And why is this a surprise to you? Of course, Trump knows he could have handled things better.
First off, Trump should have pushed the Speaker Of The House harder when he asked her to provide more protection against possible lawbreakers.
Trump's request for Nancy to ask for troops to help defend the Capitol on Jan. 6 proves that Trump knew we needed to provide more protection. Nancy was the only one who could ask the President for troops and she wanted a riot so she refused to do her duty and allow Trump to provide those troops.
Trump should have publically demanded that Nancy ask for the protection she knew the Capitol needed.
Give me a break. Is there anyone out there who didn't know that more protection was needed when you expected a huge group of protestors who believed the election was stolen?
Trump should have pushed Nancy harder.
Perhaps Trump should have broken the law and ordered troops to the Capitol even after Nancy refused to ask for them?
Why did Nancy refuse to ask for help?
This one is on Nancy because she, and only she, was responsible for protecting the Capitol!
No one other than Nancy was legally allowed to ask for help. And Nancy knew that additional protection was needed.
If Nancy had asked for troops and Trump had refused, Trump would have been responsible.
The fact is that Nancy wanted a riot. Her refusal to ask for help proves that Nancy was personally responsible for the riot and the deaths that occurred on January 6.
Nancy gets 90% of the responsibility for causing the riot and those who didn't encourage her to ask for help share the other 10%.
That is such fantasy. At this point there is overwhelming evidence that Trump instigated the violence on 1/6 as part of the "Green Bay Sweep." As long as the final certification of the election did not happen on 1/6, Trump had a path to remain in power. If Trump were really concerned about the riot at the Capitol, he would would not have gone radio silent while it was happening, because he was glad it was happening.
All of Trump's actions from election day (actually before election day) to 1/6 were designed to set aside the results of the election and remain in power. He knew, however, that if the certification actually happened, he was done. He pulled out all of the stops, including partaking in illegal activities.
The insurrection wasn’t a one-day event. It was the culmination of a multifaceted, yearslong plot — and it isn’t over.
A judge ordered lawyer and Trump ally John Eastman to give records to Congress' Jan. 6 committee, saying that Trump and Eastman's plan amounted to a "coup in search of legal theory" on Jan. 6.
Trump and allies filed scores of lawsuits, tried to convince state legislatures to take action, organized protests and held hearings.. None of it worked.
Member of House Capitol attack panel says hearings will focus on Trump’s bid to cling to power
Don't try to paint Trump as doing anything to prevent nor stop the events of 1/6. Trump did nothing to prevent the problem; he was the problem. In saying otherwise, such as a above you are lying to yourself. In posting such as you did, you are lying to the rest of us. Look, you can have your reasons to like Trump. That stance is defensible. Trying to tell us that Trump was no culpable here, well, that is not.
If you want your posts respected, please deal in reality and post honestly. No one is interested in, nor do we wish to argue with your fantasies.