous riot due to a video) and inability to explain why that happened is sickening.

wow, you guys are really stuck on the "spontaneous" claim. to your credit, unlike your stand down lies, the first reports from the CIA did actually say "spontaneous reaction". It said that from the very first draft.

and whats funny (and sad) President Obama sends Rice to read the CIA talking points on TV and cons blame President Obama. President Bush invades a country, kills thousands of Americans, kills hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, spends a trillion dollars based on something the CIA didnt even say and cons dont blame anybody. Amazeballs.

And what is routine is the apology tour, failing to acknowledge the president and his administrations failure and looking back to the failures of other - like that is an acceptable excuse? BTW I noticed you ignored mentioning the hilda beast - you know the one who voted for the war in Iraq and the one who said "what does it matter" about benghazi? How very partisan of you.

wow, you guys are really stuck on the "spontaneous" claim. to your credit, unlike your stand down lies, the first reports from the CIA did actually say "spontaneous reaction". It said that from the very first draft.

and whats funny (and sad) President Obama sends Rice to read the CIA talking points on TV and cons blame President Obama. President Bush invades a country, kills thousands of Americans, kills hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, spends a trillion dollars based on something the CIA didnt even say and cons dont blame anybody. Amazeballs.

And what is routine is the apology tour, failing to acknowledge the president and his administrations failure and looking back to the failures of other - like that is an acceptable excuse? BTW I noticed you ignored mentioning the hilda beast - you know the one who voted for the war in Iraq and the one who said "what does it matter" about benghazi? How very partisan of you.

mmmm, I guess in your round about way you admit the 'stand down order' narrative was lie. thank you. If you were truly concerned about the CIA outpost not having enough security, why did you and republicans have to lie? I really think that you and republicans were really happy that the ambassador was killed.

By Bill Straub
September 16, 2013

WASHINGTON – A critical report issued by the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee
"But Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), the committee’s ranking member, scorned the new report, citing it as evidence that Issa and congressional Republicans have “politicized the investigation by engaging in a systematic effort to launch unsubstantiated accusations against the Pentagon, the State Department, the president and now the ARB itself.”"

This issue and the incompetence surrounding the Benghazi attack has been stonewalled for a year. It's time to start indicting some politicians.

Really? Indict "politicians" for a secret CIA program that blew up in their face?

Last edited:
Benghazi Conspiracy Rally On Capitol Hill Attracts Dozens Of People

capitol-benghazi-rally-555x415.jpg

Benghazi Conspiracy Rally On Capitol Hill Attracts Dozens Of People | ThinkProgress

"But Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), the committee’s ranking member, scorned the new report, citing it as evidence that Issa and congressional Republicans have “politicized the investigation by engaging in a systematic effort to launch unsubstantiated accusations against the Pentagon, the State Department, the president and now the ARB itself.”"

Really? Indict "politicians" for a secret CIA program that blew up in their face?

Haven't you heard, it wasn't the CIA operation that is at fault. It's the incompetence, lies and cover-up after the fact. LOL, the "ARB"? Sounds more like appointing a den of foxes to investigate the break in and murder of chickens in the hen house.

Haven't you heard, it wasn't the CIA operation that is at fault. It's the incompetence, lies and cover-up after the fact. LOL, the "ARB"? Sounds more like appointing a den of foxes to investigate the break in and murder of chickens in the hen house.
The CIA operation, that was the main focus of the attack, that was charged with protecting Stevens, and that was the whole reason for the cover-up.....was not at fault.

You and I have gone over this before, I see no improvement in your understanding of the operation or its aftermath.

No, you're using photo's of the recent Million Muslim march. Shame on you. And of course coming from the non-credibility of Thinkprogress.org. Tsk, tsk, tsk...
Gee, if you think that is a false story, by all means, show it as such.....that is if you can...I doubt you can.

Gee, if you think that is a false story, by all means, show it as such.....that is if you can...I doubt you can.

Can you explain to all of us why Democrats in the committee showed disrespect by refusing to hear testimony from the parents of Sean Smith and Tyrone Woods, who died in Benghazi? To be fair and accurate Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier remained all other Democrats left.

That gathering took place on the same day 9/11/2013, when there supposedly was to be the Million Muslim March. The rest of the people were watching Rolling Thunder come through. Few Muzzies showed up.

Last edited:
No, you're using photo's of the recent Million Muslim march. Shame on you. And of course coming from the non-credibility of Thinkprogress.org. Tsk, tsk, tsk...
That gathering took place on the same day 9/11/2013, when there supposedly was to be the Million Muslim March. The rest of the people were watching Rolling Thunder come through. Few Muzzies showed up.
Good grief, just go to the story link and view the the rest of the photos.

benghazi-rally-1-555x740.jpg

IMG_0376-e1378930648147-555x368.jpg

benghazi-rally-3-555x740.jpg

Last edited:
Suggesting people are happy an American is dead at the hands of terrorist is offensive. You don't realize the reason I care is that I've protected people at numerous US embassies and was responsible for their safety. To see this regime fail in their explanation, fail in their ability to protect, and lie is equally as offensive as YOU.

mmmm, I guess in your round about way you admit the 'stand down order' narrative was lie. thank you. If you were truly concerned about the CIA outpost not having enough security, why did you and republicans have to lie? I really think that you and republicans were really happy that the ambassador was killed.

Good grief, just go to the story link and view the the rest of the photos.

benghazi-rally-1-555x740.jpg

IMG_0376-e1378930648147-555x368.jpg

benghazi-rally-3-555x740.jpg

What has this got to do with Patricia Smith, who is Sean Smith’s mother, and Charles Woods, who is Tyrone Woods’ father, were to have testifying about their sons’ lives and deaths and people like Obama, Biden and Clinton lying to them?

Suggesting people are happy an American is dead at the hands of terrorist is offensive. You don't realize the reason I care is that I've protected people at numerous US embassies and was responsible for their safety. To see this regime fail in their explanation, fail in their ability to protect, and lie is equally as offensive as YOU.

When someone's death becomes an all purpose tool to agitate against a political rival, the agitator's motivations will always be interpreted as dubious. Particularly when that agitator did not appear to notice or care about similar things in the past.

I cant believe your concern is geniune because you had to lie about it. And if you were so concerned how come we never heard about the embassy attacks before Benghazi? Combine your newfound concern with the republican lies and it adds up to people celebrating.

UNBELIEVABLE! Democrats Walk Out of Benghazi Hearings Refusing to Listen to Victim's Parents

09/20/2013

UNBELIEVABLE … Majority of Democrats Walk Out of Benghazi Congressional Hearings Refusing to Listen to Testimony of Parents of Murdered Sean Smith & Tyrone Woods

IT REALLY DOES NOT GET ANY MORE DISRESPECTFUL OR DESPICABLE … DEMOCRATS WALK OUT OF HEARINGS REFUSING TO LISTEN TO TESTIMONY OF THE PARENTS OF SLAIN TY WOODS AND SEAN SMITH.
Read more:
UNBELIEVABLE … Majority of Democrats Walk Out of Benghazi Congressional Hearings Refusing to Listen to Testimony of Parents of Murdered Sean Smith & Tyrone Woods | Scared Monkeys

Of course this is permissible by the Progressive Left. Being disrespectful to those who's children have given up their lives for others is applauded when protecting the liar in the White House.

What has this got to do with Patricia Smith, who is Sean Smith’s mother, and Charles Woods, who is Tyrone Woods’ father, were to have testifying about their sons’ lives and deaths and people like Obama, Biden and Clinton lying to them?
Nothing, it was addressing your false claim that the original picture was of the "million Muslim march". You are, as usual, playing games, participating in dishonest debate.

Nothing, it was addressing your false claim that the original picture was of the "million Muslim march". You are, as usual, playing games, participating in dishonest debate.

Funny you brought that up. Whatever happened to the Million Muslim March on the same day? How many participated? If you want to make a point you should have included them and Rolling Thunder.

"But Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.),
the committee’s ranking member, scorned the new report, citing it as evidence that Issa and congressional Republicans have “politicized the investigation by engaging in a systematic effort to launch unsubstantiated accusations against the Pentagon, the State Department, the president and now the ARB itself.”"

I know, Hillary could'nt even keep her token consulate safe while they ran guns to the various islamo-crazies.

I know, Hillary could'nt even keep her token consulate safe while they ran guns to the various islamo-crazies.
I believe the point remains....the CIA was tasked with security.

I didn't, you initiated it. This is another example of your pathetic, dishonest posting games. Your posts have no credibility because of this.

I didn't bring up the supposed rally you did. Your attempt at obfuscating the committee meeting by bringing in the "rally" had nothing to do with the with the facts of stonewalling. That's why I joked about your posted photo. If anyone here has a credibility problem it's you in your poor attempt to parse and obfuscate the lies coming from the White House and the Dems in Congress. And that is why your credibility is at stake here. Not mine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom