• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New anti-rape female condom

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Guercia/GettySouth African inventor Sonette Ehlers explains how her new anti-rape female condom works, at her house in Klaemond in South Africa. She is distributing 30,000 of the device at the World Cup.

antirape.co.zaRape-aXe is a device which latches itself to the skin of the attacker, causing immense discomfort, allowing the victim to escape. Related NewsArticles
CONCACAF representing well in South Africa'Two Escobars' finds link between soccer star, drug lordWith win, Brazil locks up spot in 2nd roundTied down! Champion Italy ties New ZealandVuvuzelas, make a racket at Marlins baseball game
A South African doctor has developed a new female condom that she hopes will combat rape in the most painful way possible.
Dr. Sonnet Ehlers has invented Rape-axe, a female device with jagged hooks that latch onto a man's penis during penetration.
The doctor is distributing 30,000 of these condoms in South Africa during this year's World Cup.

"It hurts," Ehlers told CNN. "He cannot pee and walk when it's on. If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter."
South Africa has one of the highest rape rates in the world, according to Human Rights Watch. It is also believed that 16 percent of the population is living with HIV.
Rape-axe is inserted like a tampon and when embedded to a man the device can only be removed by a doctor.

Some have accused Ehler of creating nothing more than a new-age chastity belt

Read more: New anti-rape female condom, Rape-axe, debuts at South Africa's World Cup

I could have sworn these have been around for more than a decade.

Does this mean if I use this my vagina will be featured on Shark Week?

How does the woman remove it though? I hope there are instructions for this. And I highly doubt we will see this as legal in the US in the near future, just because of the potential for the accused rapist claiming that the woman said yes to sex knowing one of those was in her.

That'd suck if you tried to get it out, and got your finger latched onto.

"911, yes--I have a shark condom attached to my finger!"

Just reading about this makes me cringe.

Consider it an incentive to never ever skip the foreplay.

There are also anti rape jackets. They electrocute the attacker on touch.

I dont think I would want to use any of this anti rape gear. For a start, rape is something that is rare enough, so I dont want to remind myself everytime I go out, that it could happen to me, by wearing anti rape items. I would likely think differently if I lived in a country at war, where rape is a real and frequent danger.

Does this mean if I use this my vagina will be featured on Shark Week?

I can imagine you'd have competition for centre page spread from male prisoners that are sitting wondering whether inserting such a device would save them in prison (and they're probably wondering whether they'd enjoy the experience of putting in the condom... )

Back
Top Bottom