• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New audio reveals McCarthy said Trump admitted bearing some responsibility for Capitol attack

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
CNN)In the days following the January 6 insurrection, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told Republican lawmakers on a private conference call that then-President Donald Trump had admitted bearing some responsibility for the deadly attack, according to new audio -- a significant admission that sheds light on Trump's mindset in the immediate aftermath of the US Capitol riots."

But let me be very clear to you and I have been very clear to the President. He bears responsibility for his words and actions. No if, ands or buts," McCarthy told House Republicans on January 11, 2021, according to the audio obtained by CNN. "I asked him personally today, does he hold responsibility for what happened? Does he feel bad about what happened? He told me he does have some responsibility for what happened. And he needs to acknowledge that."

Imagine that?

hell, anyone with a brain knows this stuff.

it's just that the cult works 24/7/365 to convince people otherwise.

Would be interesting to know exactly what Trump said in response to McCarthy's question about whether he (Trump) bore responsibility for January 6th.

ljmm8qwewcg11.jpg

Had McCarthy just admitted he said what he said I could almost respect him. But this way is much better.

This is what everyone knows except maybe for the lowest fully indoctrinated foot soldiers in the cult that never come up for air. This is what the Republican Party now is, liars, reality deniers, insurrectionists, Traitors, Authoritarian, anti-Constitution, anti-law and un-American.

Would be interesting to know exactly what Trump said in response to McCarthy's question about whether he (Trump) bore responsibility for January 6th.
If one were to get McCarthy to drop his boxers there are probably deep scars where DJT took big bites out of his butt. Then, DJT nursed him back to health at Mar-a-Lago a few weeks later. McCarthy will never truth stray again from the rabid pact.

If only this was actually something that I could believe the GOP/Trump loyalist would care about. But I'm almost convinced that most have taken this song to heart in how to deal with any negative news about their politicians/side.

If only this was actually something that I could believe the GOP/Trump loyalist would care about. But I'm almost convinced that most have taken this song to heart in how to deal with any negative news about their politicians/side.

GOP pre 2016 - Party of Personal Responsibility

GOP post 2016 - We Take No Responsibility At All

Who are you gonna believe, me, or a recording of me saying something I said I didn't say...

Unfortunately, this will have no impact on the bottom 1/3rd.

Imagine that?
Bombshell!

This should be good for the tv hearings that will coincide with election season! It is literally the only card the desperate democrat party can play.

And McCarthy’s dreams of being SOH vanish in 3…2….1…..
Trump seems to be good with it, given McCarthy's obsequiousness since.

Which is a shame. It would be Greek Tragedy to see this taken from him, now, because he was secretly not insane or evil on tape, once.

And McCarthy’s dreams of being SOH vanish in 3…2….1…..
Not necessarily..... The way McCarthy sucks up to Trump makes him a very useful idiot to Trump.

Had McCarthy just admitted he said what he said I could almost respect him. But this way is much better.
Unfortunately, its not respect he seeks, its the SoH.... and he is happy to go a route of no respect to get that. He has knee pads.

Imagine that?
He's headed for Floriduh to suck off... um I mean suck up to tRump.

I think this, and the remarks that Adam Schiff made today regarding upcoming public hearings, strongly suggest that the public is going to be presented with solid evidence that the GOP leadership was very familiar with the plots, and the bogus campaign that trump was using to sell it. And that several key people in the GOP leadership knew about it, as did some of the real right wing crackpots.

Imagine that?
What are they going to admit to next? The sky being blue?

And why is this a surprise to you? Of course, Trump knows he could have handled things better.

First off, Trump should have pushed the Speaker Of The House harder when he asked her to provide more protection against possible lawbreakers.

Trump's request for Nancy to ask for troops to help defend the Capitol on Jan. 6 proves that Trump knew we needed to provide more protection. Nancy was the only one who could ask the President for troops and she wanted a riot so she refused to do her duty and allow Trump to provide those troops.

Trump should have publically demanded that Nancy ask for the protection she knew the Capitol needed.

Give me a break. Is there anyone out there who didn't know that more protection was needed when you expected a huge group of protestors who believed the election was stolen?

Trump should have pushed Nancy harder.

Perhaps Trump should have broken the law and ordered troops to the Capitol even after Nancy refused to ask for them?
Why did Nancy refuse to ask for help?

This one is on Nancy because she, and only she, was responsible for protecting the Capitol!
No one other than Nancy was legally allowed to ask for help. And Nancy knew that additional protection was needed.

If Nancy had asked for troops and Trump had refused, Trump would have been responsible.

The fact is that Nancy wanted a riot. Her refusal to ask for help proves that Nancy was personally responsible for the riot and the deaths that occurred on January 6.

Nancy gets 90% of the responsibility for causing the riot and those who didn't encourage her to ask for help share the other 10%.

And why is this a surprise to you? Of course, Trump knows he could have handled things better.

First off, Trump should have pushed the Speaker Of The House harder when he asked her to provide more protection against possible lawbreakers.

Trump's request for Nancy to ask for troops to help defend the Capitol on Jan. 6 proves that Trump knew we needed to provide more protection. Nancy was the only one who could ask the President for troops and she wanted a riot so she refused to do her duty and allow Trump to provide those troops.

Trump should have publically demanded that Nancy ask for the protection she knew the Capitol needed.

Give me a break. Is there anyone out there who didn't know that more protection was needed when you expected a huge group of protestors who believed the election was stolen?

Perhaps Trump should have broken the law and ordered troops to the Capitol even after Nancy refused to ask for them?

This one is on Nancy because she, and only she, was responsible for protecting the Capitol!
No one other than Nancy was legally allowed to ask for help. And Nancy knew that additional protection was needed.

If Nancy had asked for troops and Trump had refused, Trump would have been responsible.

The fact is that Nancy wanted a riot. Her refusal to ask for help proves that Nancy was personally responsible for the riot and the deaths that occurred on January 6.

Nancy gets 90% of the responsibility for causing the riot and those who didn't encourage her to ask for help share the other 10%.
That is such fantasy. At this point there is overwhelming evidence that Trump instigated the violence on 1/6 as part of the "Green Bay Sweep." As long as the final certification of the election did not happen on 1/6, Trump had a path to remain in power. If Trump were really concerned about the riot at the Capitol, he would would not have gone radio silent while it was happening, because he was glad it was happening.

All of Trump's actions from election day (actually before election day) to 1/6 were designed to set aside the results of the election and remain in power. He knew, however, that if the certification actually happened, he was done. He pulled out all of the stops, including partaking in illegal activities.

Don't try to paint Trump as doing anything to prevent nor stop the events of 1/6. Trump did nothing to prevent the problem; he was the problem. In saying otherwise, such as a above you are lying to yourself. In posting such as you did, you are lying to the rest of us. Look, you can have your reasons to like Trump. That stance is defensible. Trying to tell us that Trump was no culpable here, well, that is not.

If you want your posts respected, please deal in reality and post honestly. No one is interested in, nor do we wish to argue with your fantasies.

Last edited:

What makes you think it didn't go exactly as he wanted it to go? He praised them, after all.

Back
Top Bottom